Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World New Assassin Weapon!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Corcustos, Sep 24, 2015.

?

Do you support this?

1. Absolutely!

61.9%
  2. I guess it's decent.

19.0%
  3. I hate it.

19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So. I've noticed something. The shears, or daggers, aren't quite... up to the task when it comes to the assassin. While it is true that the shears best resemble an assassin's dagger better than anything else besides the sword, who said the assassin's weapon had to be a dagger? The assassin move set doesn't exactly support the usage of a dagger in a realistic aspect. Not to mention it is the only non-3d weapon. The bow, wand, and spears are all held and look 3d. Shears do not. So let me suggest something else.

What if the assassin's weapon was a Sickle and Chain? Also known as a Kusarigama. A sickle and chain is a small scythe-like weapon on a chain, commonly used by assassins. Here is a few reference pictures to get the idea of what I'm talking about:

Note: Not to be confused with the Kama. A Kama/sickle has no chain, while a kusarigama/sickle+chain does.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you might ask, "What would the new item be?" Well that is simple. What item in Minecraft resembles this weapon perfectly? The Hoe. An Iron hoe would work perfectly.

Tagging onto my previous statement about the move-set and weapon conflicting. Can a dagger actually reach that far and all around when doing a spin attack? No. Can a Sickle and Chain? Absolutely. Are you able to forcibly swing people around while hitting them continuously with a dagger in mid-air with multihit? Nope. Can you with a Sickle and chain? Yep. You can wrap the chain around them and hit them with the other end. Easy.

A Sickle and Chain supports Wynncraft's assassin class better than a Dagger. Unless of course, every assassin is a magical assassin who can levitate a dagger so that it spins around you and follows people into the air.

Thanks for reading! Leave your thoughts and comments down below. All feedback is appreciated. If you're going to disagree please provide some constructive criticism so that I know what you mean. I can't understand "I don't like it because of reasons". Let me know what I'm missing and what I did wrong. Thanks! ;D

~Cor

2. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    I don't like it because of reasons.

But really, it might ruin the age-old shear usage thing.

This would probably work in the Gavel update, though, as weapons will have different textures and stuff, and at least SOME of them could be this. Or, if they add a range feature (in 500 years), this'd have more range.

blankman likes this.
  3. Corcustos

Minecraft:
    I can't quite comprehend what you're saying...

Just kidding. Anyways... New province new weapon, yes?

AlphaRue likes this.
  4. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. The developers would have to change all of the weapons and all it would result in is a minor vanity difference. Plus the daggers are a classic weapon in most RPGs, while a sickle and chain is less known and doesn't fit well with the assassin class.

5. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    Yep. Changing the item to a hoe would require some time, as well as the fact that everyone's used to shears. With the update, though, there will be a resource pack, as well as new items, which can result in it being added. Range differences, probably not, and if not, probably not for a long time, but it could be there in the far future. Something to think about is the Chakram. In-game, you use it like any other Assassin weapon. However, the Chakram is a real thing, and when you use a chakram in real life, you throw it.

6. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    It might be a cool idea for a 3D model. I'll have to give that a try.

7. Corcustos

Minecraft:
    Fair enough. I see your point with the whole Chakram thing. Also the fact that shears is what everyone is used to. I can see how it would conflict if the sickle+chain was implemented because of this. Thanks for your feedback.

8. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gavel will come with an awesome RP, which means you won't ever have to see the shears again, because these will be changed into a lot cooler looking objects.

Pretzule, Violet Knight and NickMC96 like this.
  9. mister_nini

mister_nini I am level 75

Guild:
    Sickle and Chain is the best assassin weapon idea

Corcustos likes this.
  10. Ferne

Ferne Lead Strategist and Nice Plant [UEZ]

Guild:
    It'd be a good idea in theory, but we've got to remember that it'd be horrible for the devs to change all the shears to sickles...
    Besides, as other people said, Gavel's gonna come with an RP and the whole shear thing won't matter anymore. Sickles and chains could be stuck into that, but otherwise we've only got (in theory) a little while until Gavel is released so there's really no point for this change to be implemented in the first place.

Corcustos likes this.
  11. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

Cool idea, it would make much more sense with the spells. Not to mention, this is actually one of my favorite medieval weapon, so +1 supporter!

12. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A cool suggestion, but a bit too late. Gavel is already going to have custom item textures :/

13. Corcustos

Minecraft:
    I'm aware of this. I made this suggestion two months ago.. A bit before Gavel was "around the corner". :P

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  14. roboblock93

roboblock93 its a me CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +1 iron hoe=scythe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.