1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I use it too, and I'm happy about this

2. The Fool

The Fool Nobody Wants to Know Him HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Me too

3. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Won't ever get heard if you don't say anything :P

4. MeIsBee

MeIsBee lul VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh wow.
    Another nerf rip.

5. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except most of the time I can't do that due to how promptly we begin work on new updates. Items are listed as part of configs, which must be pushed as a whole; we can't push just one piece of it. That means, the MOMENT that progress begins, I can no longer adjust items until the next update, and often items take more than just a couple of weeks to be found and interacted with in such a way that it becomes apparently overpowered.

KiliE2001, Stag2001 and Flare2B like this.
  6. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Stardust has been overpowered for weeks, it's only now getting changed. The elemental defence meta has been around for a while, it's not new. Another item that should have been changed a long time ago is cancer. The melee negative isn't nearly enough for massive lifesteal, super fast attack speed, mana steal with no glass properties at all (air defence, but SP items such as prism which apparently is an issue have enough defences to counter it while letting you use another element with a high requirement.)

Not only that, there are tons of items that need buffing because using them are like shooting yourself in the foot. If you're doing that, then my apologizes but you should let people know alternatives are going to be useable in the future. Helmets in general are hard to use anything except SP because the alternatives aren't as good at what SP helms let you use.

You can't just nerf items to get a game into a balanced state. Items must be buffed too. Again, apologizes if you're doing that but people think you're only interested in nerfing items. Which has been almost entirely the case.

7. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Did we?
    Cause I didn't. I had complete faith in CT knowing what they are doing. Or whoever created hive items. I thought "hey, it's this long in the game, it must be fine".
    And instead of looking up a build, I made my own, with 1 single piece of hive gear I had. I was so proud to actually make a good build, on my own, with my own time invested and with my own efforts. I actually felt that for the 1st time in years I was getting rewarded, by the game, because I managed to defeat Qira, without abusing the single aspect of the game.

And what happened? Hive leggings got, not nerfed, but killed, to the point I am not able to use them anymore in my build unless I change completely everything...or just not use leggings I spent my only voucher I ever got. The problem were people using more than 1 piece of hive gear in the build, and yet, instead of fixing THAT, I got rekt in the process. The only fair thing now would be getting a voucher refund, but we all know that ain't happening.

How is any of this promoting creativity? Or to play the game? I was a fair player for so long, invested time and money into it only to get shown the middle finger. "Hey, you tried to play the game without abusing it and being creative!? Fuck you. You want a refund because that's not the item you chose!? Fuck you again". How is this okay? I have never seen nerfs this hard in any RPG game I ever played. Never. If things got nerfed, you wouldn't have to completely change your build, it would only get weaker.

I am seriously giving my last chance to this game. It breaks my heart knowing I am not going to be a part of this community anymore, but I can't take this crap anymore. I have been shit on by every aspect of the game, and yet, I stayed here and supported it, hoping things would get better, that I'd have something to show for. I am frustrated, angry, but most importantly, disappointed by how things were handled gameplay wise. Wynncraft has huge potential, and instead of putting on the big boy pants, it keeps pushing away players like me. If code update doesn't change the gameplay, I'm done, which I never thought since the day I joined. I hate myself for writing like this, because when I do, I'm either labeled as a dickhead or a crybaby. Not trying to be either of those things, but I can't just turn my cheek when I am this passionate about the game. I truly believe the way I was treated by things I cannot control is beyond unfair. And it's not just the nerfs.

I am sorry to anyone who felt annoyed reading my post, I'll try not to write similar things anymore.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  8. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    I get it. The actions of the many are kind of ruining it for you. What was your build again? Perhaps I can find a way to make it still work?

The code update will change the gameplay. It will unlock so many fixes for the future, and new items will flourish. I have faith that if nothing else, the code refactor will save this game.

Stag2001 and BuffAirSpear like this.
  9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Due to the issue of people losing their items if they've not got room in their inventory when skill points change, I'm always nervous about changing skill point requirements. Due to how widespread Morph-Stardust became, this is affecting a lot of people, much more than something like Darksteel Full Helm or The Courier's Cape for instance. It's a necessary change, but I really didn't want to have to go through with it.

In regards to Cancer, this thread only shows skill changes. I do make buffs and nerfs to items as I go, I only log changes here if they affect skill points due to the issue stated above.
    I don't see what you mean that helmets are bad. And, once again I'll cite the Gameplay Update where nearly every legendary and set item, as well as many various uniques and rares got buffed to the tune of at least 400 items right there, most likely more since I didn't bother to count them specifically.
    That last line is what I take issue with. If one aspect of an item is overpowered but another could stand to be stronger, I generally try to make an equilibrium, but since nerfs are all anyone ever talks about, you never actually hear about that.

KiliE2001 and Moe_Ronickah like this.
  10. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

11. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    *Ahem* Taurus

Major_Lue likes this.
  12. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Let's hope so. I just recently bought an idol for raw spell spam just to realize that raw spell doesn't even work if your weapon doesn't have neutral base. There's so many issues with the game and everyone is hoping this magical and mystical refactor is going to fix all of them. High hopes, but it's what this game needs.

In my opinion, you should continue speaking your thoughts. No one is going to know the issues the changes are causing with players who play the game legitimately without abuse.

Okay, fair enough.

So can you list stat changes in another thread? Skill points aren't the only thing there should be a communal thread for.

Helmets give the most SP (disregarding far cosmos, which will pretty much become the replacement stardust after the hive changes). You have other options, but with either skill points, mana and health or absolutely tons of skill points it's hard to use something else. Stardust and blue mask (especially blue mask) allow you to use more powerful items in other slots while letting you up your survivability or damage with raw skill points.

You're not making it very public though, are you? You're citing the gameplay update where, yes, tons of items were buffed but there still aren't a lot of unique end game combinations. Make that thread citing the changes that happen from now. Citing the gameplay update doesn't buff items, they clearly still need updates. Don't nerf all the good items to shit, buff the underpowered ones.

dollys likes this.
  13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dune Storm, Heroism, Cumulonimbus, Anima, Quartzite, Cancer, Neuron, Whitecap Crown, Sano's Care, Ossuary, Thanos Legionnaire Helmet, Centipede, Third Eye

That's not even including items like Aries, Pride of the Aerie, or Pisces which occasionally work better in the helmet slot.

14. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    I thought it worked but was invisible

15. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Use a skillpoint helmet and you get access to much better items in every other category, including and especially weapons (mythics lul), plus skill points to be placed in whatever skill point you want.

16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

17. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright then, let's test that hypothesis shall we?

Here's my challenge to you:

Make a Fire-Damage build using Inferno with 9/4+ Mana, all positive element defenses, no -Mana Steal, positive ws, but at the same time get as high damage as possible.

Make an Earth Air Damage build with 7/4+ Mana, all positive element defenses, no -Mana Steal, positive ws, but at the same time get as high damage as possible.

Make a Raw Spell build with 9/4+ Mana, all positive element defense, no -Mana Steal, positive ws, but also get as high damage as possible.

Make a Regeneration build with as high HP Regen as possible, making certain that your element defenses don't go negative.

Make a Melee Damage Build with all positive element defenses, positive walkspeed, all positive element defenses, but get as high dps as possible (powder specials will not be included because we cannot actually check the damage in wynndata)

After you're done I'll compare my results.

YYGAYMER likes this.
  18. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Actually, if we look at this in an optimistic sense, if 1.17 is basically the Gameplay update 2.0, then we could expect a lot of buffed items (like Grillface?). It's just a little thing that went across my head reading these posts.

And concerning any nerfs, other than the items featured in this thread, I don't see too many nerfs happening other than really small ones.

EDIT: Also, another think I noticed is Morph-stardust, and some other Morph items, are the only items in that list that got nerfed but didn't get skill point req. changes, does this refute any recent posts here? I don't know, maybe it just emphasizes this:

And no Paradox doesn't count because it already got a skill point req. change a while back, it appears on the list twice!

Gigavern likes this.
  19. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    It does work though; it just doesn't show due to a visual bug

20. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Oh, it does work?! Has there been proof or confirmation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.