1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Wiihacker0

Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yup, I meant that alka's damage is now less than aftershocks (before powders too lol).

TheGiantSpider likes this.
  2. chyp5

chyp5 untrained unprofessional idiot VIP+

Minecraft:
    This most likely happened due to the scaling of base nerfs by level, lower level items have less of a nerf. On top of that shaman base is cracked (but its melee is not) and aftershock had a super high base for its level already, so I can see how something like this can happen. This just seemed to blow out of proportion due to how aftershock is treated and used like an endgame weapon.

3. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    fortunately nerfs are not done. aftershock will not stay like this.

4. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    wtf
    thats literally 7k meteors
    how much rawspell do you expect us to have

5. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities Modeler ✎ Artist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dex and str will affect raw spell and also the %-based damage of the nothing so it'll remain similar to current in terms of damage output provided a little extra dex or str is invested

6. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh no, this again? I hope, at the very least, that you started being involved in Wynncraft seriously after Aftershock was created. If you were there at the time, you have no excuse for this 1.5 years old bad take.

Kokomers likes this.
  7. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    What do you mean?

8. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry for my annoyance, it's just something that bothers me since it was a point of discussion back then. Shaman weapons are naturally going to have higher numbers because the Shaman baseline is 120% vs. Warrior's 80% baseline. When scaled accordingly, Aftershock has 77% of the class-relative base damage of Alkatraz.

Bart (MC), Wiihacker0 and Kokomers like this.
  9. Maracs

Maracs Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you slap aftershock onto an alktraz build you will get more/similar dps, more ehp, built-in recovery with totem and access to powder specials on weapon

10. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    fyi
    upload_2021-6-22_7-33-34.png

upload_2021-6-22_7-34-30.png

Aftershock is actually quite a bit less powerful in terms of "how much it is above baseline" (the purple curve) compared to alkatraz. (you can very roughly also measure this based on the design modifier, though that doesn't account for powders/powder special very well at all)

site: https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/dps_vis.html

11. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    Oh yeah I know what you mean. My issue is that aftershock (a lower level mythic) out performs alkatraz in nearly every way (100k super fast melee builds, the ability for heavy melee quakes, access to a self heal). It gives free defense and hp, so it somewhat closes the gap between warrior and shaman (while alka takes away 15 agility and def), while still doing more damage. You could spelltraz, but most know that's pretty bad. Tcrack, hero, and idol all outperform what's supposed to be a damage mythic in DAMAGE. In my mind, alka should do a considerable higher amount of damage than aftershock due to it's level and negative ids. Making a 77 mythic do more damage and give multiple positive ids seems outright BETTER. It's no wonder an avg aftershock goes for 3x an alka on tm.

12. chyp5

chyp5 untrained unprofessional idiot VIP+

Minecraft:
    You make a more reasonable point here, comparing spears with, well, other spears. Weapons across classes will always be incomparable, shaman overall has the lowest dps out of every class (spell and effective melee because split beam bad) as well as the lowest defense rating. Meanwhile warrior has the highest defense rating out of all the classes. However, the new baselines have not been compared in terms of damage capability just yet. Alkatraz, being a strength based weapon, gets an ENOURMOUS buff from the multiplicative sp change. Alkatraz is the best melee spear and it will stay that way. One more thing, current trade market prices are not reflective of these recent changes, which I don’t think have been pushed yet.

13. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My point is that comparing Alkatraz to Aftershock is about as useful as comparing Stratiformis to Weathered and concluding that because Strati has 17% more damage that means Strati is OP compared to Weathered.

strikeflame5356, Melkor and fishcute like this.
  14. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    Yep, totally understand how pointless that comparison is. The issue I'm brining up is the massive level difference. There's literally a 17 level gap between the 2 weapons, and yet they're practically equal in performance, with aftershock being debatably a bit better.

15. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shaman is meant to have higher damage and pays for that by taking substantially more damage. Warrior has a ton of defense but pays for that by having lower damage. Alkatraz has a lot of damage, but slightly reduces defensive capabilities. Aftershock has damage of a similar scale that is more in-line with the base damage of its class and a slight defense bonus (remembering that melee shaman does substantially less damage unless you get close).

16. Maracs

Maracs Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    And still aftershock is a lot stronger than alkatraz because aftershock has enough defense boosts to give it similar ehp to alkatraz builds while also having access to courage which makes the damage substantially higher than alkatraz damage. Biggest difference for me is that aftershock isnt really usable for warring because of invincibility frames on the tower only letting one beam hit

17. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while your point is correct, aftershock does also need to be hit harder than it has been (i.e. it benefited from the scaling % nerfs by level). while the post you quote may be from an inaccurate argument, aftershock is still currently an overtuned item that will need a second glance.

18. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would gale's force be nerfed when 1.20.3 comes out?

19. NamesAreHard

NamesAreHard Mage Enthusiast (She/He/They) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I doubt it will get any nerfs besides the standardized damage ratio reduction

20. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if i still run full morph + gale's force (with t6 air powders on everything) when 1.20.3 drops, and set my skill points up so that i still have 105 int, would my overall damage output be affected?