Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Make Armorskins Great Again!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Heylo, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Do you want to see Armorskins back?

1. Yes, of cause!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, but(t)....

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. It wouldn't hurt any1 right?

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. No, because...

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Absolutly not why ask pls kys!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Apache Attackhelicopters are stronger that your arguement!!!!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bring Armorskins back.

The old skins should be still availible (c'mon you didn't delete all of 'em) and the new ones can be done till the next update as the community is always there to help design new parts.

This would be awesome as by painting the armour on the skin again you become truely invisible during cutscenes. This leads to that if there are multiple people in the same scene everyone can see it.

Of cause there are always those who don't want anything on there skin or prefere armor for those i have the same solution as we had.
    /toggle armor

pls tell me your thoughts about it as.... ehm well i'm not good at this..... just tell me.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  2. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO CMD

Minecraft:
    How should they implement this? I'd think there's a reason why armor skins were removed in the first place. The original code likely had issues, and new code isn't necessarily easy to make.

3. Heylo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    they removed it as they hadn't had the needed server power but it seems that they now have the possiblility to have more resource heavy features.

How to implement they had a possibility and without an explaination if this method is now impossible i think it should be but in the end this is a suggestion and if it is impossible it'll be either ignored or there will be and response that it is impossible soonTM

4. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there was smth to do with the way wynncraft did it that was sketchy or smth and they were forced to stop
    iirc :/
    although wth u talking about having server power lol half the servers are like 60% lag half the time lmao

SUPER M likes this.
  5. Heylo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also pls vote on the pool just becuz xP

6. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it was better before in so many ways

7. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure Mojang told them to remove armor skins

SUPER M likes this.
  8. Chise

Chise A loli dressing like a cheese >w< VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Im not super sure about this armorskin thing, as it do brings a lot of trouble for me when Im playing wynncraft in the back days
    That time armorskin kinda makes me always unable to login to the world, and kinda causing some lags for me somehow
    Im not sure if its related, but i personally kinda worried about this type of problem happen to me again

9. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    There's actually a few reasons why they were removed, and why they're not coming back. First of all, the system behind armorskins used to take the player's skin, apply the armor PNGs on it and upload the picture to imgur for the server to use. However, Mojang disliked this feature, since it allowed servers to access people's IP addresses in a sketchy manner. Nowadays, implementing this feature would still be possible, but it'd have a minimum of 30 seconds of delay in between skin changing. Overall, I believe Salted himself mentioned once, that the armorskins weren't too great of an experience for players. If you do however still wan't to see them ingame, you should check these optifine compatible resource packs made by community members:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-and-wynn-improvements-resource-packs.210764/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-custom-armor-textures-old-armor-skin.211024/

CookedPelvis, Dr Zed, aws404 and 3 others like this.
  10. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Quickgrade: F
    Two F's in a row this is saddening.

You didn't do your research.

SUPER M likes this.
  11. aws404

aws404 Wynn CMD VIP+

Minecraft:
    As said before the feature probably won't return but you can use one of the alternative resource packs that have been created by the community.

12. Keeko100

Keeko100 static VIP+

Minecraft:
    I mean they could just use Optifine to give armors different textures and recommend it in the lobby

13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    There was a whole thread about this in which Salted clarified this. One of the other reasons is that armor skins limited how fast they could make new items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.