1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious It's Been A While

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Zenzeki, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Zenzeki

Zenzeki Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So as you might know if you saw my first post, I applied for GM last month (denied xdlol). I'd like to try again but one of the reasons for my denial was because I wasn't original, how do I check if my idea has been done before? Even if I play the entire game start to finish theres so many quests and items that there's no way I'll remember them all. Is there a way to check if my idea/item already exists? Another reason was that my messages were too short, or displeasing to the eyes (unorganized if you will). How might I get better at creative writing?

2. CavemanJimbo

CavemanJimbo What a lonely profile

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There is no way to check if an idea has already been used, just keep trying something different. Well, to get better at creative writing, you have to become more creative as you may have guessed. The cliche term "think outside the box" is actually true.

3. Zenzeki

Minecraft:
    Okay time to make people look at a thinking bubble after making them teleport outside of a box

4. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From what I read on your previous post here, your application quest was about a traveler who lost his boot and the player needed to find it. The issue with this is not that it’s similar to an existing quest - it’s that the quest concept is very simple and not too fun of an experience for a player. When people think of quests in MMOs, this type of ‘fetch’ quest is often the first thing that comes to mind, due to how often they’re used in the genre.

For your GM Application, I recommend to take inspiration from some of the newer quests in the game, such as Deja Vu, Dwarves & Doguns, the Envoy, and Fate of the Fallen. Focus on making interesting gameplay for the players to experience, so add gimmicks, interesting challenges, etc. to improve your quest. Your application quest should demonstrate your ability to create interesting and well-designed gameplay for players to experience, so focus on that.

MegaCoquin and Zenzeki like this.
  5. Zenzeki

Minecraft:
    Thanks for all the advice @A Human if I get accepted you're definitely #1 go-to person to ask for help on builds. :thumbsup: Also for the record, I did read your comment and have been thinking of ideas, but none of them fit the "Be over-the-top" suggestion the reviewer gave me.

MegaCoquin likes this.