1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Nintendo Switch Oled Thoughts

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Samsam101, Jul 6, 2021.

Tags:
?

Are you going to get the remodel?

1. Yes

6.3%
  2. No (probable answer)

87.5%
  3. Maybe

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Today, Nintendo decided to randomly announce a new model of Nintendo Switch with no warning. The new switch that people had been waiting for all year now has been announced, under the name of ''Nintendo Switch OLED''

This is weird, because a leak in the Switch's code called it ''switch pro'' and many shopping sites were listing it as ''switch pro'' last month. What changed?

I think personally that ''Switch Pro'' was a working title that stuck for a while until lately when Nintendo realised that maybe a minor upgrade to the switch doesn't deserve the name ''Pro'' and quickly renamed it to ''Nintendo switch (OLED model)''

Anyway, onto my thoughts with the console. Here's the trailer btw:

So basically, it's pretty good. First of all, that colour scheme is awesome and a huge improvement over the previous model

Here are its features and how I feel about them:

Wider screen: I don't get the point but ok
    OLED screen: Not too bad
    Better speakers: Nice
    Edit: Just realised how shit the current speakers are so I'm a little more excited for this feature now
    Better kickstand: YES
    LAN in TV mode: Can't think of when this will be used other than in tournaments but whatever
    64 GB storage: woooow what a huuuge improvement

That's basically it, the system doesn't have any better performance than the OG switch and is pretty much just graphically nicer and has some more uses

I, personally, will be getting this console. The main reason is that my OG switch is starting to break, as it sometimes fails to read game cards and I anticipated a new switch model this year so I didn't bother replacing it until a new model was announced.

I have one last question though. Why did Nintendo decide to randomly reveal this console one day instead of at E3? The console was 100% done by then since it had started to ship out to retailers, and E3 would have been a great place to do it. Also, Nintendo didn't stick to their software-only E3 plan since they revealed the Zelda Game&Watch which is technically hardware, so it's not like it matters..

Well, I have 2 theories:

• Nintendo knew people had found out about this new model months prior, and that they were expecting a new model reveal at E3. They knew that it wouldn't be a huge surprise, so they decided that they would randomly reveal it to increase hype about the console and surprise even those who knew it was coming
    • Nintendo knew that people would be skeptical if the (possibly at the time) ''Switch Pro'' would have exclusive games, as after seeing all those awesome games being announced they would be a little bummed by the fact that all of those games might be exclusive to the remodel. To evade confusion, they delayed its announcement.

That's all I have to say, feel free to say how you feel

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Komi likes this.
  2. omba

omba i'm gaming holy FUCK i'm GAMING HERO

Minecraft:
    switch oled: how people wished the original switch was when it wasn't

theory 3, history repeats itself:
    release a slightly upgraded version of the original console to get people to buy it, only to announce the real sequel soon afterwards to get everyone to spend their money again

Komi and Samsam101 like this.
  3. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi custom titles are cringe

Minecraft:
    I probably will not pick it up, since to me, it just feels like it finally got some features that should have been with the Switch when it released.
    Idrc about a lot of the new stuff, except maybe the kickstand, and even then it's not really a lot. The LAN Port also apparently takes away a USB port from the Dock, so there's also that.
    Really, the only massive thing it has software-wise can just be solved by getting an SD Card of like 256+GB.

If I did not have a Switch, and saw that, then I would probably pick it up, but I see no point in getting it if you already own a Switch or even Switch Lite.

4. Komi

Komi The Damselette HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only reason I'd get the new version is if I bought my own switch since I share one w/ younger sister

AlleonVera likes this.
  5. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    technically not a necro(exactly one month), but i dont check this subforum much, tbh i was more interested in the splat 3 footage in the OLED reveal than the OLED model itself

6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pokemon BD/SP look much better graphically than they did in their reveal trailer so seeing better footage of that game is cool too

I just hope the game has new content like ORAS and HGSS because it'd be really underwhelming if they were basically just HD remakes of diamond and pearl

7. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    horrible for current switch owners, good for to-be switch owners

TS_potato likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.