1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

My Thoughts On 1.20

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by pesto, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Yall excited for the new update?

1. For all of it

2. For most of it

3. I'm neutral

4. Not really...

5. Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pesto

pesto Can has cookie? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't mind me. Just another post on thoughts and feelings about 1.20.
    I dunno how well versed this post will be as it's getting late and I had to write a small assignment for a class and therefore had to use a ton of brain energy for it, but I'll try my best. This is mostly just a feels post rather than analyzing things so don't expect this to be all "technical stuff this" and "game design that." I am a pure simpleton that's just hyped for this update.

I'm actually very excited for this. I think this will be nice mid to mid-late game content Although running corrupted dungeons over and over can be fun, it can also get super repetitive and therefore lose it's charm over time. Having 7 or 8 characters level 100 and above and working on yet another, this will definitely provide a nice break from corrupted dungeons. I'm excited to actually run these raids when they come out! The concept of them is intriguing to say the least and I can't wait to see how these have been executed in-game.

This is the part I'm most excited about! It may seem kinda pointless, but ever since I joined this server, I've wanted housing so badly to make this a more immersive experience. Although these houses will be done on plots in the sky, it's honestly more than what we've had and I can't wait to build myself a nice lil place when the time comes :) I feel like it was said how building will work in terms of obtaining blocks and all, but if anyone has an explanation, feel free to quote this part and lemme know!

This is more a general topic than a specific one like the past two above, but I'm honestly stoked to see the build updates (especially Cinfras. Really digging the Russian vibe) and I can't wait for the updated quests (although I don't do quests much.. I've only done the Realm of Light storyline once in all of my characters... may revisit it once the update comes out to see what's up.) I'm also looking forward to seeing the update Forgery as I have spent many hours of playtime there... the grind is real. In general, I'm happy Gavel got a breath of new life.
    Speaking of the Forgery, though...
    I am beyond ecstatic for this! Not only for the fact it offers a chance at mythics, but because I find this to be a neat way to earn some extra rewards and XP. Since I tend to spend quite a bit of time at the Forgery, this feature is going to be more than appreciated.

I'm probably forgetting somethings like pets and new cosmetics and stuff (I'm really looking forward to the new weapon skins omf) so if there's anything I'm forgetting, I'll probably edit this with thoughts on the stuff I've missed.
    But onward to what there's been quite a few posts on....

Now, this part of the update it kinda controversial. While I'm personally looking forward to it, I can also understand peoples' reasoning for finding the rank a bit too much. I hope it doesn't end up as OP or p2w as it's proposed to be as I don't want people to feel at a disadvantage, but I also can't deny things are looking pretty nice...
    The one thing I am worried about just like everyone is the bomb bell feature...
    I'm hoping that whoever throws the bomb has the chance to ping rather than it being an automatic system as some people who want Champion may get easily annoyed if people kept joining in for a bomb party when they (the bomb thrower) didn't want one. That and I feel it would help lend a hand to the bomb discord (I think that's what it is) from not being semi-wiped out (I don't follow this and probably never will.. I have some reasons but one of them being I just don't wanna follow it lmao)
    Other than that, I'm kinda chill with what the rank entails. I just hope it isn't stupid expensive...

Sorry if you were looking for more technical stuff rather than what this jumble was but I'm honestly just here to enjoy the game and share my thoughts on it. Once again, if there's anything I missed, lemme know and I'll try to get around to it! I'm also sorry if this post was a mess but it's late and I'm tired and I just wanted to thought-dump.
    If you've made it this far.. I dunno. You want a cookie? I've got a package of chocolate chip if that works? :)

Anyways... I hope you're having a nice morning, afternoon, evening, or night wherever you are in the world.

2. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    On the balloon dock, on the island, there is a 'Block Merchant'

3. Ankarin

Ankarin Bad profile post guy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do like myself a
    B L O C K
    M E R C H A N T

4. pesto