1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woraxe

Woraxe Wynnic Dad HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but is making it impossible to use better than just lowering its power?
    feels like its the worse way of going about it to be honest. its like having someone say "hey that guy runs too fast" and selvut's solution being to brake both his arms.
    all thats happening now with the nerfs is forcing players to decide if they still want to play wynncraft anymore.

2. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure this will cause an uproar once everyone figures out what happened.
    Nerfing hive items would be fine, but changing sp on them literally ruined my build, limiting me even further. Archer had almost no builds to begin with, now I'll have to play exactly like everyone else.

3. Slayne

Slayne Tenacious Snuggles HERO

Minecraft:

I very much agree with this. Most items that have been changed in the past are relatively easy to replace, so it hasn't been a big deal. But items as important and rare as Master Hive Armor deserve better notification in game ahead of time as opposed to an old forum post. I've lost a lot of stuff from these nerfs in the past and I hope there will be better ways to prevent such loss in the future.

297 others, dollys and Love like this.
  4. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    No, it's not because skill point items are too abundant and too good. *Cough* prisms *cough*

Yes, it did need the nerf. You could use hive items (which are the best for it's skill point requirements vs stats given) in almost any build by just allocating a few skill points. The armour needed to be more restrictive to the elements they were geared towards and this helps that.

By the way, apoc is good because of other broke stuff. The spear by itself is fine. List of things that aren't:
    Warscream + 114 defense
    Exploding + lifesteal
    Attack Tiers
    Cancer
    Ele defences resisting items with low base dmg

All of that combined makes the spear broken, but if they were fixed then it would be good for it's level and for lifesteal and high base damage as it was meant to be.

They're as good as they are because you were only expected to be able to use a single hive item on any given class. Completing the game again on another class and using the voucher on the original class was an oversight (apparently). Since that obviously isn't the case, they need to be toned down because they're way too rewarding for little investment. Jacky's cancer build is good because attack tier is broken, cancer's drawbacks aren't significant enough, exploding guarantees lifesteal and you gain complete neutral resistance with a heavy dose of high elemental resistance to every element (Boreal-Patterned + Gaea-Hewn + Diamond Fusion Necklace + Prisms).

It'll be a day at least before the patch goes live. Item nerfs aren't rolled until patches arrive in the server (which I don't know the exact timing of, but it is not immediate) so you're most likely safe for another day at most.

Of course, you can still use Hive items together. This won't and can't stop that. Skill point items are too good for the synergy to die. Increase the requirements much more and you can't even use hive items by themselves unless you restrict yourself to very very few items which exclude mythics.

Haha, no. These nerfs were justified.

wat @the analogy
    It's not impossible to use, it's just harder to do so. It's nowhere NEAR impossible to use, but you are forced to use at least some form of a skill point accessory (which is still boring IMO) to have variance in your builds.

They were too easy to throw into a build for extremely high reward for negligible skill point cost. You are forced to use a piece of skill point equipment to balance it out which is annoying but not quite as bad as people are taking it to be. I'm just thankful it's 33 -> 40 rather than 50 which was being discussed. That would have ruined builds 100%.

The issue is that Selvut can't do something like that. The most he can do is put up a forum post saying what was nerfed, and most likely a reason in the comments. He can't make a change that doesn't reject armour if you don't meet the requirements or put an in-game announcement. That's beyond his permissions. And the issue with making the admins add a feature like that is it'll have to be remade in the refactor making the time spent making it and testing it now a complete waste.

I'm willing to bet there's going to be features and measures in the future to prevent issues like loss of items from happening, but right now it's impractical to do as it'll get wiped when they push the refactor through.

5. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    We have a suggestion/feedback section.

Selvut is not a developer, he can only change the stats on all items except Mythics, he can only do so much. Again, we have a suggestion/feedback section for this stuff, that said, I would support the idea of rather than Armor/accessories popping off of you, it would instead not benefit you it's HP/defenses/IDs at all unless you meet it's requirements, but you could still "wear" it.

what do you mean by "play exactly like everyone else"? Are you referring to the "meta" build? If so, hopefully more items will get buffed, and the meta items like Stardust will get nerfed so that we'll see actual variance in items again. For now, maybe make a build that focuses around your Hive leggings if you wish to still use them, if you don't find your options beneficial, I at least hope things will get better for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--------------------
    Let me repeat myself, Hive Armor itself wasn't OP, it was the synergy that you could utilize with it. I think what @Major_Lue said makes a good statement on what I'm saying:

6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not able to do that as I do not code. I am in favour of the idea that gear is wearable, but loses all effects if worn without proper skill requirements, but I cannot implement this as I do not manage the code.

And, to those of you worried that Hive Armour was "Ruined Forever™", I did not just adjust their skill points; I have adjusted their damage and defense stats to further polarize them. While the skill points changes were only today, the changes to the elements were actually done in May, we simply haven't updated since then.

My method was this: I took 120 "Points" and split them between each aspect of elements. 120 positive, 120 negatives, split evenly between damage and defense, meaning the baseline is 20% in each positive and 30% in each negative, and then gave them a variance. Some, such as Gaea-Hewn Boots, have higher attacking stats while others such as Hephaestus-Forged Greaves were given better defenses, polarizing each piece to its respective strategy. As Fire/Air is primarily defensive, it was given better defenses, while Earth/Water is a fairly offensive combination, so it has better attacking stats.

The final spread is as such. Positives are in their respective elements, while negatives are in their opposing elements.

Anima-Infused Helmet:
    +30% Element Damage/-20% Element Damage
    +10% Element Defense/-40% Air/Earth Defense

Boreal-Patterned Chestplate:
    +15% Element Damage/-35% Element Damage
    +25% Element Defense/-25% Element Defense

Hephaestus-Forged Greaves:
    +10% Element Damage/-40% Element Damage
    +30% Element Defense/-20% Element Defense

Gaea-Hewn Boots:
    +25% Element Damage/-25% Element Damage
    +15% Element Defense/-35% Element Defense

I have not bothered to check the math on how that will affect the element damage and defenses if pieces are mixed and matched, but I'm sure it is at least somewhat better than before.

Stag2001, Cosomos, SgtClips and 12 others like this.
  7. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I had the build focused around the leggings. Not anymore as I can't used them. Will have to use heat sink which means my voucher is wasted. If leggings had 40 sp to begin with, Id chose hive bow.

8. Love

Love Silence is Serene HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm only stating it here because despite him not having the permissions to do so, it may be a better idea to make changes after a bug that results from said changes are fixed or when a proper warning can be put into place by another staff member. Loot drop items are one thing, but Hive items are only obtained one way and once per class unlike Legendary Island.

Sku likes this.
  9. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Hmm, fair enough. I don't know what much can be done at this point, though.

10. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    And just a quick thing for everyone saying, "Hive armor is less broken then other items,"and are strongly hinting at jackykits build,
    1) I personally call apocalypse aboosealypse, as it abuses 3 major glitches in the game right now. The spear is fine, but these glitches have skyrocketed its usefulness.
    2) I'm 90% sure we are getting a cancer change, it's just unlikely to be an sp one.

Miles_ likes this.
  11. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i was hinting at a different also cancer build but sure xD

12. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh thank god

13. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Since all the hive armors have been changed and some people that only plays on one or two classes may have lost their chances to use their bought hive pieces in their original build thus resulting in a waste, would you consider the option to add a merchant pair for a limit time allow people to convert Hive items back to token then to choose another hive item again

Tbf this should be a permenant feature but some people would probably still riot over this

Rimuwu, Sku, Andkorn and 4 others like this.
  14. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    This was initially suggested but was shut down by Salted. It should return for now though, as it's an actual reason.

15. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok, how about also giving every Hive armor piece around 7 skill points (if not more) to each of their element and around -14 to the other 2 skill points so people who actually did use them the way it was intended, for a 3 element build, actually didn't have to waste more skill points for no reason.

SilverMirror likes this.
  16. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Circumstance are different now. We deserve to re-chose rewards after they have been changed. I know it's not gonna happen, most likely, but
    it would be the only fair thing to do.

SilverMirror likes this.
  17. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    That doesn't work out. You still have to use the 7 extra to wear them initially. All that does it make hive armour another piece of gear for SP and will probably completely invalidate vaward in some builds.

Miles_ and T-Flex like this.
  18. Chun_

Chun_ Any broken builds founder,nerfed by Salted VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nether wont be affected anyway, hive armors nerf? What is that?

19. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    lmao if anything hive needs a nerf. Apoc isn't broken, the elem def system is. Then again I could say the same about hive, but still, hive is pretty easy to get these days, and broken as shit.

20. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nerf Flameshot
    I get 13-15k melees suppeer fast *but glass* (Better thanalka lulllll x10)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.