1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Mutton's Game Suggestions - Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by i eat bees, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Howdy everyone or at least the few people who are actually going to read this.
    Today I'm going to be talking about a game called Planetside 2.
    planetside-2-screen-16-ps4-us-05sep14.jpg
    PS2_GDC2012_Screens_030512__20.jpg
    If you like MMOs, FPS games, Or both, You will absolutelty love this game.

I just have to mention that personally, This is my favorite all-time video game.
    <>-------------------------------------------<>

Planetside 2, Is a free to play 6 years old futuristic, MMO, First Person-shooter, War simulator.

Think of a never-ending match of Battlefield 4 between 3 different factions, Inside of an absolutely massive open map, This is basically what this game is.

The game goes extremely deep and could get really complicated, So I'll try to explain it as easily as I can.

The game simulates a war on resources between 3 different factions that you can choose from, Each faction has it's own different weapons, Air and ground vehicles to offer, Also different communities, And Player-made platoons (It works like an actually organized real-life military), The war happens in a virtual planet called Auraxis.

The game has absolutely huge player-made battles that happen constantly every day, (We're talking 200 vs 200 players, And it's not just infantry, We got ground vehicles such as tanks and armored trucks, Air support such as futuristic jets and troop transports, Orbital strikes... And more, So you might need a good PC if you want to be able to play it).

The game's playerbase has remained fairly stable for the past 2 years and consists mostly of veteran players, So it might be hard to level up once you get into the game but you'll manage.

The game also has a pretty neat progression system, You can customize your character, Class, Have a bunch of different weapons to choose from, Battle suits... Abilities, And so on, One of the most impressive things are that because there is no ranking system, People who have been playing the game for 6 years sometimes get to fight people who joined the game 2 days ago, Now let me explain to you why that's not a big deal... Because Planetside 2 does not work like any other RPG when it comes to progression, The progression system is based completely on letting you customize your character in order for it to simply fit your play style, No class or weapon is considered stronger than the other, As a matter fact someone who just started the game actually has a very good chance of managing to beat a fully customized veteran in a 1v1, The main things that make you "Good" at this game are aim, Movement, Knowing how to utilize your skills properly, And remembering the map.

<!> On a note- There are 6 servers for Planetside 2, Most of them sadly not very active, The only very active ones are placed in Europe, Their names are Cobalt and Miller, So if you play in one of those servers, Even not at the prime time, You will very likely stumble onto a 100 vs 100 player fight really quickly, With the game's fast travel mechanism you are able to get into combat in seconds.

Planetside 2 is truly, One of a kind.
    So if you like MMOs, Player-made battles, War Simulators, Or FPS games, Be sure to give it a shot, It's free on Steam.

If you want to play with me, I am active on the Cobalt server and I play for the faction Vanu Sovereignty, My username is Krakawsky, Feel free to send me a friend invite.

Comment any relevant questions, I'll answer all of them.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    SpadenadeZ1 and PatrickIsAdopted like this.
  2. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Used to play planetside 2, but i am bad at mineman
    but i would still reccomend cause there are so many peoples

3. 0ryx

0ryx The Shoutbox Revolution has begun.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I played it at one point too. I was part of Vanu Sovereinty in it as well. Sadly the game got really complicated and I got bored of it, but I remember I’d see actual wars going on, hundreds of people attacking a point on the map at the same time.

I play a similar game now called StarWarsRP on GMod, it still has the 200 vs 200 type battles only with 200 players and maybe 1-2 event roles and hundreds of droids.

4. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    BROTHER
    I see you chose the path of enlightenment aswell.

0ryx likes this.
  5. DrX2345

DrX2345 Has terrible autocorrect | Kandinsky Bead

Minecraft:
    That pistol though...

Is it just me or does it look massive?

6. ehhhhhhhhhh

ehhhhhhhhhh A guy playing a game on a thing

Minecraft:
    Sounds cool. I just skimmed over it all, so I'm not sure, but is it an MMO or MMORPG?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.