Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

[item] Backpacks!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Mettymagic, Nov 24, 2015.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. It's great!

2. It's meh...

3. It's bad!

4. It needs improvement. (Please comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    Ever ran out of inventory space? Here's a solution! Starting at Lv 65 and above, with this suggestion, backpacks will be available!

What is a backpack?
    A backpack would be a chest that would add extra inventory space, similar to other MMOs.. These would be obtainable from shops or quest rewards.

How would it work?
    When you right-click the backpack in your inventory, and a chest GUI would pop up with a select amount of slots or rows. Some backpacks would only allow certain items. You only have 1 backpack, which will be elaborated on later.

How would you get it?
    You would first obtain a backpack as a Lv 55 quest item. (Don't know what the quest would be, maybe fetch 16 of each junk item?) You would get a backpack, which can be upgraded.

How would it be upgraded?
    There would be levels and types. A higher level means more slots, whereas type allows you to carry a wider range of items. Each upgrade requires the one before it. Type and Level are individual; you do not need a Type C before Level 3, for example.

Level:
    Level 1: 5 slots. (Lv 55 Quest)
    Level 2: Now has 9 slots, or a full row (Level 67 quest)
    Level 3: 18 slots, can be used for anything (Secondary quest reward for Bob's Reincarnation)
    Type:
    Type A: Can hold junk items (Default type)
    Type B: Can hold junk items and potions (Quest at Lv 58, requiring 1 of every tier of potion)
    Type C: Now holds currency as well. (Purchased for 1LE)
    Type D: Can now hold any type of item. (Inside of Temple of Legends, purchased for 3LE)

Just a simple idea I think would improve the quality of life in Wynncraft, leave feedback and vote please!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Recku, baas_Freek and dead zeffe like this.
  2. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thing is, we don't really need that when we have banks.

blankman likes this.
  3. SeanThomas2

SeanThomas2 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is incredibly op, and there is no reason to have it ingame

4. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    It's meant for farming trips so you can carry more before leaving to go back to the bank.

How is it OP? It just reduces trips back from the bank and lets you keep potions or currency on you.

baas_Freek likes this.
  5. Kawaii__Turtle

Kawaii__Turtle Kawaiiest of Turtles CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The last 2 upgrades are insanely overpriced for what you would get, not to mention that its nearly use for farming trips. Even with EVERY SINGLE quest item in my inventory at level 66 it takes about 30-40 minutes to get a full inventory, which is about 17 slots, and thats with a few stacks of emeralds as well.

6. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    It's supposed to be a royalty upgrade, but I guess I can nerf the costs.

baas_Freek likes this.
  7. CoffeeBuzz77

CoffeeBuzz77 Travelled Adventurer

I'm new to Wynncraft but I'm very surprised at the same people replying at so many suggestions as OP. backpacks aren't OP in fact nearly every single MMORPG on the market today has up-gradable backpacks or other systems in place to assist with farming/loot. They have them because they make the game more enjoyable. Travel and exploration is great! repeating the same path 10 times for one farm trip is not. Remember just because you and your mate love repeated trips to the bank doesn't mean everyone does and it doesn't make the backpack idea OP. These suggestions wont make or break the game for me, but I think Backpack expansions are a big plus.

Mettymagic likes this.
  8. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @ShayminKeldeo421 The idea of backpack has been suggested about a billion times and they don't add it due to bank space being enough as it is and if you really do have a storage problem use a class as one. Farming trips should only take like a minute to get from a city with a bank anyway. And even with a high loot bonus it takes like 20 mins to fill up

9. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, every 20 mins you have to spend 5 or so heading back to a town and back to the farming spot. This is a huge problem in places like maro peaks or dead island especially.

What downside is there to adding this?

baas_Freek likes this.
  10. AtomicMan3

AtomicMan3 Travelled Adventurer

Types A, B, C, and D should be removed. You only need one type.

11. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    The point of types is to add a sort of progression and to calm down people who think it is OP, could you please explsin why you think it should? If you do I'll consider it. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.