Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Lower Requirements For Media Rank (youtuber Rank)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pally, May 27, 2021.

?

Opinions?

1. I agree completely!

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. I agree, but... (Give suggestions in the comments!)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I disagree.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello! This is likely going to be incredibly short, and likely not well put together as of yet. If you see this and are inspired to make some kind of elaborate forum post, go ahead, however, I would like to put forth my comments on the state of Wynncraft content, and possibly a way to help it?

Alrighty! So, one of the things I've been noticing lately is a lack of content for Wynncraft, which is somewhat disappointing. As this is my most played game and I believe it deserves and could do a LOT better, with more content creators making good content for the server. After looking at some of the reqs for MEDIA rank, as well as spending hours on twitch watching Wynncraft streamers, I feel like I have come up with an idea to possibly bolster content on Wynncraft. (This isn't a long-term solution, but it would get more people to start streaming/making videos about wynn and making tutorials. In between now and the 1.21 update)

For full information on Media rank reqs, please look at the official thread here :): https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-get-media-rank-on-wynncraft-youtube-rank.288256/

For now though: Lets get onto my suggestions for streaming Wynn! (These suggestions are mainly based for the people who make videos/stream wynn regularly)

STREAMER REQS:
    If streamed Wynncraft for 30+ hours:
    - At least 800 Followers (or equivalent)
    - On average 15 or more concurrent viewers
    - Active streaming schedule (No problem with this)
    - Streamed Minecraft at least a few times (Wynncraft counts as Minecraft) (No problem with this)

Now, I used to do streaming as a little fun thing I'd do on the side, and it was somewhat difficult for me to get into a habit to do that kind of stuff. now, 800 followers is quite a lot, this kind of achievement without any help from external streamers/an incredible amount of luck and talent for streaming, would take over 6 months-over a year to complete, this is one of the things I feel scares a lot of aspiring wynncraft content creators away from streaming the game, as it is incredibly difficult and time consuming to attain that much.

"- On average 15 or more concurrent viewers"

Now this, is possibly even more difficult than the follower requirement, as it can be incredibly difficult to keep these kinds of viewers consistently unless you have multiple friends or a guild that you can build this kind of foundation for average viewers upon.

How would I suggest to change this?:

SUGGESTED STREAMER REQS:
    If streamed Wynncraft for 30+ hours:
    - At least 500 Followers (or equivalent)
    - On average 10 or more concurrent viewers
    - Active streaming schedule
    - Streamed Minecraft at least a few times (Wynncraft counts as Minecraft)

I believe this would encourage a bunch of new Wynncraft content creators to come out of the woodworks and begin streaming Wynncraft daily.

YOUTUBER REQUIREMENTS:

If uploaded 10+ Wynncraft videos:
    - At least 800 Subscribers (or equivalent)
    - On average 200 views or more per video after a week
    - Active gaming channel uploading regular content (No problem)
    - Uploaded at least a few Minecraft videos (Wynncraft counts as Minecraft) (No problems here)

SUBSCRIBERS:
    - At least 800 Subscribers (or equivalent)

If you've ever done youtube, getting 800 subs is difficult to do off of Wynncraft content, and if you have uploaded 10+ Wynn videos, it is highly likely that you do wynncraft regularly as one of your "main content sources." While this is not as bad as the follower requirement for twitch streaming, I still believe it needs to be lowered slightly!

AVERAGE VIEWS:
    - On average 200 views or more per video after a week

Now this, makes me a bit more hesitant on the youtube content side of things, after going into Youtube and looking up Wynncraft then filtering for the last week of content in Wynn, only 1/13 of the videos uploaded have reached 200+ views, not even the first guild, AVO hitting level 100 broke over 100 views. I feel like this is one of the major things that prevents people from spending time on creating Wynn content on Youtube.

SUGGESTED CHANGES:

If uploaded 10+ Wynncraft videos:
    - At least 600 Subscribers (or equivalent)
    - On average 70-100 views or more per video after a week
    - Active gaming channel uploading regular content
    - Uploaded at least a few Minecraft videos (Wynncraft counts as Minecraft)

Now I know that there are probably more issues with these suggestions, and thats fine. I'm just saying it's likely that something needs to change to give new/smaller streamers a goal that seems somewhat attainable.

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry for wasting your time with this haha

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Xeabia, Saya, Potatomancer and 9 others like this.
  2. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

3. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

4. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    When Paladin's suggestion is actually good, much wow, so great, amazing, Featured Wynncraftian material right here :D

Actually good idea. media rank is that much closer now

5. Mooseroom

Mooseroom Should probably be doing something more productive

Minecraft:
    Great idea!

6. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One thing though, it's already low

7. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're right

8. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sob

I’d love to hear you elaborate more on this though!

9. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So the active playerbase at any given time is 1400~ players, 800 is over half of the active players >.> KInda hard to get that kinda follower ship, the viewership isn't too bad, but meh

10. OriTheSpirit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Subscriber idea, first at all, not all your audiences are from the wynn video, you may already have some initial followers that's not even watching your video after a while

Twitch average viewer, I have to agree with you now I think about this because Wynn gets a bit repetitive after you get to the endgame, don't think anyone wants to see lootrun or prof stream lmao

11. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okie let's see, it's hard to get subs just off of Wynncraft yes that's true. It took me around 3 ish years and 500 videos of Wynn before I got YT rank. But do I think it should be easier? no. And its not because I want to gatekeep, the more wynn content the better, it's more so that YT rank is a sort of "reward"/incentive for making wynn content that the community enjoys and that you've made it for a while/have a large imprint on the community. Anyone can upload some videos of wynn, but that doesn't mean they should "instantly" get YT rank.

With the update to the requirements already made so much lower I dont see the need to lower them further.

anyways, have a nice day
    //olinus
    if exposure and such is an issue DM me (olinus10#4030) and i can invite you to the Wynntuber discord, we sometimes plan collabs and events there and that can be a stepping stone to growing

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Saya, TS_potato and Pally like this.
  12. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you so much for the reply! I understand what you are implying and I agree somewhat with Youtube rank, however it is more so the streaming requirements that I am somewhat concerned with considering activity on Wynncraft streams, as well as the fact that the Wynncraft category was removed off of twitch for some reason, making visibility for a ton of these people who stream Wynncraft purely a lot slower than it used to be, and also makes people feel less inclined to stream wynncraft regularly, and move on to other communities, which is harming Wynn's possible player base in general from my perspective.

I really appreciate you coming here to respond to my thread, and I will take what you say into consideration following this. Thank you also for offering visibility/collabs with new wynntubers/streamers as well. I will spread this to a couple of my friends :)

The subscriber idea is more so based around the idea of growth, Wynn content creators need to have visibility, and if a lot of your viewerbase isn't coming from Wynn, why upload videos on it if you want to grow?:

EXAMPLE:

Youtuber A uploads Wynncraft content once a day, 4 days a week. He gains a total of 100 subscribers in a month of uploading, and averages 40-60 viewers for every video he uploads. They've grown a bit, but now growth begins to feel stagnant, as Wynn content becomes slower and the time since 1.20 has come out, viewership declines and the youtuber is left with 20-40 average views and has only gained 40 subs in the next month.

Youtuber B uploads Minecraft Manhunt/Challenge videos once a week, he gains a total of 1000 subscribers, and averages 400-700 views per video, he continues his path of growth throughout the months and with content that is new and fresh, keeps things rolling throughout the coming months.

If you were Youtuber A and saw Youtuber B's success, would you continue to upload Wynncraft content that barely gets any views, or would you follow Youtuber B and hop on their train?

While this is true for every video trend, as we saw with Fortnite, Hypixel's Skyblock, Fall guys, Among Us, and now Friday Night Funkin, there is just not enough to keep serious youtubers to keep uploading Wynn content that is quality if they what to really grow fast. There are of course outliers, like people who are passionate enough to upload Wynn content their entire time there, such as Olinus, or Glazer. But Wynn doesn't have the steady stream of content to keep content creators in the loop that are wanting to grow.

Sorry if that seemed offensive or anything in the way I worded it, I hope that explains my concerns.

TS_potato likes this.
  13. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

14. OriTheSpirit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thing is that no youtubers are forced or locked on only creating one singular type of content lmao

15. TheNelston

TheNelston only ironically afk in the head HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No opinion on the YT side of things, but I do think that the 15 concurrent viewers requirement for streamers is a little bit too high, especially when considering how insanely difficult it is to grow a livestream channel. In general, you should expect about 1 concurrent viewer per stream per 75-100 followers, so a concurrent audience of 15 is usually going to mean around 1k+ followers at the bare minimum, which is much higher than the 800 limit currently set out in the guidelines.

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  16. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They aren't, but if Wynn content doesn't have you grow more than other content, you will post less and eventually quit making Wynn content. That was my point

17. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fully agree with the streamer thing, agree with subscribers, but

completely disagree with youtube views.
    200 is an extremely low bar for decent content. I hit 200 on wynn content within a few days, if not a day, and I'm not even a "youtuber", I just upload nerdy wynncraft breakdowns once in a blue moon. 200 views is completely reasonable.

18. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:

My argument is more so focused on the streaming, as thats something I used to do so I have a basis for understanding it. But thanks for the heads up and insight into YT side of things

19. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So do I, in fact, I get way more than that, but I know smaller YouTubers with better, more enjoyable content who somehow end up with less than me.
    In fact, this is ButterDragonFly, frankly, his personality is great, and his content is surprising polished:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ButterDragonFly/videos

That being said, only 7 of his odd 44 episodes let's play has more than 200 views.
    Compare that to my channel, I upload content very rarely, and honestly, the quality of the videos is shit, I don't even talk in them, and yet all of my Wynncraft videos have over 200 views (with 2 expectations)
    It could be because I'm somewhat well known in the Wynn Community, but frankly, the point still stands: A better YouTuber with more subs is struggling to meet the same amount of viewers.
    Not sure why, it doesn't really matter.

He also notably lacks the subs he should have, and I'm still not entirely sure why.
    (Go watch his videos. thanks.)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  20. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually do, and it's pretty clear why they're not getting the views. They just don't "exist" within the wynn community in a way that makes people want to watch their videos. They don't interact on the forums, they don't have any messages on the discord, and the only promotion they're getting is through regular features on the highlights board.

There's a great amount of effort put into the videos themselves but none in the social aspect- no outreach, no promo, not making it easy for themselves to become bigger. That's a significant part of being a content creator. Putting yourself out there is often more important than your content being 1% more perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.