1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altakar

Altakar former 1000+ day counter moth Item Team

Minecraft:
    I'm kind of happy that Memento got nerfed. I just thought that it just offered too much without any big drawbacks(yes, -lifesteal is annoying but doesn't become a problem unless you melee to get free mana with mana steal, but who does that?). Capricorn, though, I'm not sure. There might be other replacements for it that it completely overshadowed or they are simply nonexistent(although the nerf isn't too bad). Also nice to see Steamjet Walkers buffed, ever since I found my first one I always thought they were shit for a legendary.

2. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    maybe because buffs don't literally make builds unplayable?
    in all seriousness, some of the nerfs were needed, but some were too much.
    like the rejuvenation amulet, the 2000% and 80 raw didn't actually give that much. this change almost halfs its regeneration, and makes it even harder to use.
    i get if it was meant to be used as a reusable potion, but potions heal you in more than 20 minutes

3. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow, pointless Blue Mask nerf. I'm sure everyone was abusing it for that 800 heath anyway. It's not like that 800 health can make a difference between life and death or anything for some, right?

one_ood likes this.
  4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Why the sarcasm? Can't you give better feedback than that?

Trash likes this.
  5. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    You'd rather us have reduced the skill points?

Trash likes this.
  6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    80*21=1680 regen minimum.

Keep in mind your health still affects your regeneration, so that's even greater at low health. It is meant to be a utility, not a build-centric item.

7. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If Blue Mask was fine all this time, why is action just being taken upon it now?
    I'd rather you don't do anything, but reducing the skill points would make for rather funny community reactions.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  8. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    The thing to remember about blue mask is that if its "viable" at endgame, its way overpowered at the level its intended.

9. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then what about either raising its level or creating a new Skill Point helmet that has a max of 100SP or higher and nerf Blue Mask to have a max of 50SP or so?

10. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Both can massively break builds. Much more than just 799 health which just hurts them

11. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Those were just examples. The point is that a newer high level item (Purple Mask, for example) that accomplishes the same role as BM would solve the "its way overpowered at the level its intended" problem. That way BM can be nerfed while builds that require it can switch to the new item.

May I ask why you (the Item Team) didn't do this (nerfing the heath) several updates and patches ago?

12. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    Likely because the item team tries to keep (atleast legendary) items somewhat unique. Adding another blue mask for a higher level is just plain boring and uninteresting game design.

13. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Having an item economy that can also change at a drop of a hat is also just plain boring and uninteresting, and infuriating game design.

14. RemRin

Minecraft:
    You have a point, yet i still disagree because when developing a game you can't simply value an economy more than game balance, that would create a very imbalanced, unfun game.

15. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Raising its level fucks over anyone using it below the level we raise it to. We're not going to create blue mask but better seeing as blue mask is too good right now for the highest level to begin with.

Because it's a silly idea that ends with a very unfun game where there's very few types of items but just tons of upgrades for those types throughout the levels. Sure, it's this way elementally, but not to the stats as you are suggesting it.

Believe me when I say I'd fix this if I could, but right now it's not exactly feasible to do for us. The best current solution would be to tighten the gap between legendaries and mythics which would either make mythics obsolete or make the game extremely unbalanced seeing as the game isn't exactly difficult as is with current legendary strength.

^^

16. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was not really being serious about that part, but I agree. However, it does the same to the players heath if they are using it. That sudden HP loss feels like punch in the gut.

My question revolved around the health nerf and why it wasn't done until now. The main point of my post was to suggest an alternative to Blue Mask that fits the same role. (See Concentration and Moon Pool Circlet)

Let's say the new item could be given the same skill point role with perhaps less than 100 Skill Points (I doubt anyone has a 100SP BM) and a closer stat distribution (5-20 is a big gap), however the item can also performs other roles as well so that isn't over powered and cannot just be slapped onto any build with the expectation that it will become OP.
    New Skill Point Helmet, high level, has some requirements and perhaps some negative IDs to compensate, could have a multitude of different uses for different builds, not strong enough to be Mythic tier nor make other helmets obsolete. Must not have too high requirements or have too many negatives to be called "Useless" by the community. Lore could also connect to Blue Mask in some way, if you wish. (Inb4 no because power creep excuse.)

Edit: I noticed that you edited your post to include the focus on the Blue Mask nerf. It's my fault for not wording it right. I didn't mean to ask why you haven't added a Blue Mask alternative yet. Sorry.

That's the problem. The damage has all ready been done and items and the team behind them have to go into damage control mode. Every time a new mechanic is added or a current one is adjusted (such as health regeneration), things have to change to compensate because the balance has been thrown off. This doesn't really hurt players who have just started and haven't even heard of Blue Mask, but the experience for older players is defiantly affected. Imagine the amount of items that would have to be buffed and nerfed if a new class type was added. Imagine the amount of current builds that would break just to balance the rest of the classes. It's scary.

I serious doubt 799HP will ruin the game, however it hurts the player experience when long, existing things remain in the game suddenly change for the worse. The nerfs in general are just one of the reasons why I don't want to play the game anymore. Why work hard to get the build that's just right for my play style only for it to get nerfed a few weeks or months down the line? Would a nerf make my build useless or less effective to the point that I shouldn't use it anymore? What if my build depended on the current IDs or Skill Point requirements on a piece of equipment or weapon I rolled, but a nerf will make it so I just don't have enough. Just re-roll? What if my IDs are even worse than before? So a new item comes out that can replace my current item that was nerfed, however its price depends on its IDs. After I spend my emeralds on it for a good one, people find out that they can use it to do 20-30k damage or so on another build that uses different items. The Item Team responds and that piece that replaced mine is no longer viable because I either just don't have the skill points for it or my old item did what I wanted better. Try to sell the new one back? No one wants it anymore. What if the item I needed was a Mythic? Mythics cost stacks of LE because of their rarity and dependence on good ID rolls. Nerf a Mythic, price drops stacks, and vice versa. What if the item I needed was too low level and I'm unable to grind for it because I'm above its level? etc. etc. etc.

This post is a mess.

By item economy, I mean the sheer amount of items and their stats. More items = increased difficulty on getting the item you want. From my perspective, Wynncraft is already imbalanced and unfun for me. Not everyone can get perfect stats on every ID that matters for their builds.

Killerfish and Lemon like this.
  17. Corn Flake

Corn Flake A singular HERO

Minecraft:
    Not to be petty or anything, but with the tsunami chestplate being diamond and all, cant we make Blue Mask blue again? Having it be white colored when the name suggests it's blue is kinda dumb in my opinion

Killerfish, Major_Lue and TwageTomato like this.
  18. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This was more my being stubborn about it, wasn't it? I forget exactly but I recall that being the case.

Tsunami wasn't supposed to be diamond, and Frontliner wasn't supposed to be chain. It was a misinterpretation on a team member's idea that'll be fixed once items are pushed next.

19. RemRin

Minecraft:
    Tbh you guys should consider doing this, its very neat and makes the items unique in their own, special way. I know it may cause confusion, it's neat none the less.

20. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in endgame builds, normally 799 health won't bring you below the average 10k hp, as cata builds which use BM rarely had above 9.5, and earth/agility builds which used it had dodge or bunch of health

probably would have been more balanced if you swapped it to like -800

Trash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.