1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    @Selvut283
    Thanks for the much needed nerf on CoI XD
    [​IMG]
    Please, we have Centipede for nuking your % Spell Damage, by having 2 items that nuke the same thing you weaken the pentalty of both the items.
    Go after the massive % Melee damage on Chestplate of Ineptitude drop it down to 10% Melee and have +250 Raw Melee on it...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Gigavern likes this.
  2. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The rework should have to do with element defenses, its the main reason shit is so op.

3. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    burnout now has -50 fire def, much higher -% health regen and maybe -6 or 7 mana? mine went from 2 to 4 so
    maybe its still 5 max

Stag2001 likes this.
  4. Killerfish

Killerfish Procrastinating Artist HERO

Minecraft:
    upload_2017-5-4_0-13-51.png [​IMG]

It got balanced more

Cosomos, Stag2001 and Jacquie like this.
  5. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Here is my proposed rework on concept of melee builds and how damage IDs interact with + attack speed, Tankiness interacts with WS and general build viability

Right now melee builds are "op" tbf they aren't actually when you don't use mythics but let's say they are a bit op when you plug mythics in for the argument's sake. @Selvut283 and the general public's direction in taking this is not only nerf it's power, but plug in that "dude u do so much dmg u must be glass" logic in, and suggested -ws -hp -elem def. Just like the whole idea of skill points rebalancing, instead of actually working on a fix of the problem itself they only fix the people involve with it. I don't think this is the proper approach to treat melee builds in general. IMPO melee builds should be as fun and as viable as any other spell build. #MeleeBuildRights

Melee builds suffer from innate short range compare to any spell builds in its respective class, making it much more susceptible to damage, and the concept of high risk high reward is how melee should work in a spell focused game, just as spells are just long range but weaker extension of attacks in melee centric game like dark souls. And there are a lot more viable approach to just making it glass to compensate to the dps melee mythics are outputting.

This is my melee rework concept
    [​IMG]
    Items should be designed to revolve around a combo of two melee playstle, with following the chart I drew above melee items should have five cases
    1. + Attack Speed but - Damage
    2. + Attack Speed but - Damage, combo with + WS and - Tanky-ness
    3. - Attack Speed but + Damage
    4. - Attack Speed but + Damage, combo with - WS and + Tanky-ness
    5. Items with and increase in 3 aspect, or major increase in 2, should come with major drawback on the another

When we look at current items, very few gears actually follows the above balancing rules, thus obviously making damage of melee items op af. It also limits the build options making the only viable weapons to be slow or slower attack speed weapons. And it is incredibly boring to build melee as the options are so limited, and the devs only design them around nerfing their dps with glass-ness. Ofc we can also weave in suggestions like +attack speed with +raw melee and stuff like that. Melee items should also have high skill requirement, but at the same time much more melee items must be added, and i'm not talking about a random unique that adds 10% melee, i'm talking about actual viable items for end game combos, with these two it will force the player to adapt one of the two playstyle of the above, and truly fix melee.

The new nerf on CoI is a good approach, what the game really needs to do to make melee balance without making it plane old boring glass cannon build is to add more options with items closer to the above principles must be added. I'll expand on this in replies and maybe open a separate thread if the responses and discussion proves to be worth it

6. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    So does that image mean, you not believe in a fast moving, Slow Attack Speed Build(like my hit and run build), or a slow moving, Fast Attack Speed Build(basically a insane DPS shredder build)? I believe they should be just as viable too.

Pokextreme likes this.
  7. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    That image means you can combo whatever you want, but the effectiveness of those builds would be lower as it is supported by less gear by design. This is so that gears are less likely to cancel out each other's negative effect to make a ultimate middle ground build

Gigavern and Cosomos like this.
  8. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    @Selvut283 thanks for listening and finding a middle ground on CoI.

9. JackyKit

JackyKit Any gamebreaking glitch founder, fixed by Jumla HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This nerf is everything but cancer!!!
    you know what I mean

Stag2001, TheDollarBill and Chun_ like this.
  10. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I see your point, but I do not believe that either side of the spectrum should suffer for the sake of balance.
    Burst vs DPS
    Speed vs Tankyness
    Melee vs Spell
    To me those should be the trade offs, where Burst vs DPS are not a factor of damage but a choice of preference.

11. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    I have not suggested any "suffer" however it would not make sense if there are combos that people can abuse to create a meta build then we would be going no where with this fix. A some sort of drawback either Burst VS DPS or WS vs Tank has to be made. And I have relate these two because both WS and tankyness is extremely essential and especially magnified in melee builds, you will see good melee builds with these element highlighted.

I understand what you're saying with the two parameter being independent of one and other, the reason I have suggested this is to put in wynn's context, you can see + attack speed is often related to dex/agi and speed type gears while - attackspeed often associated with str/def, slow gears and more "solid" element you may say. My suggestion is purely adapting what mechanic is already in the game

Cosomos likes this.
  12. At World's End

At World's End Infamous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Can we all just agree our builds are now screwed?

13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That moment when you use a Very Fast + 2 Atk Speed Weapon in a melee build.

14. At World's End

Minecraft:
    Use clock pants with that lol

15. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No I use Cancer Taurus which is way better.

16. At World's End

Minecraft:
    Why in the world do people use cancer taurus.... Why... It's like killing your melee dmg for +1k raw melee at super-slow speed...

Stag2001 likes this.
  17. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FTFY

18. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1625 at Super Fast. In addition to defense penetration. 50% ws, unorthodox, 282 raw regen, and good HP as well.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you wouldn't try using a Super Slow weapon like Alka and instead use a Very Fast + 2 weapon, you would actually get good dps. It doesn't kill your dps...

Hephaestus and Pokextreme like this.
  20. At World's End

Minecraft:
    But you can just use centipede + COI and do legit 5-6k melee on some weapons ...

Stag2001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.