Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dungeons Improve Tcc Raid Rewards

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ron111701, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Do you agree that raid rewards need improvement?

1. Yes

98 vote(s)
    92.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Yes, but...

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Note: This is very specifically about TCC and Orphion now. every instance of "TCC" just add Orphion in there too

Right now, the sort of rewards you can get from TCC can vary wildly in usefulness and quality. I believe the best solution to this issue is to do two simple things: boost the emerald rewards you can get, and guarantee one fabled tome. Running TCC should be profitable, especially if you gathered the runes yourself. That may sound like a bit much, but let me explain why I believe it would be a good change.

Legendarys Suck

First off, you're probably wondering why I specified a fabled tome and not just any sort of tome. I did that because in all honesty, legendary tomes are marginally useful and aren't really fit to be a guaranteed raid reward. TCC is an endgame challenge, so the additional XP from slaying tomes is only useful for grinding guild xp, and even then, slaying tomes are common enough that it's very easy to get two slaying tomes with a roll that's above 30%. Gathering xp tomes are only really worthwhile to those who actually do profs, and even if someone uses them to unlock the weapon mastery slot, they won't get any further use out of them. The TCC legendary tomes end up just becoming an item to throw out, as it's just a waste of money to ID them, which is compounded by the pitiful amount of emeralds you receive for completing the raid.

Other Rewards

Emerald rewards are pretty bad right now. the highest I've seen is ~40eb, and if you're using potions or crafted items, you'll probably only profit half of that, if that. If you bought TOL runes, rather than grinding them yourself, you will never profit from the TCC emerald rewards. Horses would be nice, as like, some sort of side reward, but getting a black or brown horse is frustrating when that's the only reward in the chest, and it's annoying to get something you could've bought from a merchant for 35eb, which by the way is still cheaper than buying the TOL runes. Necklaces are also fine as side rewards, but the problem is that they're so common right now, that they're not worth anything on the market. So if your build doesn't need the necklace, it's probably easier to just throw them out and not ID them, rather than let them take up space in your bank/trade market. It doesn't help that these necklaces are fabled, so a lotta the time you'll think you got maybe 2-3 tomes, which is really cool, only to find out 2 of them are necklaces which you don't need and aren't worth the cost to ID them.

The other big reward from raids are Corkian Amplifiers, but in all honesty, they're kinda lame as well. Corkian amps 1 only make it so you won't get super awful rolls, and don't do anything else. They're also decently common so you won't make much from their sale. Corkian amps 2 are much the same thing, except slightly better. While Corkian amps 2 did get removed as a reward from The Feathers Fly 2, the fact it was a reward at all hurt the initial value since a buncha players got 4 Corkian amps 2 from that quest. While obviously they can be helpful, the fact they can't really be sold right now, on top of their less than stellar boost to your rolls, make both tier 1 and 2 corkian amps not a "cool" reward to get, unlike a fabled tome. There's also the issue that you're not really rolling any items at endgame, unless its a mythic you found/ are rerolling or if it's a tome you got from the raid. This is especially true with something like TCC, a challenge that really demands a good build, which means you're probably not really in the part of the game where you're rolling random items you get to see if it's useful. This limited use really hurts the corkian amps as rewards, since much like legendary tomes they have limited depending on who gets it. At least you can sell them, but as said before the fact they're common really hurts this aspect.

Mythic Tomes

Mythic tomes are bad, and not at all worth the time investment. That's all I have to say. I've had one sitting in my bank for 20 or 30 runs simply because the fabled tomes I've already collected are much more useful. They're not worth the grind it would take to get 4 of them, let alone 4 max resist mythic tomes. Even if the max resist is higher than a fabled, it's a 20% chance for one extra percent of resist, and you don't get any of the other IDs that fabled tomes get, like spell damage % or raw health regen. This just makes mythic tomes not worth it.

Bad Rewards & Conclusion

Here's a link to an imgur album containing some of the bad reward chests I've gotten: https://imgur.com/a/ia0Fmej (please note I have nearly 50 runs, and ofc I haven't saved them all, but that should give you a good idea.)

TCC and NOL are currently meant to be the ultimate endgame challenges. If that's the case, then why are these reward chests so pitiful? You've assembled a team of your friends, all with the strongest gear and builds you can muster. You fight your way through the raid, and at the very end, as a reward for all of your hard work and effort? You get 19 eb and a brown horse.

POST ORPHION NOTE: yeah ig broken keys are decent, each one adds 48eb to 1le in value but like. wow. i love getting broken stuff as a reward. cool. just fix the rewards please

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Trekkie_Cow124, flip, Crokee and 38 others like this.
  2. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please add a poll.
    Other than that great suggestion

TravusThaSlime likes this.
  3. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    add a pool, btw nice suggestion

4. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Since the two above don't know how to quote messages or @ funny shade, good meme

Add a poll. Mythic tomes are bad, yes. Good suggestions

5. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Add poll. Also i feel like mythic tomes should come with Major IDs to make them much more interesting, for instance you could have a guardian mage thats great at dmg absorption and healing, or a saviors sacrifice shaman (since shaman is always low hp lmao)

6. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    yes major id’s but weaker ones like Nova suggested in his thread. Giving classes some major id’s would be too broken.

7. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    agreed

TravusThaSlime and StormDragon4 like this.
  8. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll make a second album of all the awful reward chests ive gotten since posting this thread, i have done ~14 runs since then.

9. Gumikacsa

Gumikacsa A leghűvösebb kacsa a világon HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To be honest, the rewards are almost good compared to the fact that we were able to speedrun TCC under 15 mins, once even at 12 mins.

10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Sure, but balancing rewards based off of the fastest runs is an absolutely terrible idea, especially since A. Run counts are still capped by having to gather tol runes and dealing with soul points, and B. The average LFG group isn’t going to reach near that level of efficiency. Plus, the fact that you needed to state that the rewards are still only ‘almost good’ when operating under the fastest possible runs says a lot.

11. Gumikacsa

Gumikacsa A leghűvösebb kacsa a világon HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, saying almost good was exactly my point. It's utter shit for someone who struggles through it and expects something big, but nearly decent if the loot is not 8eb and 2 brown horses for one who does close to 4 runs per hour.

12. SoulSoil

SoulSoil Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm seeing nothing about charms in this thread, are they fine as they are rn?

13. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh no the whole drop system behind charms is awful. the reason why i didnt mention them is that theyre not a "general" raid reward, instead theyre guaranteed within your first few runs on a class, with a super low chance to get another charm afterwards.

TravusThaSlime and Druser like this.
  14. TravusThaSlime

TravusThaSlime TravisNH Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Good suggestion .

maybe uh.. add a poll though?

15. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i cant lmao :flushed:

16. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes yes yes the raid rewards suck nuts. The worst part about the rewards is that you can’t even sell the tomes you get, and tomes are all you get from this raid.
    I was thinking that in order to buff the rewards, a) raid rewards could roll unid items like a lootchest as well, or b) make tomes sellable to the blacksmith. Because as of right now, I literally lose money doing raids rather than profiting. Are we supposed to make money from raids? Or are we just never going to have money making ways from pve. That also brings another point I made a while ago, that raids will likely become dead content once most people have had their fill. What would be the point of doing negative profit raids once you already have your tomes maxed? There should be a way to make money from raids, whether it be selling tomes to blacksmith for small money or adding a lootchest roll to the raid chest.

Concerning the tomes themselves, fabled armor tomes from nog are literally better than mythic tomes from tcc (a lvl 60 armor tome that gives +633 health > lvl 100 mythic tome that gives a measly 9% ele def). Why. This part is iffy since I’m not exactly sure what the complete list of prefixes a mythic tome can have, but mythic tomes have only ele defs from what I’ve seen, so they desperately need a buff. How it could be achieved: adding more prefixes / identification sets to mythic tomes, and/or rework the mythic prefixes to have special effects (I.e. a fokin blooming mythical tome of an awesome 13% earth defense could be reworked to grant you shield health based on your missing health when you take a large portion of your health within a second (think old steraks gage in league)). Mythic tomes could be an opportunity to make mastery tomes special and unique and not just another stat boosting gear. Or, you know, just adding actually good ids would be fine also. Any buff right now would be appreciated.

FoxxoChan likes this.
  17. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Use thread tools near the title?
    (Unless it's a deeper issue)?

18. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh im just dumb apperently

dr_carlos likes this.
  19. Invinci

Invinci Discord Invinci#6319 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd love to see a buff to Mythic tomes. I have gotten two so far, and both are outclassed by fabled tomes. The extra id on the mythic tomes is pretty useless. It would be nice if these were changed to something useful like the fabled tomes have.

20. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I’m surprised brown horses are a reward. At that point in the game you’ve already had access to brown horses for awhile at way, WAY less cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.