Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Mage Tree Rework

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by FroggyNuggets, Oct 22, 2024 at 5:57 PM.

1. FroggyNuggets

FroggyNuggets Frolliver Danger Hollywonkel

Minecraft:
    -Tree Redesign

Hey guys, I had an idea about a potential rework of the Mage tree. The goal is to make Rift walker more accessible in the tree then it is currently. As it stands in the meta both arcanist and light bender use winded to greatly increase their damage how ever the placement of light-bender being in the middle walls off arcanist from the majority of the abilities. Light bender is the healing focused class so I found it strange its favored over arcanist when you loose mages health sustain. So I thought moving Rift walker to the middle would allow both classes to benefit equally from rift walker and maybe even give rift a more unique play style now that it can utilize arcanist abilities.
    upload_2024-10-22_20-56-1.png

From the testing I've done most of the current tree designs are still possible
    Some popular ones being 20 winded riftbender, riftcanist

Aswell as this I had some thoughts on some changes to abilites that arent that popular to potentially give them some use.
    -Ability Changes

-
    Pyrokinesis: I think this ability could benefit by removing the Mana Bank requirement from it. Mage melee currently isn't on par with the other classes in Wynn so removing the req would allow the player to heal again and pair the ability with buffs like fortitude and ophanim. With this change mage melee still will be worse than the other classes. Mage is the spell focused class afterall.

-
    Timelock: I know this ability is already heavily discussed but I think I found a cool work around to keep it relevent to the playstyle. Currently the issue I and may others have with Timelock is that it removes the collected winded for an enemy in exchange for a buff applied to a player. This is fine in solo content in wynncraft but for situations like raids world events, and forgery: group activities, it hurts your teammates if they're also benefiting from this buff. So I have two solution to this problem. The first one distributing a buff to all players in a certain radius, aswell as removing the flying element. My second option is removing winded from the current ability and let the ability consume a personal stat like time dilated. So if you max out or get it high enough it would buff another ability like ice snake or teleport considering those of the archetypes highlighted ones.

Ex. Inertial Impact: Once you 200 Time dilation is reached casting teleport will consume the stack and grant a significant damage bonus when in contact with an enemy

- Explosive Impact: teleport damage hard to aim as is and is out classed by all other spells in terms of damage so i thought adding a temporary way to aim teleport to this ability would make its combination with wind slash and blink more viable.

Ex. Movement Burst: While sneaking teleport will keep you in place and deal damage on the location your standing.

Well that's it for the post thank you all for reading have a wonderful rest of your day everyone.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 12:03 AM
    luckeyLuuk, Barled and Elysium_ like this.