Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More (updated 28/03/2020)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Major_Lue, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Give us Fabled armor with Entropy so I can stack Lunar Spine with it

starx280 likes this.
  2. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    YES.

NITEHAWKX and Epicness937 like this.
  3. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My morph baby is back. <3

Epicness937 and starx280 like this.
  4. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    OK... This new Buff to Taurus and creation of high level Knockoffs of it is officially OP in my perspective.
    I have Managed to land a near 100k Quake with just Taurus, Vanish, and a lvl 72 Legendary(Wall Breaker).
    [​IMG]
    My Damage Stats are as follows:
    Neutral Weapon Damage: 17-27
    Earth Weapon Damage: 360-1501

Strength Damage: +70.1%
    Strength Earth Damage: +70.1%

Main Attack Damage: +124%
    Earth Damage: +18%
    Main Attack Neutral Damage: +7312

Vanish Damage:
    x1.8
    Quake Damage:
    x4.15

Total Neutral Damage: 55103(avr)
    ({17-27} x 294.1% + 7312) x 1.8 x 4.15 = {373-593} +54621

Total Earth Damage: 26,566(avr)
    ({360-1501} x 3.822%) x 1.8 x 4.15 = {10278-42854}
    If I had the other 2 knockoffs with their 5000(Hive) and 6000(Mythic) raw melee damage,
    the damage of the weapon would be so insignificant that I would use a spell damage or defensive weapon.
    I really think they need to loose about 2k of that raw melee damage each to be balanced,
    because with some stat and damage multipliers it really can get out of hand the damage you can do.

Asthae and Gigavern like this.
  5. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Yep, we're aware. The heavy melee changes were made off theoretical numbers and eyeballing values. We're glad that heavy melee is much closer to being in a fine spot than before, but (as usual) extra tuning is necessary.

KiliE2001, Stag2001 and Cosomos like this.
  6. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I need to know this build for research purposes

7. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Ok it is Pisces, Taurus, Abyss-Imbued Leggings, Capricorn, Stratus x2, Follow The Wind, Gigabyte, Wall Breaker...
    And only 2 T6 Earth Powders on Wall Breaker everything else is clean...

8. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, Vanish is mediocre in almost every other combat situation but makes Assassin Heavy Melee extremely broken.

9. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
  10. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Yowza, some pretty heavy nerfs. Lots of random minor changes, very welcome, and some good buffs (trench scourer relevant? I need to swap out my shameful greaves immediately... And no I don't wanna buy a jera plus I need HEALTH to survive in SE)

11. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    heavy melee :)

starx280 and by2011 like this.
  12. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    That is better, I still think that Obsidian could have lost another 500.
    Dawn Breaker may still be a bit too strong, but again it is a mythic so it is hard to judge.
    Heavy Melee as a Whole may be still a bit too strong, but it is a bit more reasonable now.
    I would have liked Taurus to get more % Melee Attack, but It is still good as it is.
    I am a bit weary of Writhing Growth, though it better have some more negatives than -attack speed

starx280, CrunchyCol and Stag2001 like this.
  13. CrunchyCol

CrunchyCol CrunchyCOOL CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I definitely agree that heavy melee is still a little too strong as is. Even with the nerfs it's still incredibly easy to hit 50k+ neutral damage in quakes, not accounting for earth damage or max raw melee rolls or vanish damage boost.

14. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    SILT OF THE SEAFLOOR MANA YEET *CRAB RAVE*

It might just be me but does anyone else feel the -mana regen on time rift is a bit to much. I personally would rather have seen a nerf to the spell as the -mana just makes the item itself overall more annoying to use where as a nerf to spell would just make the item not as strong. (other changes are great tho cause it was to strong)

NITEHAWKX and Druser like this.
  15. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't just look at numbers, consider dps. Look at tierstack ETA - it's generally getting 20-30k dps with nonmythics. ETF has similar defensiveness, and trades off walkspeed and potions access for more lifesteal. So if you have 10k nominal melee damage, you're effectively getting a bit over 20k dps.

16. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Goddamnit my entire build just got fucked by the pride of the Aerie change. Seriously, stop randomly slapping attack speed on earth-air items or at least give us some more E-W-A options because right now we have basically nothing and what we do have is being turned into attack speed boosts for no goddamn reason

Jirayut and Kraby like this.
  17. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...what did you use Pride of the Aerie for?

18. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Skill point booster and walk speed boost that let me use Dondasch and Nona for walk speed and further strength boosts while still letting me get to 68 int and 120 agi easily

Madkurre likes this.
  19. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here's some comments of mine I suppose as ive taken a 3rd look at them.

Anima is very sexy OwO. Honestly building a hive item around the new -spell costs is really cool. Originally I didn't really like the idea of removing the spell % but looking at it and really processing how this could be abused I understand why its so good.
    jumping to time rift I still feel this item was nerfed a little to hard. The major id itself is really strong but I feel like the way the spell just come out a second time isnt really super useful for -3 mana. the spell damages the chestplate possesses is crazy but can be obtained with crafted items without -mana regen or through raw spell. The removal of intel and further increase in -ms makes sense but the -2 to -4 mana regen just feels kinda pointless as I would much rather just have more mana and spam the spells the second time myself than have -mana and let an id do it for me. just feels like it takes the point of the id away in my opinion.

Ex Nihilo is very epic and ya just buffed my alka bomb spam build big time. For real tho having a spell/raw melee hybrid boots seems really nice

I have to question what exactly Sparkweaver is intended to be used for. The item kind of feels like a mix of everything without a real "wow" factor. Lots of skill points and defense as well as mana it all seems really strong it just feels like the times its going to be used is scarce. Most people who make thunder builds that are tanky use insulated platemail and so I suppose this could be stacked on that. Idk tho seems like a really strong item just kinda weird...look forward to trying to abuse it i guess

yeet yeet more whitecap buffs

Darksteel looks nice as a somewhat low req heavy melee helm with +ws.

So pride of aerie also seems really good now cool.

Sparkling Visor for its level probably will never be an endgame viable build option however the changes here I think are really awesome as when the player gets the item in the lower to mid 80s range a large amount of mobs in the canyon of the lost and out molten heights deal earth damage so this will really be a great help to these players.

DAAAAMMMMNNNN SOULFLARE OH MAI GAWD okay im done now...but geez this thing looks really fun to mess around with.

CoI seems to be less easy to slap onto everything but overall a bit better and I like that

Stillwater has always been one of my favorite items, even when it was just 3/4 I generally used it over aquarius due to the water def and intel. With aquarius no longer posessing a spell id Stillwater is now a good option for mana and a damage boost. That being said I still feel like it's a little weak to really go that extra mile of not being broken but just being great. Personally I'd add a -1 or -2 cost to spell 2 (movement spell) to it to really make it feel special and unique as then it does what aquarius and anima cannot.

Beetle Aegis seems hot and that mana steal I hope will help fill some of those earth/thunder spell mana supply holes.

Darkiron seems like another heavy melee remake but ya know what given how little ive seen it be used (never) seems like a good idea.

Gale's freedom to me seems weird. I feel like its a low req conduct of spirit with extra skillpoints. Prior to this it was only used for air tanks (haha funny joke) so its atleast an option now. The overall feel of the item just seems weird, I understand its hard to balance skillpoint and damage bonuses well but this just feels weird as this umbrella of points is usually easy to get. Either way odd but still an improvement

Insulated Platemail deserved better :(

coal duster okay then...

Trench Scourer seem like very good pants for leveling to 100 and for that I like them. In general these are only ever used in builds that should be used dark channeler but don't because of the fear of being glassy and that will remain the same.

The earth breaker changes seem nice because earth sanc is just the better option for earth damage right now. I wanna stack these with mantlewalkers :D

OH LOOK TURBINE GREAVES ARE USEFUL NOW!!!

Mantle are better and now fire melee will rise again

Honestly I kind of hate the shaggy boot changes as I usually opted for them in thunder builds. Bias aside the changes into a heavy melee item seem good and consistant with the overall theme of heavy melee.

Similar to shaggy boots for humbarks as I really liked the old ones but the remake seems to make sense and will hopefully make the item more useful overall.

Thunderous step seems to have replaced shaggy boots for thunder spell...okay then.

All the accessories changed seem to be buffed overall and I think aside from lightning flash which still could use a buff, they all are seemingly really good and worth getting/using.

Overall tldr. timerift nerfed to hard. ex nihilo hot. buff stillwater once more. sparkweaver??? overall good changes.

one other random suggestion is that given shamen doesn't have an endgame air legendary, warrior lacks a (good) thunder one, mage lacks a good purely fire one, archer lacks a good water one, and assassin a good earth (spell) how does the idea of a weapon or two in some of the elemental shops sound to anyone?

Druser likes this.
  20. Money_6

Money_6 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just want to put out the concept of adding a ID that I would call “Melee Range” because both warriors and assasins kinda suck compared to mage shaman and archer now for melee. I would suggest implimenting it like you did jump boost. Make it a very rare ID on a low level item. This is all just a suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.