Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Make disconnecting during world events keep you in the party

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Locky1110, Aug 15, 2024.

?

Agree?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No clue if this is a bug or not but i'll post it here anyway. This post is a bit of a rant but I promise there’s a suggestion in here. It’s a little important to see where I’m coming from before you acknowledge my suggestion.

Disconnecting or getting kicked during a world event, atleast in my experience, completely rips you out of your party if you're in one. You can't spectate the battle and you don't get any rewards.

This is particularly confusing to me because raids, a feature updated at the same time, quite literally binds your soul to the server it’s on. You can’t do anything, and I mean anything, when there’s a raid going on. It won’t let you switch classes. It completely deactivates your scrolls. It will rip you back into its world if the idea of server hopping ever crosses your mind. And this remains true when it even THINKS you’re in a raid. When a raid implodes on itself, it will still keep you as its prisoner. The only thing that will be present at the end of the universe is my character being bound to WC34.

So I hope you can understand my frustration that when fighting a world event with my friends, something significantly more likely to fail, there are zero traces of my existence in their party after I am disconnected due to server lag.

I don’t understand why the penalty for disconnecting is so harsh, especially when the server currently has frequent issues involving disconnections. I can understand that parties shouldn’t have to carry the bums that don’t want to do anything, but at the same time you don’t need to disconnect to do that. If you die in a world event you still get to spectate and more importantly, you get the rewards. I would say people that die are arguably less deserving of the rewards then those that disconnect, because at least they got their chance.

Now I completely understand that the server issues are completely out of the developers control, at least right now, and this post isn’t attacking them for it. Nothing could’ve prepared them for the magnitude of players currently playing their game. However, the problem is still there, and I think a blanket fix like this needs to alleviate some frustration that players may have.

So a simple suggestion today. Make it so when you disconnect during a world event, it reconnects you, much like a raid, and treats you as if you died. You get to spectate and you get rewards if your group wins.

Now I personally think a grace period of sorts should be added, and if you reconnect when you haven’t died you can come back to life and keep fighting, however that’s a suggestion for another time.

That's all from me

Stonefriend, OhNames and Gogeta like this.
  2. OhNames

OhNames Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Sounds like a huge inconvenience.
    Hopefully it gets fixed sometime soon.

3. Gone2Dream

Gone2Dream Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    Resources may be better spent on trying to fix the disconnect issue itself over adding that in. Although, having some protection against disconnects wouldn't be bad.

4. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, however I don't expect them to be able to fix all the problems they have in a relatively short amount of time. At least this change can be rolled out relatively quickly and shouldn't require much brainpower on their end.