1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Mob vote 2020 & 2021 opinions

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by __Kofa__, Mar 10, 2022.

?

Who should’ve won?

1. Chillager (Iceologer)

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Moobloom

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Copper Golem

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. Glare

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Glow Squid

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Allay

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __Kofa__

__Kofa__ Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Just wondering who you think should’ve won in both mob votes. I think it should’ve been the chillager (iceologer) and I didn’t really like any of the mobs in the mob vote 2021. The poll has no glow squid and allay cause they won. You can vote for multiple mobs too btw.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  2. TheAckening

TheAckening Skilled Adventurer

Kind of makes the poll useless lol

3. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    For 2020, I mostly just didn't want the iceologer to win. they are easily one of the most annoying mobs in dungeons and I would bet that the community opinion of them would be similar to that of the phantom. other than that I would have voted for the glow squid just because I like squid, and I think the moobloom would devalue the uniqueness of the mooshroom

I'm not sure which I would have wanted for 2021, the allay is easily the most useful but its design IMO incredibly boring, and i think the glare would have made for nice atmosphere even if it is dead useless.

EDIT: every single scrapped design mojang has shown for the allay is more interesting than the vex retread we got

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    __Kofa__ likes this.
  4. __Kofa__

__Kofa__ Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I can add a poll then for the winners. I didn’t add them cuz they won

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think glow squid and allay were the best. I remember really hating the glow squid but without them we wouldn't have glowing signs. Signs were incredibly difficult to read ever since Mojang added the ability to dye them and the addition of glow ink sacs helped greatly. If my original vote, the Iceologer, had won, we'd have gotten an annoying mountain illager that throws ice at you and probably drops nothing. The moobloom was fun too but also not very useful.

As for 2021, the Allay always seemed the best to me because of its potential in farms and adventuring. The copper golem was cute and useful for randomizers so i initially had a tough time choosing but I did settle on the Allay. The glare was basically useless and its only appeal was how cute it was

I'll cover a couple other votes too:

The first ever mob vote was a very exciting event and everyone made the idiotic decision of believing that phantoms would encourage Mojang to do a sky update (which did not happen). To be fair, we were never told in great detail what the mobs would do and none of them were given names. I think the other mob ideas were also really annoying though, for example i think i recall the weird trapinch-looking thing being able to disenchant things. I think the blaze knight would have made nether fortresses even more annoying and the sea monster would've made 1.13 an absolute pain. This mob vote was essentially "pick your poison"

The next year, Mojang decided to not make the community vote on annoying mobs and instead let them pick some biomes for them to update which would each include a new mob. Mojang said that all the losers would be added later and the vote was just to pick which to do first, which seems to be true now that they're updating swamps. First there was a choice between taigas, deserts and savannahs. The taiga won because everyone loves foxes. I think the taiga biome was probably the best option as it added a new crop and a new method of cooking things. The savannahs added termites, ostriches and baobab trees while the deserts added meerkats and palm trees. New wood types weren't desperately needed and termites seemed annoying.

The next year they did it again and this time with mountains, swamps and mesas. Mountains won i believe because people thought Jeb saying "snowier snow" was the funniest thing ever. Mountains of course added beautiful new terrain generation along with goats and powdered snow, and they may even have influenced Mojang's decision to make the caves and cliffs update since they had to rewrite the terrain generation already. The swamps would've added mangroves, frogs and chest boats which are all things we're getting now in 1.19. The mesas offered a new cactus variant and vultures. Unfortunately Mojang has yet to add nor announce any of the biome vote losers aside from the swamp for the Wild Update, though I expect to see them as it'd be a little odd if an update about adventuring only added 1 new biome for players to see.

I think the most influential mob vote was definitely the 2nd biome vote, as it seems that its features are the most useful and its ideas have influenced Mojang a lot. The worst mob vote was absolutely the first. I love the mob votes and i hope Mojang continues to do and improve them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.