Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER NEW TEASER

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ~ Hyacinth ~, May 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah i agree, the ambient sounds feel very intentional, though if it's because of something in the update or just for atmosphere in the videos, i'm not sure. but i'm leaning towards something in the update because the teasers seem to be made very deliberately. i doubt that they would add SO many ambient sounds, especially in Lurking Danger, if they didn't mean something. maybe it's just sounds from a mob in the update? no way to know. but i feel like the abundance of sfx in these teasers has to mean something

2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People are really overlooking the main point of the teasers: they're finally removing mobs from the game!

Jokes aside, I think that people are right about the ambient effects and random encounters, as that seems like what the trailers are trying to convey. That would also make sense with swarms returning; they're a random event that can occur for an entire city, which I would guess is the largest form of these they could add.

Something that isn't being talked about though is the fire animation at the end of the teasers, or more specifically how it's a flaming skeletal hand. This seems like a pretty major detail. I think this might suggest something related to the nether or to corruption in general, since that would tend to fit with both the "flaming" and "skeletal" aspects of it. I doubt it's about them bringing back the nether or anything specifically to do with the corruption, just because the portal and its surroundings haven't appeared in any of the teasers. I think it's more likely that it's just related to the corruption and its forces in Wynn. Once again I think this supports swarms being re-added, as that would be related to the corruption, and more specifically of intensifying attacks by the corruption in an effort to conquer cities (which also fits with the "hand" part in case you needed one, since the idea of a hand reaching out and grabbing something is about as classic a symbol for conquest as you can get).

If I had to wager, I'd say we're getting ambient effects, more random encounters/ events including swarms, more corruption lore, and possibly setup for a corruption questline which might be added alongside/involve Fruma. The last two are definitely stretches, but I think that they make sense, especially since I don't think they would feel that ambient effects and a handful of random encounters is big enough to be a full update now given the scale of the last few updates, and that corrupted lore/setup for a questline would make a lot of sense to be added alongside swarms. Likewise, to me it makes sense for some amount of corruption lore to be added with Fruma, since Fruma clearly has a reason to send over dissidents to fight it rather than just, I don't know, executing them? Using them as slave labor in some mine? Brainwashing them with the mental-erasure powers they clearly have access to? This might just be a way of getting rid of them, but they're sending them here specifically. I think there's some lore to be had in there (or maybe the content team just thought a game that started and ended with you being executed for treason against the crown in Fruma wasn't a great idea, which I can't really fault them for). The idea of intensifying attacks would make sense with this too because it would- okay at this point I'm waaay out there in pure theory territory, and I'm not a mathematician so I'll stop. Either way, I suspect a proper corruption questline will be added at some point, so even if it has nothing to do with Fruma at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see them set it up at least in part now.

3. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry, Salted said on Discord that swarms will never be readded to Wynncraft because they are too laggy.

BethJerry, Elysium_ and Melkor like this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When was this though? They were extremely laggy back in the day, but they've made some major improvements to lag issues with mobs over the years. We've already got large groups of mobs spawning in a number of challenges, almost as many as were in swarms when they were a thing, and those perform fine for the most part.

5. Trekkie_Cow124

Trekkie_Cow124 A Cow In Space CHAMPION

Minecraft:

Attached Files:

Melkor likes this.
  6. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    when people are making something they dont wanna spoil they lie all the time about it to make sure the secret is kept

MlecznyHuxel99 and Gogeta like this.
  7. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    let’s hope so lmao

8. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Yea that message is cap, they put the NoL bossfight in the game; what lag smh

9. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    e.g.: Andrew Garfield was fighting for his life during the No Way Home allegations lmao

AlleonVera and KaiserSpin like this.
  10. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Newest teaser: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/innerlh41ko

I don't think it says too much that's new, as a lot of people expected the realm of war/nether to be relevant - the question is still how it will be used.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Gogeta likes this.
  11. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That didn’t age well lol

12. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    whole area is remade

Gogeta likes this.
  13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think he meant we always expected a RoW rework and a subsequent RoW gate rebuild, just that we still don’t know what the RoW will actually be used for.

14. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Wider shot of the portal from Twitter:
    GPd6wT0bsAAN5rj.jpg Might be a nice desktop background lol

15. GenocidedPenguin

GenocidedPenguin Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I dont think this is important but i realised that this portal is vertical instead of horizontal

16. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    RoW is not the Roots of Corruption

AndriX3S and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  17. GenocidedPenguin

GenocidedPenguin Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Oh shit i confused TNA with Dark Portal

18. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    seeing all these theories is super fun!! hope yall found the teasers interesting

19. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah but the RoW gate is

(Also what does Olinus know that we don't)

Dr Zed likes this.
  20. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nothing.. totally. i promise :p

Retathrah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.