1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange0401

orange0401 Fortified with Vitamin C HERO

Minecraft:
    wait so is it 60sp or 65sp in all for gravity? It says 60, but in game its 65. Did you un-nerf it a bit?

2. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Please nerf morph stardust. Non rainbow builds even use it now

3. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Would be seriously disappointed at the game if they really want to eradicate any rainbow element from non rainbow builds

Wt selvut doing now is basically confine people's option so that when they choose a particular element to main they cannot use other element's gear. Which is counter-intuitive to wt the community has been doing, which is mixing and matching gears to make the best possible builds. Or just wants people to use sp buff gears

Its not about OP or not, Selvut, its about how players view making builds and how you devs view that. You devs have a set idea on the game and are enforcing it, which is cool, but you set off the goal to make the game's diverse and allow gears matching, ofc every builds would have a little bit of rainbow on it to allow that. But wt you are doing is just telling us to screw ourselves and showing us that wt the game actually wants is just a lower tier of gameplay design, that is to choose 1 or 2 element and playstyle to main and thats it.

Lemme rephrase, a change is needed, but a slight change, not a increase a gear's sp requirement by extra 60% change

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I would argue the opposite; currently builds are at a state where most are literally unbeatable, and the gap of power between builds makes it so some builds are unbeatable to others. This pidgeonholes people into certain builds. By nerfing the most powerful builds, Selvut is trying to make the game more challenging while making more builds viable.

Stag2001 and Pokextreme like this.
  5. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    It is the calculation of elemental defence thats the problem and making builds unbeatable, not how we choose the gears. Its like solving the people who points out the problem instead of solving the problem itself. Wynncraft is 99% PvE thats an unarguable fact, using PvP as a view point cannot give you the whole picture, and its the system's fault not anyone's fault.

Which ofc, selvut and the devs can only do so much, but my point still stands.

6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Judging by PVE, these builds are -still- unkillable, that's the thing. I hardly look at PVP since that's like, not even 0.5% of the game.

Stag2001 likes this.
  7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    You don't even need to look at PvP; just look at legendary island.

Stag2001, Miles_ and Anárion like this.
  8. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    I'm gonna make an assumption that what you're trying to do is to nerf popular and powerful choices that people are putting together to make an OP builds so that people cannot put like 4 OP gears together but instead to inspire us to use some less powerful uniques or rares to compliment them and the build.

This is the only explanation to what you're doing.

Dude, honestly, if you add a similar disclaimer to what you're doing, half of the community wouldn't rage at what you're doing. Most people just see wt you're doing as to nerf powerful builds so that people can't be OP, which is true in some extend, but people will understand better if you at least tell us your intention.

9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They understand completely, they're just salty about it, because they've got their taste of power and they don't want to give it up. It's like that one time when there were these Lv 20 uniques that accidentally had 10 mana regen. Everyone abused them and moaned and whinged when it was fixed.

Stag2001, Pokextreme, Spinel and 5 others like this.
  10. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    you're overestimating our wisdom

11. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    There was also the incident where the Dexterity requirement wasn't appearing on items due to a bug. When it was fixed, people got pissed that they have to actually put points into DEX to use something.

And don't forget the old Raw spell damage bug that made Pure really OP (Yes, there was a time where Pure was considered top tier), when this was fixed, there were rabid reactions.

12. Anárion

Anárion Screw Maex #Dogovi4Ever CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you killed my build, thanks Selvut!

Legendary Island was hard, now without Gravity i think this will be impossible

13. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Nothings hard with the power of FRIENDSHIP

14. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did it when my strongest gear was a Soul Signal and unpowdered Tsunasweep during testing when it was even tougher cause we hadn't finished balancing it yet.

Pokextreme likes this.
  15. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    I can solo it with an earth/water build..
    git gud lol

Stag2001 and Cruuk like this.
  16. JackyKit

JackyKit Any gamebreaking glitch founder, fixed by Jumla HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    did you spend a whole day grinding the hp of the boss?

Chun_ and Anárion like this.
  17. C2HWarrior

C2HWarrior Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The Capricorn increase seems too much. Most people try to get their elements at around the 50% mark (especially for water) but now it feels like the skill points given by Capricorn are wasted
    60 would have been acceptable but 65 is a joke your basically destroying tri elemental builds which is not a way I'd like to see wynn going

JackyKit and Anárion like this.
  18. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with C2HWarrior. I think that Capri should require 60 in the 2 stats in which it requires. 65 seems a bit too much and although it only adds up to 10 skill points more. As stated, alot of people would try to get their intel or agil up to 50%, which is 68 skill points per each stat. Those extra 10 skill points will actually make it much harder to use and less viable. I think that 60 per stat is a sweetspot. I support what you're doing, but I think that it's being taken slightly overboard for some things.
    It'll still be possible. I can solo it with my thunder/water build. Try using agility, intelligence and defence pots. They work very well.

19. tortellini

tortellini spoopy noodle VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ravioli your missing the point Gravity WAS used for that but now that it's almost unusable without max sp bonus items it will probably never be used again

20. Salkasm

Salkasm [[Hyperlink Blocked]] Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    memes.png
    Goodbye, my almost chestplate
    Goodbye, my hopeless dream
    I'm trying not to think about you
    Can't you just let me be
    So long, my luckless romance
    My back is turned on you
    Shoul've known you'd bring me heartache