1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risu

Risu Famous Adventurer

if morph-stardust get nerfed, I hope Blue mask will always be a diamond helmet , At least make it look less stupid, i hate iron

CountBurn and Lexwomy like this.
  2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    the modulator is from the corkus armour merchant, it has fixed ids

3. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    The fact remain unchanged, in a game with combinations of "thousands" of items, a meta inevitably exists. It is fundamentally impossible to get rid of metas.

If the meta is abusable then there's something fundamentally wrong with the game. Nerfing meta to force a change works in nobody's favour, especially when there are only few non-meta items that has similar calibar function as meta items.

I agree stardust is op and needs a nerf, but a nerf should also come with more viable options instead of just "hey this item is now bad why not go scrap the bottom to see wt else fits"

FrozenJelly_ and Chun_ like this.
  4. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People reacted the same over a 1% nerf. They gave the exact same reaction. That's one of the reasons I find it difficult to take some people's opinions as serious as maybe they should be.
    This is one of the reasons that I was so shaky about the nerf, this exact situation. I think that it unfortunately is a necessary evil though, considering the rampancy of element/skill stacking.
    It was really only meant to be utilized along with the rest of the morph set instead of being that sort of medium. That's one of the reasons that I'm buffing the Morph Set bonus so heavily. The ending set bonus will, once the changes go into place, give 28 in every skill point and 25% element damage across the board compared to its previous 15 sp and 20% damage.

Undiscovered, Lexwomy, Cruuk and 4 others like this.
  5. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That change selvut just mentioned sounds like the pattern of +1 +3 +6 +10 +15 +21 +28. If that is the case then wearing morph-stardust with all morph accessories would replicate the results for 10 sp morph, 4 sp prisms, 5 sp prowess, and 5 sp fusion

Cruuk and Pokextreme like this.
  6. dollys

dollys salt queen HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    morph stardust is pretty useless now. in no way in my opinion is this a "necessary evil". the majority of people i know now do not have a functional build to use. i understand the need to remove "rainbow slap" which is pretty overpowered but this is only going to hurt players. i would understand lowering the health and even the elemental defenses a bit but the skill point decrease is insane. this is an end game item. it's supposed to be good. people already go through tons of stardusts trying to find one with decent ids, even paying up to a stack for a good one, but now all that effort is wasted because the helmet isn't even useable anymore. even though it's said that a lot of buffs will come from this update, all that we're seeing now is our builds being destroyed and having no replacements. i feel like instead of ruining people's builds that they worked really hard to get, effort could be better spent on fixing real problems like the afk build which people use to get tons of money with no work at all. and even though i disagree with the stardust changes, i feel like many people would be less upset if these changes happened after the skill point glitch is fixed. i know that selvut personally cannot fix the issues but since all of these nerfs appear to be skill point based i feel like it is in the players interest to not make these changes until the glitch is fixed to prevent players from losing all (and i mean all. most builds rely on morph stardust for skill points so losing that will result in all of their items popping off) of their items.

tldr; this seems like an overall bad idea and the fact that there is so much backlash from players makes it feel like our interests are not important to the game devs.

just saying ;w;

7. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    it wasnt supposed to be good in the first place because its part of the morph set. and even now its very much usable

COUGH
    MODULATOR
    SHIMMERSIGHT
    BLUE MASK
    COUGH

not really selvuts fault, thorns is fine

if the devs actually listened to everything we say wynn would be a unbalanced shitfest. people always complain when theres a nerf. i feel like youre all overreacting, stardust is still very good and if you want skill points just use blue mask

8. zPurity

zPurity Water = H20 B/C H20 IS Water VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if only they listened to what people want and have to say :(

Slayne and Love like this.
  9. Risu

Risu Famous Adventurer

When I spend almost 1.5 stack le to buy a 45sp stardust , Now it looks like a f**king joke .

10. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Instead of nerfing items, what about buffing the alternatives? The current strong items are what allows almost all builds currently.

The issue with nerfing items is that those builds go from very good to non-functional in a single change. This nerf should happen, but it would be much better if the playerbase were given alternatives that function as well as the nerfed state.

Yes, there's items like modulator and blue mask, but that's about it. There's no suitable role for the helmet slot other than skill point helms. Anima is the only one that stands up to it post-changes but there's not many other useable helmets. I'd love for grillface, or Pheonix, or shawl of gaea to be useable but they're not. After the changes everyone is either going to use modulator or blue mask (shimmer sight maybe, but that'll take a while since it's not farmed like blue mask in ToL or Stardusts at end game.

dollys, Jacquie and Epicness937 like this.
  11. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Also, I think the balance between skill point helmets is fine now. You have Blue Mask, which gives tons of skill points, but has miniscule HP. Then there's Modulator, which only gives up to 8 in SP but has pretty lenient requirements, and has 5 Powder slots. Shimmersight only gives 6 in SP but has no skill point requirements. And finally, post-nerf Morph-Stardust, which acts as a jack-of-all-trades, with mana regen, but has the highest requirements out of the 4, it's still a decent helmet, but it's not so OP anymore.

Besides, Morph-Stardust is a set item, it was meant to be combined with the rest of the Morph set.

12. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EXACTLY we need buffed/more items. for example lets take a look at the sp helms. stardust, modulator, Shimmer sight and blue mask. now they all have pros and cons but one is stronger than the rest
    stardust: set tier has 10sp at max and mana regen. also 3.4k hp and 100defense
    modulator: rare tier has 8sp and 2.5k hp however base req is 10 not 20 if you need sp at low skill points
    shimmersight: rare tier has max 6sp and max 3/4 mana. 2.9k hp but no defense like modulator
    blue mask: legendary level 68 has 800hp and up to 20sp nothing more

now looking here stardust is far stronger than those because it's ids are stronger the way i would fix that is: give stardust a nerf for hp and add it to the set. slightly nerf stardust's defenses. and at the same time add a small amount (maybe 25 or 30) elemental defense to modulator. shimmersight could use a defense % id or somthing as the defensive alt to spectrum. then well bluemask is level 68 so just make a new item...

the same goes for far to many other items. they have one or two that are far stronger than the rest so instead of using buffs to make the other items viable (yeah ik item tier but come on at least make them viable) they nerf the good items overall kinda negatively effecting the build meta. now granted there are some items that do need nerfs (like prenerf gravity but they nerfed it too hard...)

13. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Monster?

Lexwomy and Epicness937 like this.
  14. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    shh h my secret why

15. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I am just trying to show his previous response
    There's a whole new update coming maybe it is not going to be as bad as you think?
    Helmets do seem to be on the weak side, but the strongest of helmets should not be set as a base line or an exception to balancing.
    However if good sp Item are a concern then maybe we should also push for a rainbow sp Boots above lv 50, none exist at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Epicness937 likes this.
  16. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    modulator has set ids?
    according to wynndata

Epicness937 and orange0402 like this.
  17. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's obtained from the corkus city armor shop I think

Undiscovered and Lexwomy like this.
  18. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it is for 4le and 48eb

Undiscovered and Spinel like this.
  19. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Morph-Stardust could use a buff in the set bonus SP to compromise the nerfed base SP.

20. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    That happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.