1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Is Champion Rank Worth Your Money?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Xeabia, May 24, 2021.

?

(Answer only if Champion Rank) Is Champion Rank worth it? Even w/o Bomb Bell or Champion Slots?

1. Yes

9.2%
  2. No

66.2%
  3. Yes, even without Bomb Bell

6.2%
  4. No, without Bomb Bell

10.8%
  5. Yes, even without Champion Slots

7.7%
  6. No, without Champion Slots

4.6%
  7. Yes, even without Bomb Bell and Champion Slots

6.2%
  8. No, without Bomb Bell and Champion Slots

9.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xeabia

Xeabia A creative mind who's clumsy as heck HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, I'm trying to get a better feel of how the community thinks of Champion Rank. $120 is a steep price on a Sale Day, with it being twice as much as Hero Rank, and worth two console games, so I'm curious what mileage people get out of it. I've seen people mention how overpowered Bomb Bell and Champion Slots are, and I'm curious what made people buy them. So, vote above for if you think Champion is a good deal, would you still have bought it if it didn't have Bomb Bell and/or Champion Slot, and comment what made you buy Champion Rank and your mileage out of it.

dr_carlos likes this.
  2. Red-Eyed Knight

Red-Eyed Knight Evil goat reverend HERO

Minecraft:
    There's a certain limit on how much I'm willing to spend on a video game, and the Champion rank is past that limit. No matter how powerful its features, it's still too much money, at least to me.

Nukewarmachine, Dr Zed, Aya and 3 others like this.
  3. StinkEyeCookie

StinkEyeCookie Corruption serves Dern

Minecraft:
    It's incredibly unbalanced and OP.

Worth it? I, personally, would not choose to spend that much money on games, but if you play a lot and you do things like professions or regularly run dungeons it does give you a huge advantage over other players. (thats why it needs to be nerfed :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

4. _834

_834 I forgot what I was gonna write in this box CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    As someone who actually has it, I can say there aren't many noteworthy benefits compared to Hero worth the extra price tag.
    I also get the logic of not wanting to pay the hefty price tag on something like a Minecraft server rank, but for some people (like me), they might feel okay with spending all that for champion purely because of how much time and enjoyment they've gotten out of Wynn.

5. Maracs

Maracs Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It's definitly not worth the money and I only have it because I like Wynncraft a lot. Also pets scrapping unid items is more op than bomb bell and champ slots.

6. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A few more features (cosmetic not unbalanced and p2w) would make it worth it

7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was about to say, yeah pet task need to go.
    Heres my thoughts:
    If champion didn't have pet task or the bomb bell, I would buy it.
    As most people said, it's likely not worth the price anyways, but the reason people buy it is to support the server, and I would as well without any pay to win features.
    I simply won't buy something that has an unfair advantage.
    Wouldn't care about champion slots, if they didn't replace normal players when they leave, which I assume they aren't supposed to.

8. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Looking at poll
    Well we can’t really remove it, so what do we do with it?

9. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Since I paid for it I don't think I really have much of a say in this discussion, though you're spot on about it being about supporting the server and not the ranks perks. Since the start I've put in over 1K hours into this game so $160 isn't a high price to pay considering the amount of fun I've gotten in return, especially since I was a kid when I started playing so it feels good to be able to retroactively pay for the experiences I had now that I can afford to.

Nukewarmachine, starx280 and Stag2001 like this.
  10. RoSeNur

RoSeNur Warrior cultist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    VIP+ is the best price-features wise rank, champion is not worth it unless u want to support or u need bomb bells, slots desperately, for example, when u tryhard profs

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  11. Olinus10

Olinus10 Quest Guider, Let's Player and Podcaster Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like to support Wynn, if there was a new rank above champion id buy it right away without a second thought (unless it was a subscription). 120 is a lot even on sale day yes, but most champions had hero already so the upgrade was only 60 bucks. I like the 8 totems, its good for ing. grinding and for xp grinding. A better crate would be nice though. I like the nickname feature too.

A question about if its worth it or not is very subjective though. We all have different ideas on what we spend money on and we all have different amounts of money. But let's just say this, since you said it being worth 2 games of money. I've played wynn for soon 7 years, 120 bucks for a game that lasts that long is nothing. Most games last a couple hundred hours at most. To me the rank is worth it, just because it gives money to wynn and i want to keep playing. But to others the rank might not be worth it for many reasons.

When it comes to features to make it more worth it, id say a discord rank separation and a better crate would be nice.

Anywho, have a nice day :)
    //Olinus

12. nip nop

nip nop ava is my wife and mine alone CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Champion perks are definitely absurdly powerful and debatably unfair, I barely use any of them however and I personally bought it to support the server. You do you. Your money

13. AIexxx

AIexxx Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you plan on playing a lot and decide between buying ur own bombs or getting champion rank, I would 100%go for the champion rank.
    But you shouldnt ask me bc I just buy what wynn offers and would even buy champion for 300$+

IcyDice and starx280 like this.
  14. SleepingXor

SleepingXor Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s worth it for the sake of being pee colored