1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    They were re-examined during the time we were going over other LI accessories, specifically rings, and they were deemed to be too strong. It was less to deal with specifically 1.18 but was just a convenient time to rebalance them.

Druser likes this.
  2. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Thread Updated
    [​IMG]

3. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is Morph Set even that powerful anymore? Sure it's a decent endgame option, but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be when the sp reqs were low and Stardust was absurdly broken.

4. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    consider its tier, u can (well, could) use it with most weapon and still hv enough sp for 129 intel 150 agility and still hv around 60 for all other skills, its also frequently used as an actual endgame build that people settle for most situations. so yeh, sp is a powerful and scary thing for more than people like to give credit to it for.

Druser and NicBOMB like this.
  5. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I miss fatality pic

6. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    sorry gotta keep up to date with the most recent memes that i can fit for the situation

CoolVictor2002 and YYGAYMER like this.
  7. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was using morph before the set bonus even worked you gotta try harder to make me stop using it sorry.

T-Flex and Druser like this.
  8. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh
    We have this

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  9. Altakar

Altakar former 1000+ day counter moth Item Team

Minecraft:
    At what point are we going to see changes to ingredients on this thread? I'd assume a few months after the update most of the problematic ingredients have been adjusted to some sort of ingredient baseline, so now any ingredient changes are worth documenting to warn players in advance of a nerf or open up experimentation to ingredients with s buff.

10. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Yeh we literally did another system change this weekend. There are some changes that I considered to put on the thread but I was thinking maybe wait for that change first... The downside of putting up only a few changes is that it's definitely not going to be the only changes coming in the same patch, so it might end up being more confusing as people might just "expect" the changes that being posted instead of the larger scale ones that we're doing behind the scene for overall balance issues. The "confirmed" changes might also get changed due to later systematic decisions...

So yeh, I too hope we can get this done soon. I wanna enjoy my upcoming easter vacation without needing to worry about the system issues.

11. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Holy shit that's what I said and it actually got fixed. Maybe morph will be balanced soon.

12. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hm... mainly I don't like the push towards using sets in full rather than partial sets. It's why I find Clock Set to be one of the most interesting, whereas most of the other sets are kind of useless unless you use the entire set (which typically isn't even that good, despite how difficult it is to get a full set most of the time). The only sets that seem to have significant use in parts are Morph, Clock, Snail, and Jester.

13. RicRicc

RicRicc Mythics: 0 Chests: 10K+ CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I have question on how the sp will be reduced on the morph set. Will each piece be rerolled to fit the range or will the the current values be capped at the max value if they currently are above the new limits.

14. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Basically when items are rolled, they take a base value and pick a random multiple and multiply them. If the id is posisitive the range of multiples is .3 to 1.3, and if they are negative it's -.7 to -1.3. When we change items we change the base value, meaning the multiple stays the same, so for example morph stardust, if you had one that was perfect now it's not certain to be perfect after the change because a max sp roll on current stardust is a 1-25+, but on the new base value you would need a 1.3

RicRicc likes this.
  15. RicRicc

RicRicc Mythics: 0 Chests: 10K+ CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

16. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Interesting. I was only recently referred to this thread, so I regret not being able to comment sooner. This change you are making to the Morph set... I can not say it will not adversely affect some ov my creations. I never once used the entire Morph set for any ov my classes, but I did like to experiment with hybrids. In my opinion, there are some "creative" things one can create with just portions ov the current Morph set, yet I do understand why you argue the opposite. I can not help but feel a twinge ov empathy for those who use the entire Morph set, yet at the same time I feel this is deserved. Something did have to happen, as this set is relatively easy to obtain, especially in comparison to difficult builds ov equal or lesser power.

SilverMirror likes this.
  17. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Glad you find your way here, this is where the latest updates on all things items and ingredients related will happen, if you're interested in those be sure to keep an eye out or even click the watch thread button to get the latest updates.

Thanks for your feedback about the partial set thing, as some of the others also pointed out as well, I do have to agree there are people that enjoy using parts of a set instead of the entirety of it. This will be taken into account more for other sets if we the need for re-examining those shall arise, we don't wanna eliminate that option either. But in terms of Morph's case, due to how the set functions, it is hard to give partial power to using part of the set as that is easily gonna be overused, so the decision has to be made that, in terms of Morph's case, more of its power has to be put in using the whole set all together compare to other sets.

Nickel and Druser like this.
  18. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    blow w likes this.
  19. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    (not related to the most recent changes)
    I don't know the base values for scribing/alchemism so correct me if im totally wrong here, but i do know cooking is around 4000secs at lvl 100 mats
    imo consumables shouldn't share ingredients, or at least not a ton of them because the duration difference, especially witht he recent 3x buff, is just way too large. even with 5 -200sec ingredients, that barely reduces the total cooking duration by 1/4 of the whole duration (around lv.100), but if you were to do that with scribing/alchemism, it would make a consumable with probably 1 sec duration. I feel that on some ingredients that are shared (namely % effectivness ones) the duration penalty is basically neglible for cooking, but for alchemism or potions it hurts quite a bit. Just a thought...
    Ex: you use 6 gilded barks(cooking/alchemism ingred); you get:
    12 mana regen
    36-60% health regen
    150-270 raw regen
    -960 duration
    (also this is kinda op af but whatever)
    So on cooking: with lvl 100 stuff, you get about a 3040 sec duration (which is still hella long)
    but on alchemism this would probably be a very low duration potion, as nearly -1000 is quite a bit to anything but cooking.
    Also anyone know the base durations for alchemism/scribing with level 100 mats? would like to know

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Druser likes this.
  20. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Ayyyyyyy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.