Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics New light bender ability.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Colten Veyna, Apr 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colten Veyna

Colten Veyna Travelled Adventurer

I've been playing Wynncraft for about two years now and my favorite class has been the mage. With the new architypes they've released, I've come up with an idea in my head about a new ability for the Light Bender. This would be a late game ability that would require you to have Heal, Orphions Pulse, and Ophanim. You would need 8 out of 15 unlocked abilities for Light Bender. In order to use this ability, you would need to be nearly full on health. to cast it, you would need to shift and cast heal. This ability would drain a large amount of health in a very strong attack in a circle around the player. The range on this would be 3 blocks. Does not work if the player does not have enough health.

Let me know if this is a good idea or not.

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting concept, but I don't think it goes with Light Bender's theme of being a healer. Also I'd describe exactly how much damage this very strong attack would do (as in how much of one's DPS and how is it proportioned among elements?)

3. ineedhelp

ineedhelp You need help?

more like acolyte

4. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Doesn't fit the archetype at all. We come up with plenty of archetype ability ideas on our own, it would be better to talk about where the archetype fails in the niches it's meant to fill and ideas on improvements as opposed to just trying to create an ability and all its details.

5. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I agree with the replies, massive health costs (or health costs in general) doesn't fit with Lightbender's playstyle at all.

Though Lightbender could definitely use a flashy ability. Its gameplay loop is functional (attacks hurt your orbs, then heal your orbs) but it's very repetitive and could use some exciting aspect like the ability you suggested. I especially like the bursty aspect of this ability, which is a huge contrast from Lightbender's "low-but-consistent" damage and would be great for keeping things exciting!

6. Colten Veyna

Colten Veyna Travelled Adventurer

agree with what youve said. Just feel like its way to consistent and or feels like spell spam. thought this could bring out some other ideas to help it be able to stand with other classes.

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It already does?? And it stands out a whole lot too???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.