1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More (updated 28/03/2020)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Major_Lue, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Demon Queen

The Demon Queen Queen of Darkness, Queen of Evil CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    was it really necessary to remove ALL of the mana regen from anima? i get that it was op but this has pretty much killed off the item for me, and a bunch of other people, i personalyl have to completely remake 2 of my builds because of this one change.
    personally i feel like instead of removing it altogether it would be a lot more balanced if the mana regen was say 2/4 instead of 4/4

Melkor, Miles_, btdmaster and 4 others like this.
  2. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    9/4 mana regen on resurgence is ridiculously overpowered for such low int req

Miles_ likes this.
  3. ccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccc horse failure

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Anima:
    There already aren't a lot of mana options that aren't locked behind high int reqs. I especially don't see many thunder mana options, as most thunder focused items get mana steal instead. Anima doesn't have a lot of damage either; all it has going for it is the -spell costs and bulk. That's not to say the -spell costs aren't good; they're great. But thunder builds with anima are pretty much locked into mana steal unless they just throw everything into int and go third eye + riverflow/memento + mpc etc (don't say 2 3/4 suppressions lol). It seems to me that the high int reqs for such builds sort of defeat the purpose of using -spell costs instead of max int, and these builds have almost no room for damage boosters. It's especially troublesome for weapons with high dex reqs like cata.

I absolutely agree that anima was overpowered before, but I think leaving it with 1mr or 2mr makes more sense and helps support the thunder pure spell archetype.

meanwhile resurgence over here with enough mr for the whole build on its own

Miles_ and Epicness937 like this.
  4. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Big arm is basically just hulking out but for one hand

5. SnapDoomy

SnapDoomy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the iteam changes look really good (leaning towards EW, tierstack, aquamarine buff :D also confla can now use heat sink )

but some things should be noted, anima got hit a little hard there ,it was very overpowered but as some other people said a better solution would be to nerf the mr
    libra and rainbow sanc changes are really bad now, it leans towards using libra instead of rainbow sanc (for example for fantasia you'd most likely want to use stillwaterblue or even soulflare for sustain instead of damage but now you have to use both and don't really have a variety anymore.. not that rainbow has much variety anywayw but that's another problem)

im surprised orange lily hasnt got a slight damage nerf but basically using shield only once in a while is good enough

necklace of a thousand storms buff is nice but i dont think anyone will use steam necklace now (not that it was really used anyway)

anya buff is good, it might actually see some use now, altho stuff like dragon's eye, dhydro and prowess will still be superior but anya is very build dependant

Miles_ and Epicness937 like this.
  6. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mythic changes look really neat! Finally Crabs got it's reqs lowered.

7. xSuper_Jx

xSuper_Jx IM | 119 Mythics Found Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Regarding this change, the req changes don’t matter too much for rainbow, and especially not for Fantasia (reqs are 50). Both the 30 and 35 benchmarks are easy to hit for rainbow builds, and only makes a small difference if the weapon has reqs under 40. This change was made for the balancing of other builds:

Shaman and mage builds (that are not rainbow) were able to abuse the water damage on rainbow sanc. It was too easy to hit the 30 rainbow req benchmark and allowed for shaman and mage builds to not only get damage for their element but also slap the water damage for very high healing. Changing the rainbow sanc req to 35 helps to limit this. The libra req to 30 was made to compensate the req increase for rainbow sanc and rainbow builds, and keep the skill train between the two for rainbow alive.

Fwap a Durp likes this.
  8. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and here I thought the requirements are still low enough that it still makes rainbow slap for non-rainbow builds very effective... IMO 40 all or 45 all is better at limiting rainbow sanc into pure rainbow build only. at 40, it switches the train from libra/rainbow sanc to rainbow sanc/stellar. Even with this change I still feel like rainbow slapping is too easy, though I haven't tried using non-water/rainbow weapons from shaman and mage to see if rainbow slapping is possible...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Epicness937 likes this.
  9. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In all fairness I think the only real issue with this rainbow slapping is how easy it is to throw on +water damage to save heals. All around though rainbow slapping makes using hive armors nearly impossible and also with how difficult it is to acquire mana on rainbow builds seems balanced. Rainbow doesn't have all that many items to work with right now so I'd argue that its fine until we get more rainbow items added in game
    Rainbow mythic boots when?

xSuper_Jx likes this.
  10. xSuper_Jx

xSuper_Jx IM | 119 Mythics Found Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah and I agree with @Epicness937 last post since rainbow items tend to not give many other benefits more useful than elemental items as of right now - so overall more of a rainbow sanc problem. The rainbow sanc req can increase more if it is still a problem, but not sure it will be - guess will see.
    I’m guessing as of now it’s still very possible, but the skill point increase should at least make those builds worse and hopefully not worth using.

Fwap a Durp and Epicness937 like this.
  11. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Personally I think with the function of the item the req at 35 is perfectly fine as going much higher leads to it not really being as good of a tradeoff for the damages it offers (like if it was 45 id probably use dark channeler instead which is what I used in my last rainbow build)
    I will ask have you at all considered decreasing the damages a bit and leaving reqs? For example instead of 35 leave it at 30 and lower damages to 70 all around or something?

12. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    We're trying to avoid that, if possible, due to it being a sanctuary. It doesn't seem necessary right now, but maybe later it could be a consideration if changes are still required.

xSuper_Jx and Epicness937 like this.
  13. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/e4cxt5 (https://wynndata.tk/s/dyqtrl with 40 extra dex)
    https://wynndata.tk/s/e39bac (https://wynndata.tk/s/3qdvur with dex)

Of course this comparison is not perfect due to these weapons being very different (note the -dex and mana regen) and the sample build being a trash paper nuke build but spring does not feel as strong as it should be...especially when taking into consideration how strong other water mythics are and its -40 dexterity id. I get that it's 20 intel sp and -1 3rd spell and 4/4mr are all very nice but I personally don't really think the damage is high enough to really make this a mythic worth investing in.

14. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i bet part of your problem is building twa when spring has -40 dex, and comparing it to a weapon that does not have that downside
    ewf spring
    i dunno about you guys but this feels pretty mythic to me

SmileyAlec and Epicness937 like this.
  15. The Demon Queen

The Demon Queen Queen of Darkness, Queen of Evil CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i completely agree, spring used to be my favorite mythic bow pre nerf, and ever since then the bow hasnt felt like it was worth using especially with the addition of crafteds, this is the case with most of the water mythics.
    i think either a buff to the item, or a major id that freezes enemies in place would be pretty cool for spring

Epicness937 likes this.
  16. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ice snek bomb is kinda openis

Epicness937 likes this.
  17. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean it's better than most legendaries I suppose but compared to gma, divzer and freedom the damage feels low. I suppose it does have that nice 4/4 mana regen but the others have just as good supporting ids like +70 agility, sustainability on just the weapon, and medium high hp bonus. Then ignis has a decent major id (that is only good with boreal imo) and really good tanking abilities. And strati even post nerf is still very strong. Then the -1 4th spell and -40 dex while not huge problems in my opinion they still hurt the weapon's power a little bit.

That major id sounds amazing just sayin

starx280 likes this.
  18. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    Give lunar madness

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Epicness937 likes this.
  19. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I honestly think that sorcery or Entropy would be better for it; the point of it is to basically spam as many spells as possible in the four or less seconds you get, so having a chance of spawning two meteors or cast meteors twice as fast would be super beneficial. Plus, sorcery can proc on melee hits, which would be INSANELY good for proccing mana steal

20. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, the inability to have anything approaching consistency on Lunar Spine is the big killer, Sorcery might make it decent.

starx280 and Epicness937 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.