1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lag-free The Europians! (well, At Least A Bit)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Lousyre, Jun 8, 2019.

Tags:
?

Did you ever experience huge amounts of lag in the past months?

1. Yes, I did.

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. No, I didn't.

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lousyre

Lousyre Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    First off, let's get some things out of the way:
    -This thread should've been put into the bug report section of the forums, but I think that the issue I will be talking about is much bigger than a simple bug
    -I posted this thread here, on the main section of the forums. This way a lot more people will see it, and I hope this will put pressure on addressing the issue

So what's the issue exactly?
    -Players living in the Europian or some Asian regions can experience huge amounts of lag when a lot of players come online
    -This means from my expereince that I have high ping in crowded lobbies, and on stressed worlds, like when thre's a CIB party
    -This lag can sometimes make the game (and this is going to be hard to say) almost unplayable
    -This issue started 1 or 2 months ago, and from what I've seen from other people (and from personal expereince), it only happens on Wynncraft

Not solving the issue might cause that players leave the server, dropping the playerbase. And I don't have to say why that's an issue. The lag could also drive off newcomers.

So what's my suggestion for this issue?
    I would want to see the Dev team start working on this as soon as possible, so the aforementioned consequences don't occur.

Please vote in the poll, and also write a comment if you experienced this issue in the past couple months. This way we can show the devs how big of a problem this is.

If someone can throw me with the possible technical details of why this is happening, please do let me know.

And as a bonus, here's why the lag could be helpful sometimes: it let's you make this
    Before and after meth.png

i hope this doesn't turn out as a huge fail

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    2Dg, MegaCoquin, FrozenBear and 3 others like this.
  2. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The servers which wynncraft run off are sadly not located in Europe because of this your information has to travel a long way to reach to server making you have high latency (ping). Sadly this cannot be changed even with a vpn. It is also highly unlikely wynncraft will move it’s server locations. Until further notice there isn’t really much you can do.

Big Sad!

3. Oculism

Oculism Mod Kidnapper | Lore God HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m not sure if there are any other admins in Europe aside from Grian anyways. All I know is that Salted is hosting the server from Canada in his basement and he enjoys a 10ms connection speed compared to the rest of us nerds

And that’s also where he keeps the rest of those damn mods he’s been hiding from me.

MegaCoquin, RazorGuild and StormKing3 like this.
  4. Lousyre

Minecraft:
    But as I said in the post, this issue started 1 or 2 months ago. Before the update I could do CSST partys just fine, but in contrast to that, I can't do CIB partys now. And as you said, Wynncraft didn't, and won't move their server. This implies that something happened after the update, which doesn't have anything to do with the server's place.

5. Aarontti

Aarontti e HERO

Minecraft:
    There's also General Suggestions and Feedback Section which you can use for this exact purpose, if you want to propose changes or open them up for debate. Posting this in main section makes the thread feel kind of obnoxious, if there aren't hard facts behind it.

I live in Europe, and have an internet connection worse than most other players, yet have no trouble playing Wynn in particular. Being an issue with long distance from the physical servers, you'd expect everyone from the same region to be affected too.

If it was an issue with the servers being located far away, it would've been an issue for 5+ years already. Not 1-2 months. If you have some statistics that show the difference, that'd be cool.

A VPN can't magically improve something beyond its limits. If anything, it'll only increase ping due to having to travel a longer distance, and be prosessed more during it. However, it can resolve issues dependant on your isp, in which case, it's not really an issue with the connection itself.

All in all, I'd rather have a slightly higher ping, than divide an already small playerbase into two. The only continent I see the distance as a real issue for is Australia, and partly Asia.

MegaCoquin and brokenmotor like this.
  6. Lousyre

Minecraft:
    Well, I thought the problem was bigger than it really is. That's why I posted it here. If it's a problem, then feel free to move this.

Do you have any issues with CIB partys?

This is what I was saying. The problem isn't with the distance. I don't have statistics sadly.

Okay then, I'll remove that part.

7. Aarontti

Aarontti e HERO

Minecraft:
    Never been to one, but assuming it's a party with lots of people and bombs, it'll undeniably be taxing for the world it's happening in. With Wynn having to spend resources on even more things as of 1.18, it'd explain why the issues only started happening a few months ago. However, outside of the extremities such as dungeon parties, this still shouldn't be an issue.

It seems like the thread focuses on Europe having issues, which could only be a result of longer distance to the physical servers. If that's not the cause, the issue isn't exclusive to Europe, but to worlds which are under heavy stress.

8. Jirayut

Jirayut Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I live in asia(not telling what exact country), usually i experience lag when there's heavy traffic or my internet is being used by a lot of people but usually it's the first one, don't mind me just sharing experience

9. Lousyre

Minecraft:
    It looks like I wasn't specific enough in the thread. So, I have high ping in the lobbys, when there are a lot of people in there, and I also have high ping on heavily stressed worlds, as you called them, like when there's a CIB party.So what if the problem is a combination of stress being on worlds and physical distance? That would explain a lot of things. I also edited the thread to say this.

10. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Sacramentalia Supporter & Manna Maniac

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I live in Europe, and the only thing I noticed changing in terms of server lag recently were horses not just being weird on slopes (that actually seems to have gotten fixed), but horses showing you're further along than you really are. For example, I get it a lot in a certain corner where, on my screen, I ride my horse past it and go open the loot chest, but I can't open it for some reason; and when I dismount, I'm a few blocks back.
    CIB parties are just fine, aside from the normal fps lag from all the particles and pets. (saying this from a level 104 and 100 mil guild xp)
    Same goes for otherwise stressed worlds, I was in an Item Bomb party world recently while the event was still going on and quite some people were trying to join, but there was no big server lag.
    I might be just out of problem range, I live in the Netherlands if that clears anything up.

11. Lousyre

Minecraft:
    Hm. More confusing details... There might be a problem range somewhere around Middle-Europe, expect the Northern countries, and at some places in Asia as well.

12. Topper29

Topper29 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    For me it was literally unplayable this past week until today.
    After joining a world, I usually got disconnected or if I was lucky and could actually join a world, I would have to wait 5 minutes for the class to load and when it did, I was stuck in the air and couldn't move around at all.
    All other Minecraft servers worked just fine as always..
    But that was just the worst part, I've had lag issues for a while now, which is also the reason why I keep dying a lot in wars.

13. Take

Take Rice Smuggler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AMERICA!!!
    FUCK YEAH
    (ee.. lemme just uhhuhh flex my aMerIcan ping on you) :p

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  14. Benjin

Benjin Well-Known Adventurer

I'm all the way in Africa, and so far lag for me is only because of my internet and not my region.

15. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter VIP

Minecraft:
    This looks more like a connection issue than a ping issue to me (the screenshot). I experience this in North America when I have a slow connection.

16. AndhyIrfanID_

AndhyIrfanID_ Wake me up when dern's come out™ HERO

Minecraft:
    tbh i play on wynn with 290-310ms ping and that's pretty normal to me

17. Druser

Minecraft:
    heh I play with 2k (which is terrifying sometimes)

18. Minigamer42

Minigamer42 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This has nothing to do with ping issues. It's about timeouting every single time I try to connect and I know for a fact that other people have the same issue right now.
    I had about 150ms a week ago which is absolutely playable, but now im struggeling for everything.

19. Druser

Minecraft:
    What are your download/upload speeds?

20. Minigamer42

Minigamer42 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.