Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Mangle MID is a little boring.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by BabaFisi, Sep 17, 2024 at 4:10 AM.

?

Do you like my take on the Mangle MID?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BabaFisi

BabaFisi The Rifted Jack-of-All-Trades CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The Mangle major ID is a little boring, and I think is an example of how not to do a major ID.

Major IDs usually have a tangible effect on how you play the game, such as increasing meteor speed, or increasing totem tick rate, which then plays into finding a way to best use the major IDs, and the items they are assigned to.

Mangle is just a small upgrade to Lacerate, and one that I don’t think would have a tangible effect on how you play the game.

What I suggest is something more like this:

Mangle
    : Lacerate only deals 1 slash, but becomes omnidirectional, and the slash travels in the direction you casted it from.

This would solve the issue of Lacerate never really doing anything besides flying, unless you are really close up to the enemy. Now, it acts as a sort of projectile that can be aimed, which, for assassin, I think is a nice change of pace.

It would sort if be like Grubberfly’s Elegy from Hollow Knight, where you swing out a sword beam.

Elysium_ likes this.
  2. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i agree that current mangle is pretty lame as MIDs go, considering there is literally an identical ATree ability
    however
    what does omnidirectional mean? like a circle? (also what am i supposed to imagine? shockwave from MCD?)

3. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Isn’t Lacerate already omnidirectional