1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

If You Played Hsb And Quit...

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by MlecznyHuxel99, Oct 1, 2020.

1. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...I can tell you that you did the best possible thing

2. Samsam101

Samsam101 soviet cinfras soviet cinfras soviet cinfras HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hsb is awful
    progression is so unclear that i managed to kill a dragon whilst wearing lapis armor by accident

froge and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  3. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know the progression-based game is bad when progressing doesn't even matter anyways
    Dreadlord Sword is a joke to get compared to the Frozen Scythe and yet Dreadlord deals like twice as much damage as Frozen Scythe does, while also costing even less mana
    It's been 2 months since that awful balance patch happened and it still hasn't been fixed for some reason
    Also, any progression in the game can be skipped in like a week because of money-making methods, just grind pumpkins endlessly for a week and you have already skipped 70% of the game's progression
    Yeah progression and balance are non-existent in that game, they care more about having a new update tagline to add to the server's banner in the server select screen than about making a decent game at this point
    Also they added P2W elements, like, actual P2W elements that benefit the player who buys them exclusively, Wynncraft's bombs and Hypixel's network boosters help multiple people at least, skyblock gems are far scummier than any of the previous 2 I mentioned, you cannot get global/world/regional boosts from these, only stuff that will benefit you and only you exclusively unless you decide to donate it to charity or something

You can say whatever the fuck about "But they did it to make more content", the current content they have is not even close to decent to begin with, they failed hard at balancing three weapons with abysmally different production costs, they keep adding a new videogame genre to the game with every single content update and don't connect it at all with the rest of the content, they keep nerfing anything that isn't melee and when melee guys deal 7M to dragons in 5 seconds that is apparently balanced, the community is... well, it is Hypixel's, one hell of a shithole with a few exceptions, they also have some bias towards youtubers, which would be fine if they were sensible about it, but I mean, I guess it is too much effort to open a private server for the youtuber instead of kicking out 60 players just because the youtuber said he wanted to slap dragon alone
    And many, many more issues
    they don't need more content, they need to do quality assurance checks

4. PupLord

PupLord Travelled Adventurer

Hsb admins are shit, ive been trying to get forum banned on the hypixel forums for like 2-3 weeks but the mods dont seem to notice my posts :o time to get more popular

5. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the weird thing is that hsb players say that fs is better because PiErCinG

6. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Piercing can make it better in certain situations and is definitely better than a simple AoE
    But it is such a situational trait that it isn't enough to match thrice as much DPS

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  7. Jerry4President

Jerry4President Travelled Adventurer

no

8. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    yes

MlecznyHuxel99 and TrapinchO like this.
  9. BunnyTheRabbit

BunnyTheRabbit Travelled Adventurer

I didn't quit, I just play Wynn more.

also is necroing a bad thing bc it seems like most threads here a necroed

10. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Help the wiki! VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes it is (the limit is 1 month)

11. Samsam101

Samsam101 soviet cinfras soviet cinfras soviet cinfras HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I forgot to mention earlier that the ID system in HSB is even more unclear than the Wynncraft one. At least I have somewhat of an understanding of Wynncraft IDs, but HSB IDs are confusing. I sometimes go back to HSB to see what's new and get bored because the non-existent progression makes zero sense. The reason? The IDs. If the IDs in HSB were like Wynn's ID system I'd probably not be done on there with boredom but instead because I'd have done everything I wanted to do. Instead, I end up trying to grind and then getting bored which results in me heading to Wynn instead.