1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Nemract Remake?

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Scepticism_, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scepticism_

Scepticism_ Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Something I've been wanting to do for a while is give the town of Nemract a breath of fresh air so, I decided to work on it recently! As you can probably tell this version of the town is quite more compact than the original and is missing a fair amount of ocean and boats but it still tries to remain true to the palette and style that the original town has! Key buildings that the town features have also been included somewhat!

Feedback is appreciated and let me know what you guys all think of it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Novalescent

Novalescent Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like the way you incorporate the Acacia into the docks to look like stone pillars. Well done!

Druser and Scepticism_ like this.
  3. Scepticism_

Minecraft:
    Thanks man! Wasn't sure how it would look in the end but glad to see that it seems to work out alright! :D

4. Minitinipower

Minitinipower Join me in coffee and philosophy

Minecraft:
    You just straight up rebuild a whole city...
    huh

Scepticism_ and Novalescent like this.
  5. Scepticism_

Minecraft:
    Yeah lmao I guess I kinda did, albeit a bit smaller than the original

6. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    I really dont like how these builds lack shape and is overdetailed it almost feels too messy. You are putting in details just for the sake of it, instead of having an actural reason for them to be there in the first place. Therefore there is way to much clutter on the screen making it look extremely messy and undesirable.

I guess it kinda stems from the wynncraft style and if you are mimicking it there is really nothing you can do about it.

The wynncraft style is not really that good of a style, its horribly outdated and generally calls for extreme over detailing.

Great replication, really the skills used could've been vastly better.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Scepticism_ likes this.
  7. Papa Cthulhu

Papa Cthulhu CEO of the Corkus Trading Company VIP Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say overall the build looks quite nice. Although I feel that the paths should be a mix of blocks rather than a single block.

Scepticism_ likes this.
  8. Scepticism_

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah tried with this build to stick with the original Nemract palette and style. In the future I'll keep that in mind with personal builds about the clutter and detailing! :)
    Yeah experimented a lot with the path, thought that adding in some variation with the path looks rather messy the way I did it so I stuck with this. Could've however incorporated the dirt/brown powder mix a bit more into it though!

Papa Cthulhu likes this.
  9. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Early Wynncraft Veteran VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Have you taken a look at the map recently

Bart (MC), HalfCat_ and Dr Zed like this.
  10. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    No, Aside from the New Detlas which I've seen a while back when I was on the build team.

11. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Early Wynncraft Veteran VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should go and take a look at the new map, then. Some towns, cities, and places of interests were changed to fit with the current style, and parts of the Gavel border and environment were completely redone. Not everything can be revamped in one go, so we're taking things slowly and improving the map one part at a time.

Instead of calling the style "horribly outdated", go take a walk in Wynn before commenting. Do some research to fix your lack of perspective. ^^

Papa Cthulhu and HalfCat_ like this.
  12. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    That was my bad for not acturlly hopping on the server and looking at it and I do apologise. I was just not expecting for the old builds to be revamped and I am very glad indeed they have been because some were definitively in dire need of an update. Hopefully we see this change cascade onto the fourms as well, with people building less slab spammy structures.

HalfCat_ likes this.
  13. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Ehh, you always seem to put a bit too much pressure and tend to keep calling a build that looks visually pleasing to the average joe "repetitive" or "over-detailed" or "messy", I mean, a build isn't mean to be flawless, and most of the time a tad bit of repetition is necessary, you can't build a templle without the pillars being the same height, also what type of building style do you prefer exactly?

Scepticism_ and Papa Cthulhu like this.
  14. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania VIP Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Qulaey is usually never wrong with their criticisms. This build is definitely repetetive, over-detailed and messy. You're just missing the point with these criticisms. Repetition is oviously not about pillar height and a build is not supposed to be flawless in the sense that they're brand new. However there are ways to achieve these things that look much better. Builders over-detailing their work is a very common problem that almost all builders do but that doesn't mean it's a good practice.
    If there's no one to tell you how you can improve are you going to? Most likely not. Criticism is very valuable and I think instead of being offended by it everyone should embrace it and learn to improve and not make the same mistakes again. The first step is to know what you're doing wrong, and that's not always very obvious.

15. Druser

Druser Heavy Melee time HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They may be right, but Benjin does have a point in that they tend to be super critical frequently.

Papa Cthulhu likes this.
  16. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Seems legit

17. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    I was definitively a bit too harsh in my criticism this time, I have to remember that each time I post I am usually talking to a brand new person and that they are usually beginners. I sometimes just get fed up of saying the same crap: Overdetail Terrain Shape . I am truely sorry, that is definitively my fault for putting alot of pressure on people, I'll try to be nicer from now on.

In the end, even I make many mistakes in my buildings, you can pick them apart if you want and you'll mounds, but I am always striving, listening to criticism and improving no matter how harsh. What I am trying to say is, no matter who you are, wheather you are a grand achitect on the Pixelbiester build team or some beginner on on the fourms there is always something to improve on. I'm only here as a senior member of the fourms to offer my opinion and expertise, pointing people in the right direction. OP literally said that he is taking feed back. Why are you getting all excited over me giving him some?

HalfCat_ likes this.
  18. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Okay, good to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.