Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Musicians + Magic Instruments

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Computekk, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Add this?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Needs More Info

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Computekk

Computekk Steampunk Virtuoso

I think it would be cool if there was a group of professional musicians in Wynn, and a quest where they all teach you about their specific instrument, and at the end you get to pick one to specialize in based on your play style. The quest will be level 35 and will be called “The Magic Instruments”

How the musicians could function is they would each specialize in a specific instrument, and teach you how to master using their specific instrument. There are five musicians that I have in mind. A Trumpeter, Violinist, Harpist, Percussionist, and a Flute.

You can choose one of the five instruments to specialize in for the rest of your journey based on the quest and which one suits your play style. Once you pick an instrument, you cannot pick another! So be careful which one you pick. Playing each instrument can grant specific stat boosts when played, each lasting for a certain amount of time. For example, if you choose to be a trumpeter, when you use your magic instrument, it could grant you extra Melee Damage. The Harp could grant spell damage, Violin could grant Elemental Damage, Percussion elemental defense, and flute health Regen. These can be switched if you think other stats fit instruments better.

This can add more color to builds. The magic instrument quests are all unlocked at level 35, and your instruments all level up three times.

level 1 instrument = combat level 35
    level 2 = 55
    level 3 = 75
    level 4 = 95

the higher your instrument level, the better the stat boost is, the length of the boost also increases! Your instrument can be played once every 30 minutes to add stat boosts to your character for however long dependent on your instrument level. This means you can play your instrument twice an hour and have a maximum of 20 minutes of boost for an hour and a minimum of 4 minutes.

Level 1 = 2 minutes of stat boost
    Level 2 = 4 minutes
    Level 3 = 7 minutes
    Level 4 = 10 minutes

The stat boost values are up to the content team if this were to be added.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You need to add a poll.

3. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    at this rate they might as well just add a bard class instead

4. pumpkindove

pumpkindove happy lurker

Minecraft:
    i like the idea of having a quest based on professional musicians but i don’t have much of an opinion on the magic instruments and their buffs!

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ocarina of time intensifies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.