1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I Wish Grian Made Videos On His Server :(

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by jroo312188, Jun 29, 2020.

1. jroo312188

jroo312188 Travelled Adventurer

Once Hermitcraft ends, (inevitably, I guess) I really hope that Grian becomes more active on HIS OWN server. Maybe even make a few videos!

Take, gigi2oo2, ReneCZ and 3 others like this.
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 please add a quest in the gavel corrupted village HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, this isn't Grian's server. He does have his own server, but I think it shut down. every time i tried to play it, it was listed as an invalied IP or something...

This is actually Salted's server. Grian is the builder and Jumla is the coder (i think)

I would certainly like to see Grian make a series with Mumbo Jumbo or somebody (because not gonna lie it would be pretty boring with one person) in Wynncraft at some point. Grian has an endgame save file, so I see it likely that he would make a new save file.

If i could envision this alleged series, it would likely include update teasers and would be in a special private wynncraft server.

It goes without saying that I would watch every episode.

Hermitcraft won't end any time soon, but I still see Grian as able to play the server. It would affect his upload schedule and possibly update schedules for the server too. He would spend time not making build tutorials and hermitcraft as much, and updates may be slower if he records Wynncraft often.

I would love to see a wynncraft series, and Grian's video where he plays wynncraft with some friends was pretty good. I can't recall if that was what drew me to this server. I think it was.

3. Derecho Drifter

Derecho Drifter Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    I mean he already doesn't

4. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The reason for it makes a lot of sense: it's not what his followers wants to see. These big youtubers may look invincible at the top but in reality everyone is chained by the rules of YouTube, and YouTube says: make content your fans want to see and bring them back to the website regularly. If you don't, it will stop recommending your stuff as much and you will gradually die out. He still helps promote Wynn every so often by showing it in a hermitcraft video, one of the least disruptive way he found to show off the server.

5. ILikeCola77

ILikeCola77 One day I will be rich HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Salted is the legal owner, Jumla and Grian CO-OWN it
    i think so but i'm not sure

MegaCoquin and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  6. Sunshine_Sammy

Sunshine_Sammy Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    To be honest, I used to really like Grian's channel alot but if you look at like the past few years of stuff, its only hermitcraft. I thinks its funny how when talking to other people with similar thoughts how is audience has completely changed, i think. No building stuff or tips or anything.

7. Bowajility

Bowajility Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It's sort of like what Salted said. You have to go with the wishes of your channel, or you will become obsolete. While it would be nice to get a few building tips, his audience has changed a LOT since those building tips videos. He started Hermitcraft, and his audience grew exponentially. Think: if you spend all your time making building videos, with boring channel growth. Then you make another genre/style of video, and your channel blows up. Which would you continue to make? (Assume that this is your job, your main source of money).

8. Sunshine_Sammy

Sunshine_Sammy Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah I completely understand that, heck who wouldn't want more money. I meant no offence or anything, but i was looking at it from the perspective of his old audience compared to the new,

Bowajility and eggwrap like this.
  9. ILikeCola77

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He could make a second channel and post other videos there. It wouldn't affect popularity of his main channel and to keep the second channel alive he would just have to remind everyone that that channel exists in every hermitcraft video. However, the issue is... time. He posts a hermitcraft video every few days and he has to record it, which takes a lot of time since his videos contain a lot of timelapses, then he has to edit it, render it and finally publish it.

Red-Eyed Knight, Geag, Aya and 3 others like this.
  10. NeutralDensity

NeutralDensity Ragni rabble-rouser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You hit the nail on the head! Very few YouTubers are able to pull off a second channel unless they have another person (or even an entire team) working behind the scenes to share the workload.
    Something I would love to see is for some Wynncraft players to find a way to make high quality content that would bring people to the server (not saying that creators like Olinus10, Turbostratus, Rene and others aren't good, but they tend to focus on the established community vs advertising to the Minecraft community as a whole)

11. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP

Minecraft:
    He already does! It's called Two Much Grian. He uploads on it every so often.

12. ILikeCola77

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know, but he doesn't upload build tips and such.

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  13. NeutralDensity

NeutralDensity Ragni rabble-rouser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's true! I forgot about it lol, I think the main thing he posts on there is highlights from episodes of Hermitcraft (which are stinkin' hilarious)