Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Monster Pokedex Sort Of Thing? (122 Supporters Pls Vote)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pifg, May 8, 2018.

?

u like idea or nah?

1. ye

132 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. nu

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. meh

14 vote(s)
    9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So I was thinking you could add like a thing in the character menu, that would open up a GUI showing you all the different types of monsters you've killed. It will appear as an X if you haven't killed it, and appear as a check mark if you have. Also maybe a seperate section for bosses? I think this would be kinda cool and give players initiative to go out exploring to find new mobs to add to their collection. I know it sounds kind of dumb, but give me a chance, I'm trying to help improve the server.

Something that's half my idea and half @Stormarend's idea, each mob will have a minimum and maximum amount of xp when discovered/killed for the first time, and how high or low the reward will be is based on your current level. The reward will be highest if you kill a mob at your exact level, and lowest if you kill one WAY above or below your level. Another thing suggested by one of you lovely people is that for each area, there would be it's own specific page, and when you complete a page by killing one of every mob in the area, you'll get an xp reward. I think the xp reward should be a certain percentage of the discovery xp. Maybe 50%? For example, when you discover Freezing Heights, lets say it gives you 10k xp. So completing the page will give you 5k. (I don't actually know how much xp it gives so gimme a break)

Here's a list of possible names I have for this:
    • Combat Journal
    • Monster Research Log
    • Bestiary
    • Hunter's Journal
    And here's an image of what it could possibly look like (made by @aws404)
    [​IMG]

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion, leave any feedback, preferably nice, and if you're gonna criticize, at least make it constructive by suggesting workarounds to the parts you don't like.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    RiderTest101, ---, Gegaba and 31 others like this.
  2. Wommby

Wommby 2 galleons 1 lootrun CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually really like this idea, but I think you should have to kill mobs and not be able to just be near them and get them marked. Also, it would be cool if this Pokédex-like thing (maybe call it the Combat Journal) could give you rewards. I think the mobs should have separate sections (or pages) for specific areas and types of mobs, and once you complete a page, you get a certain reward. For example, there could be a Winged Page containing mobs like Golden Avia and the hostile angels in Sky Islands, and this could give you something air-related, maybe some air powders. Then there could also be an Olux Swamp Page with mobs that spawn there, and a Fire page for mobs with fire element. Some other rewards could be emeralds or, for the really hard pages, like elements and bosses, special gear that can only be obtained this way.

---, mouldy, Carrie and 11 others like this.
  3. Pifg

Minecraft:
    Thanks for making my suggestion even better, that'd be awesome :p

4. Retathrah

Retathrah Retired Nostalgia Hunter, Tired Metalworker CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Well, firstly an appropriate name could be the Monster Research log, and maybe part of a long sidequest in similar spirit to Legendary Island, where it’s not really a quest, but kinda is, and after an area has been logged, you get a reward. Maybe redeemable tokens to then cash in for items or just straight items.

And I’d say you have to kill the mob in order to login it’s info, otherwise maybe a 5-block distance while looking at the mob without solid blocks in the way would trigger it being logged into the book, or killing the mob.

This can be a great way to discover lore on various mobs, like from the ToA and Hive, to get a better scope of the nature of the monsters you face. Given this idea is elaborated more on this can be a great inclusion to the game on a lore front, but also on a “hey i got nothing else better to do” or “i’m gonna be the one to get everything and no one’s gonna stop me” front.

mouldy, coolname2034, Aya and 2 others like this.
  5. Marco

Marco Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I’ve always wanted something like this actually, it would be especially cool for lore on the mobs of Wynn, especially the bosses. I was thinking of doing something similar just for fun where I make like a classification system like they have for organisms irl with Latin names and everything, but if this was added it would work just as well. (Someone said it above but Combat Journal sounds like a cool name for it.)

Aya, Dr Zed and Pifg like this.
  6. Enhanced_Human

Enhanced_Human Natural Born World-Shaker

Minecraft:
    Usually something like this might be called a Bestiary.
    I don't know if that name fits better, but I thought to mention it.

SUPER M and Pifg like this.
  7. Wommby

Wommby 2 galleons 1 lootrun CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Free Bump10char

8. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    i hope the reward isnt a piece of paper saying "congratz u got all the pokimans now fuck u, u just wasted ur time on this"

CoolVictor2002, mouldy and Pifg like this.
  9. Retathrah

Retathrah Retired Nostalgia Hunter, Tired Metalworker CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I mean if it’s also with however many tokens or the last item your given it’d be an amazing reference. But then you should be able to sell it for however much LE, my vote for at least 10 to make all the hunting worth it, like how Dodegar’s Ultimate Weapon can be sold for 7 LE to compensate the hunting for actual garbage

mouldy likes this.
  10. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Great idea! Sort of like discoveries I guess.

11. Exoltic

Exoltic Rip Jonghyun, 12/18 VIP

Minecraft:
    donut let die i like this idea

12. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hollow knight, one of my favorite games has something called the hunters journal. If you kill a creature enough times, specific to each creature, it’s added to your journal, showing a picture of the creature and a bit of lore about it.

I feel something like this could be really cool.

IreczeQ, WithTheFish, Aya and 6 others like this.
  13. ArthurExtreme_Br

ArthurExtreme_Br Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    this would be VERY, i said VERY hard do code at this stage, if that's was added when the mobs were added, this would be way easier). and also there is a lot of mobs that are just a variation of another one, and other that... well... like the thingy that appears after after destroying a soft sand, but, i dunno, maybe?

14. ArthurExtreme_Br

ArthurExtreme_Br Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    NVM, i have an idea to put lore but not get exahusted for the lots of mobs, instead of a lore for EVERY EACH MOB, the Monster Research list will be separated into zones (like some ppl said up here) and the lore will just be where these mobs came from, that's it, changing my vote

15. Pifg

Minecraft:
    True, or they could just make the code for the combat journal or whatever its called, then take the code for the xp from when you kill each mob, and basically just copy and paste it, but changing it up a bit so instead of rewarding xp and loot, it adds it to your thing

16. Pifg

Minecraft:
    its really not, your mind just hasn't got past its pre-puberty phase yet

Exoltic likes this.
  17. Pifg

Minecraft:
    bump because i want more supporters xdddddd

18. Jalapeno9

Jalapeno9 Shadow of my former self HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also how it would even scan monsters? And give data? Like? Examble?:

"Sees archon"
    "Scans the archon"

Thats archon. Theyre f***ing pain of your ass. These bastard live in sky island dropping you to void by shooting tears at your face. These guys are also everywhere

Lvl: 98.
    Hp: 10 000.
    Fighting style: Ranged.
    Elem stats: weak to Earth. Do thunder damage and resist thunder.
    Spells: none

So like that?

19. Pifg

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I edited out the part about the "scanning" or "encountering" or whatever because that'd be too hard to code. So I changed it up so it counts which mobs you've killed and yes, exactly like that, but maybe with another info section called "lore" which explains about the monster and how it came to be and what it is.

Also I agree, #ArchonsAreBad

20. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    they could give you info about mobs in an area when you discover the guild territory, what whould give the more reason to get all the territories.
    +1 I had wanted this for a long time to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.