1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Music Light Forest Theme Remix

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Geede, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:02 AM.

1. Geede

Geede Wynncraft Newbie

Minecraft:
    I remixed "The Forest Lives On", which is the Light Forest theme. Feedback would be appreciated!

A Human, Jeanekokun and Señor TopHat like this.
  2. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is pretty cool!

Although, as always, here is my feedback:
    When remixing something, you can use whatever instruments you want. But you always have to think about whether or not those instruments work together or not.
    When I first heard this, I heard that bell type thingy, and then the guitar, and thought it would be a mellow, plucked strings kind of remix. Then I get those violins and odd drum set, which makes me think that these instruments don’t go together very well. Most the drums though - I’m not sure where you got those samples, but they just don’t fit with the rest of the instruments. Especially your choice to use the side stick on the snare - it is much too aggressive, too loud, and drowns out the rest of the music.
    If I were to remix this, I would probably use a strings-only ensemble, maybe with little, quiet percussion. I feel like string instruments have that special feeling when they play softly, that fits this song quite well. I would avoid using percussion as the outline to the remix, because it just doesn’t fit. Instead I would have some double bass plate pizzicato, and set the rhythm.

Señor TopHat and Geede like this.
  3. Geede

Geede Wynncraft Newbie

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the feedback! I will try to improve my instrument choices in the future. I intentionally added snares and drumset because the Light Forest Noteblock theme also had really loud percussion, but I guess that was a bit too much. Thanks again!

4. btdmaster

btdmaster Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually I quite like this, very upbeat and light. Definitely more memorable than the actual song

Geede and Señor TopHat like this.
  5. Señor TopHat

Señor TopHat God of Top Hats

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really nice! i liked the tone and upbeat
    Although in my opinion the drums feel a little out of place and unfitting with the other instruments but still good job

Geede likes this.
  6. Jeanekokun

Jeanekokun Craving Fruma lore, memes & theories. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This sounds really beautiful! It has a nice comforting and warm feel to it because of the instruments you chose, very fitting. :D
    Well done, keep it up!