1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Is Wynncraft Losing It's Fanbase Because Of The Wait For Gavel?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by tasaid, Oct 30, 2015.

?

Do you Agree?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hope Jumla made a new render because there would be about 3,000 to 4,000 "bitches" online when this announcement will come, This what happens when you run a giant MMORPG Minecraft server from a laptop...

2. dfgh

dfgh Travelled Adventurer

DomenicSerpen

3. tasaid

tasaid Well-Known Adventurer

yes i think you are right! i know for sure that as soon as it comes out ill be on the server.

4. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Maybe they quit Wynncraft because Gavel is taking too long, but they'll probably come back when Gavel releases. Plus, CraftedMovie will most likely release a trailer of Gavel when the release date is confirmed, and that channel has more than 400 thousand subscribers.

5. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    400,000 dead subscribiebers*

Honestly I must say that most of the best members of the community left (fibby, JJ, etc.), which is probably why the forums feel so empty now. But have no fear! We still have @Mular5 :D

6. Triverr

Triverr Cool Cat Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ^this^

I used to play Wynn quite a lot, but I don't think I've even touched the server for over a month now. I don't really play anymore because I've run out of stuff to do (the forums aren't really too interesting to me anymore either). I'm just as hyped for Gavel as the next guy, but I've been wrapped up in other things while I wait. Gavel is gonna be awesome, and I sure as heck don't plan on missing out.

MikePants27 likes this.
  7. dexoid02

dexoid02 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    many servers ose popularity cause of this i think they need more uppdates

8. tomisdaman27

tomisdaman27 The owner of a legendary trade...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, this is very true. Me and my friends have stopped playing until Gavel comes. We know that when Gavel does come the fanbase will rise.

9. dfgh

dfgh Travelled Adventurer

Remember DomenicSerpen

10. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    Any of you remember CraftedMovie? ...wait, really? Gee, I have to explain this now?

Well, anyway - back when the CraftedMovie server still existed, Salted, Grian, Jumla and the rest knew that less people had started coming onto their server, and less people started coming onto the Forums. This was because of two reasons; they made videos less often, and because they were working a lot more on Wynncraft.

So they said they were going to release this thing called CM2.0. We waited a long time.
    About a year. At least, I think it was a year - it may have been more, or it may have ever been two years. I honestly can't remember - but if someone can tell me if I'm exaggerating or not, that'd be great.

Anyway, after about a year, they sort-of released a beta thing. It was alright. But the main problem was they stopped making videos, and stopping moderating the server. Eventually, it just stopped.

However, Wynncraft is different. They're actually doing stuff on Wynncraft - it's being well-moderated, at least 1 person is on it everyday - and, not only that, but this whole thing is pretty freaking amazing.
    I mean, have you ever seen an MMORPG in Minecraft done well? This server is a lot better than some actual MMORPGs I've played!

Point is, we aren't losing our playerbase. People are still talking in Detlas, people are still checking the Forums. I bet someone just joined the server for the first time - and another person just hit Level 48. (We got 130 new players today!)

As long as the people that created this thing don't abandon it - and as long as they keep it as spectacular as it is right now - then we won't abandon it. Simple as that.

11. Gilly11

Gilly11 Hi HERO

Minecraft:
    As long as people are supporting it, Wynncraft will always have a future.
    Also, there are always the little things that no one notices in Wynncraft. They can make it extra entertaining if you notice them.

12. snowy-

snowy- That one guy

Guild:
    Yea all these people are too lazy to restart at lvl 1 but have nothing to do at level 75 Wynncraft is gonna have like 2 players on by gavel!

13. PlasmaXD

PlasmaXD I'm dead don't post on my wall VIP+

Minecraft:
    I still have hope that gavel will come out this year (2016 comes) Alright im done with this

14. FlashKraZe

FlashKraZe Message or tag me if you need me!

Meh, when Gavel is released i'm sure some big youtuber will announce it and get everyone hyped again, overloading the server with kids and elite's. Like any other Minecraft Server.

15. Grian

Grian Map designer, Content MD & Wynncraft founder Media GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    All of you acting like you know what's going on behind the scenes really ticks me off you know.

You can't say "the content team should rush what they had planned" - THIS IS WHAT WE HAD PLANNED, this takes a good amount of time, its a 4000x2000 sized detailed map with about another 4000x2000 worth of off map content.

You all seem to think that an unfinished Gavel is what Wynncraft needs, just get it out now, no matter what. That's such a terrible idea you have no clue. We can't release even half a map that size that covers over 60 levels without adding any content. You act like you'd love Gavel just as much without the content and secrets and all the fine details we put in, but the truth is, if we released something half finished people would leave after release and complain about how the update was underwhelming or didn't meet expectations etc. This would make the game bomb and possibly beyond recovery as we want to install some faith and legacy to our updating capabilities. We want to get a reputation for putting out some sick updates.

you may say we bit off more than we can chew too - but truth is we bit off more than we can chew from the very beginning, 3 inexperienced people going into an mmo design of all things. But now we actually have some experience behind us, we know what we're doing and we certainly know whats best for the game.

I agree the wait is both unprecedented and extremely long.

We encounter issue after issue, especially on the dev side, imagine this, you're building a sand castle to the same height as you, but everytime you build up, the bottom crumbles beneath you. This analogy sums up the plugin side. Every time something is altered, changed or improved, something else breaks, stops working and it can often take ages to find and fix the issue. We're changing and improving so much of the game it may be unrecognisable in some aspects, the lag will be gone, the game will look so good with the resource pack, the elements, the exploration, the quests, the new items, character slots, building your character and who knows maybe we'll even fix swarms since mobs will be improved.

Soooo much, a lot of you probably didn't even consider the scale of this project and how a lot of it can't function without the rest, you can't just do one system and leave another outdated. Everything is connected. If we do one thing, we have to do all the things. If we change items that means spells, identifications damage calculations all have to be changed and updated. Game development and design isn't as generalised and easy as you make out. Gavel is much more than a province with 50+ quests.

The content team work their asses off and I don't want to see anyone telling them what to do or to work faster. It's not their fault its not out yet. The map is legitimately 95% done. We essentially need to make dungeons and we're finished on the content team side. We have 51 quests finished, of about 30 I would say feature unique and high quality content. I tried extremely hard to make sure all the content we made was enough to keep people entertained all the way to level 80. We'll be adding more content in a follow up Gavel update to address the lack of end game content.

So please, I know its a wait. But you act like we can do differently or just release it. It's just not true. We all have to wait. We all have to be patient.

And when Gavel is finally there, you won't regret it.

-Grian

16. Sanae_pls

Sanae_pls That Fucking Dark Wizard

I'll still regret the moment you said no new classes are coming with Gavel ;_;

KettleKorn likes this.
  17. Mular5

Mular5 Mular5, Archivist for the mysteries of Wynncraft VIP

Minecraft:
    Um...yeah.
    What Grian said, i already made my post on this issue, so i wont add anything else.
    From Mular5

18. MikePants27

MikePants27 To hell with Political Correctness!

I know just as well as you do how frustrating it is when plugins and code break and you can't figure out the problem, as I ran a server of my own for three years.

However, I had completely overlooked that this aspect had to be completed for Gavel as well as the content side. Thanks for explaining this, I'm sure it will give other players some understanding as it has for me.

19. tasaid

tasaid Well-Known Adventurer

sorry grian... your point is taken and i have dos ay that i agree with you on that. i apologise for stirring up any trouble or being ignorant, i know that the content team is working very hard, and i am sincerely looking forward to gavels release.

20. ZenAndreas

ZenAndreas TheElder

Grian is right, but the players are also right. In the hype of waiting Gavel ( which is huge we understand ), you'll loose your fanbase. I myself left the game and now wait for Gavel, check the website, the forums but nothing new ( not reffering to Gavel ). Some new content, events, website activity and such would have helped keeping this community more active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.