Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER NEW TEASER

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ~ Hyacinth ~, May 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let me guess, are we going to have to combine all these black and white images together to make some monster?

2. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    or maybe a new roots of corruption

3. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah we figured it out guys. You can stop posting the teasers. We know it's a crab

upload_2024-6-4_20-16-15.png

4. WithTheFish

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    new teaser just dropped, and I think it's the most crucial one they've done yet. I'm going to make a bold statement and say that the bird might be a red herring, and Salted actually wants us to look at something else in the trailer.

The player is clearly heading down the northwest path from Detlas, the lootchest in the trailer is still there today.

The clearly revamped version of this path has two key differences: no mobs seen, and different trees. I don't think the former point means much, as mobs could've just been removed to make a better video. But the new trees in the trailer feel very deliberate and small, unlike the semi-randomized large trees used for profs.

I think this teaser is our best evidence yet for a theoretical professions rework.

5. Je Hooft

Minecraft:
    Detlas' surroundings seem to be getting a rework!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, Detlas' theme got a third update, it has drums now

Crokee, BethJerry, dr_carlos and 11 others like this.
  6. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    The bird actually has a shadow in the new short. With the changes to music for Fruma, I'm guessing this update will maybe get some ambient sound effects and new wildlife?

Not something I'd expected until now, but it'd be a welcome addition

Also: New texture for wands in the New short? Or a new class? They showed off relics in a teaser before shaman became a thing and people assumed it was a new skin for wands or something. Maybe it's the same again?!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  7. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That’s just a weapon skin i think
    yea, this is very interesting. the character in it also is constantly looking up and the bird seems to startle him, which kinda makes me think the threat might be in the sky? or just really big idk lol
    but, like you said, it also seems like they are hinting at a potential prof rework

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    luckeyLuuk and Gogeta like this.
  8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that's the Arcanist's Tome weapon skin, available from Heroes Crates

9. Je Hooft

Minecraft:
    New teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZqKGuSRiqno

Undertale is now canon guys

Seriously though, what could this be? I honestly have no clue what this means, other than more world events or something?

upload_2024-6-5_20-20-26.png

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
  10. luckeyLuuk

luckeyLuuk Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    of course it's a crab, everything will eventually evolve into the ultimate lifeform

11. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Do they put hot sauce on everything

From twinkies to milk

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  12. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, it's what they do as the ultimate lifeform

13. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
  14. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Let’s go +1 inventory slot!!!1!!1

15. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
  16. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F2FCtWY9D34

New teaser.

This seems to take place in the Nivla Woods as I'm pretty sure I saw that Wynn Plains Monument shrine in the background.

My main takeaways from this:
    • Possible Spider Questline changes? Very far stretch though as I'm pretty sure quests won't be touched on that much and will be saved for Fruma. Also given the fact that the Spider Questline came out a year ago it seems a bit too hasty for that.
    • New mob encounter type: This is far more likely, it could be teasing a new AI for how mobs work as they skulk around looking for players. It could also very well be a new way to fight bosses or other things analogous to that. Out of all the teasers this is probably the one that I'm most uncertain for what it could mean.

17. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I don’t think these teasers are hinting at quest lines. I think it’s just world events and random encounters.

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  18. WithTheFish

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The latest teaser feels like the most cryptic one yet, mainly because it looks like nothing has changed. Like, this feels like it could've been released anytime in the last year as an advertisement for Wynn that shows off Nivla Woods, and with mobs removed to make it look more "clean".

19. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah I would never have banked on an early-game overhaul again so soon after the one we just had a minute ago. I love that it's happening, though.

20. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Stupid speculation time: I think the next update might add a bunch of environmental ambient sounds. Maybe other environmental stuff too, like random encounters, falling leaves, birds and other wildlife that doesn't murder you on sight, that kind of stuff. Reasons in favor:

Salted said that the whole Minecraft community would be interested in Wynn's next update (someone please give me the source of that, can't be bothered atm). Minecraft is, in this regard, somewhat lackluster. No animal sounds besides the ones that are very nearby, no echoes (or other sound post-processing), no falling leave particles besides cherry leaves, no wind, etc. If Wynncraft can pull those off, lots of Minecraft players would be interested.

Before I try to explain why the shorts teasers seem to support all this, I'm gonna have to talk about how they're made. We know that they're made by Olinus, that he recorded on an updated version (Detlas' surroundings have changed), and that it is in fact on a proper server and not a world download (the mobs in SE behave as they would on a server). Looking at the older shorts, he often has characters wear no visible armor and a weapon skin, so that's not relevant. What is relevant is how few of the others shorts have any ambient sound, and how the teasers have really distinct ambient sound. The NPC has birdsong, armor clattering, and some kind of indoor shuffling. Pathway Walk has birdsong, crickets, wind, and a fluttering bat. The Fall seems to have a unique sound for the leap spell thing (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Assassin in ages), a different kind of wind, and a unique sound when the floor breaks. Lurking Danger is full of ambient sounds: wind, a bunch of different birds (or scary monsters!!!!!) and rustling bushes. And I think I may have picked up on one crucial detail: there's a single falling leaf in the second and third shot, and one more in the last shot. So I think we can rule out that that leaves were added by a mod, as with the amount of leaf blocks, leaf particles should've appeared way more. My insane bet is that these two particular leaves were deliberate, and are the key to cracking the update wild open ok no probably not but they're DELIBERATE I TELL YOU
    With the amount of care Olinus puts into every one of his videos, and Salted overseeing shorts production, I can't help but think the special attention to ambient effects isn't accidental. That said, there are various strong reasons against all of this:

Pathway Walk's walking sounds don't exactly line up. When the Mage walks over cobblestone and wood, you still hear the dirt sound. It would mean all the sound effects were added in post, not captured in-game.
    It's more than likely all the sounds are just part of the extra care they've put into the teasers. Olinus doesn't put much ambience in the shorts, but who's to say someone else didn't add it afterwards? CraftedMovie's old vids are full of ambient sounds. Maybe Salted added them, just because he always does.
    None of the other teasers are about sound in any way.
    The two falling leaves might've just been from this mod. The Falling Leaves mod. The Falling Leaves mod that is in Olinus' modpack. But that raises the question: why only two? WHY? I NEED TO KNOW THIS or I'm going to KILL A SOMEONE

the drought is really getting to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.