1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Ideas For Tome Slot Requirements Because The Current Ones Dont Make Sense At All And Why

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by HardcoreChan, Apr 24, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you agree with the ideas in this thread?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No (feel free to state why below)

15.4%
  3. Partially agree (yet again, be free to say why below)

38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardcoreChan

HardcoreChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HardcoreChan at it again with nother rant about tome slot requirements
    (first one is here https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...it-could-be-changed-99-agree-37-votes.285122/ )
    But unlike last time where i just jumbled around the current requirements so that they'd make more sense towards the slot they unlock, i put in some effort and came up with my own requirements, first off, i wanna list what i based myself in when i made the requirements, some tomes should be unlocked after important ingame events, just like you unlock tomes themselves my finishing the worm holes quest and doing nest of the grootslangs, a similar design should be kept and as you do important things (such as starting the realm of light questline and such) but maybe not for like gathering tomes or slaying
    Temple of Legends is not an important ingame event because temple of legends sucks
    Weapon Mastery
    -req 1: Nest of The Grootslangs raid completion
    -req 2: Max lvl/300
    Gathering Mastery
    -req 1: Guild Wars/10
    -req 2: Visit Houses/8
    Dungeoneering Mastery
    -req 1: Spend emeralds in trade market/32.000
    -req 2: Temple of Legends quest completion
    Slaying Mastery
    -req 1: Loot chests/200
    -req 2: Find discoveries/300
    Guild Mastery
    -req 1: Raid completion/15
    Armour Mastery
    -req 1: Find secret discoveries/25
    -req 2: Quest completion/50
    -req 3: Mob Kills/10.000
    -req 4: Unique dungeons completion/12
    Now with it all out of the way, the requirements i came up with
    Weapon Mastery
    -req 1: beat nest of the grootslangs
    -req 2: beat the nexus of light
    Armour Mastery
    -req 1: beat the canyon colossus
    -req 2: complete the eldritch outlook
    -req 3: Quest completion/50
    -req 4: Raid completion/10
    Gathering Mastery
    -req 1: max lvl 300
    -req 2: gather 400 materials of any kind (aka mine 400 nodes of any proffesion)
    Dungeoneering Mastery
    -req 1: complete 12 unique dungeons
    -req 2: complete 4 corrupted dungeons in a row without dying
    Slaying Mastery
    -req 1: Mob Kills/10000
    -req 2: Defeat the Tower of Ascension
    Guild Mastery
    -req 1: 15 guild wars
    And lastly
    Now as for the part that explains why i, and many other people think tome slot requirements are pretty nonsensical, first off the main reason as to why is because the tasks you are supposed to do to unlock the slots dont relate at all towards what the tome that goes in that slot is, for example and the pretty much most hated tome slot requirement, max lvl 300 for weapon mastery, fairly self explanatory, after getting lvl 100 you are forced to get a whole 200 lvls of profs, which may not seem like a ton to proffers but to most of the people that dont wanna do profs or the ones that actively want to get away from them, yes really obnoxious to be forced to do profs if you want that extra dmg, or the benefits that the tomes themselves give, which are really useful in the end, and max lvl 300 doesnt make sense because being able to mine gold and granite would higly likely not make you a better swordsman, and this slot of lvl 80, so in reality we should be doing 220 prof lvls, which is just awful, as for the other ones a similar issue applies, finding secret discoveries, spending 8LE in the trade market, looting chests, none of these make sense towards what the tome is, which is mainly the core problem with the requirements, and the only excuse the ct used for this is that they encourage us to do other stuff that benefits other areas, such as profs benefitting damage and lootrunning benefitting your exp gain when killing mobs, but it just comes as forced, the idea of the requirements is that you would gradually do them along your class when youre doing all the quests but most of the time you have to go out of your way to grind 220 lvls of profs, do 25 secret discoveries, and so forth, hence why most people think this is flawed and could use some touching
    (aside is not like switching around some values is the hardest thing to do, redoing tome requirements is not a herculean, galactic task)
    and with that i would have touched all the points i wanted to bring up with tome slot requirements, thanks for reading, and if you have any feedback you could give i would be glad if you posted it below so i can switch around things.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    The requirements for the slots are to incentivise exploring different aspects of the game. The reason the requirements don't sync up with the kind of tome is specifically to disincentivise you from just doing one thing.

Also
    All endgame let's not have NotG armor tomes remain useless for the majority of playtime.

Toaster likes this.
  3. HardcoreChan

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good point, ill change that up so that you can actually use them
    and another thing, yes i know that it is supposed to discentivize you from doing 1 thing, but that still doesnt change the fact that farming 200 prof lvls will make you wanna get all your profs to 110 in every single class, or that looting 200 chests will make you use every class to lootrun, it will likely just heavily annoy you and instantly make you move on as soon as you hit the goal, so it isnt really effective, i want to do raids, but having to go out of my way to mine a thousand ore nodes and open up chests for 20 minutes if i want to even benefit from doing raids really brings it down for me

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shouldn’t this be in general suggestions?

Potatomancer and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  5. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    Might be a bit of a free interpretation of what you said, but it seems like the biggest problem you have with the current requirements is that it's tedious to do on several classes. This I agree with.

Changing the requirements so that it no longer incentivises exploring different aspects of the game than the tome slot you're trying to unlock takes away the whole reason for tomes to exist in the first place. Having said that, I do agree that the way tome slot requirements work are not great for the replayability.
    The solution, in my eyes, would be to have tome slots be unlocked for each non-ironman class if you meet the requirements in one. Perhaps with a level requirement that still would need to be met. This both does not take away from making people explore more aspects of the game, and allows for better replayability because you can just not do the things you didn't like doing the first time.

6. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    change the war count one to war you actually win please, cause at the moment all you need to do is die 10 times on a terr in a row and you've got yourself the tome slot .-.

+ it would promote challenging map holders, even if its just for 10 wars

7. Hobbes_

Hobbes_ 32 Mythics found. 32nd, Inferno #2

Minecraft:
    Noone wants to beg to join a guild only to leave minutes later or try (and probably fail) for hours to solo wars for a tome slot

8. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    then make your own guild,very low terrs can be soloed using morph and a common weapon lmao

crazydeadpool247 and dr_carlos like this.
  9. HardcoreChan

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it wouldnt be prefferable to waste 20 LE for a single tome slot

Hobbes_ likes this.
  10. Mollyy

Mollyy Gacha Fanatic and Galaxy Devourer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Without an HQ you can do 1 war at a time for free

11. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    making a guild is 20 le

12. Mollyy

Mollyy Gacha Fanatic and Galaxy Devourer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am dumb as fk.

HardcoreChan likes this.
  13. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well then just join a public guild and ask to war, still I believe having a tome dedicated to won guild wars is a good promotion to warring and challenging a stale mega alliance establishing itself on the map for a year

14. HardcoreChan

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    may delete this thread or ask a mod to lock it cuz ive just been confirmed by the (cow)man in the pants that tome slot requirements wont be changed in the slightest, ever
    a shame tbh but eh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.