Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I need some help

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SmedgeRt, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because they’re cringe, that’s why you should bully them

Elytry likes this.
  2. SmedgeRt

SmedgeRt Travelled Adventurer

This thing reads like an episode of awful archeology without being awful or being (at least irl) archeology
    The lore went so hard given how little evidence you had to work with
    Also its fun to see an entire civilization commit the magic equivalent of fallout new Vegas
    And now can I understand what is this portal event

3. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think i know what portal event you are talking about.

In the quest Aldorei Secret part 2, it is revealed that the corruption portal mentioned earlier in this thread wasn't opened by chance. The council of elves, back in 0 AP, 1000 years ago, decided to cut down the giant tree, the guardian of the forest. They thought this was what Orphion wanted them to do, but it was a huge mistake. Cutting it down opened a Light Portal, which led to the Realm of Light, and you can still go there today through the portal in the stump of the tree. However, the energy from this also opened every other dormant portal in the world, so at the exact same time the Corruption/Realm of War portal opened in the emerald mine in wynn, and also the Darkness Portal/Dern Portal opened in a dark area now called the Silent Expanse.

4. SmedgeRt

what do i have to say to every action there is a reaction and if a portal of light opened there sure will be a portal of darkness
    the universe keeps itself balanced

5. SmedgeRt

Thx for every piece of help
    It was a fun experience talking to you all
    I have reached the final bits of research I need for my post, and I entered the early typing phase
    I'll login the game around tomorrow to see stuff for my self
    The topic I'll be tackling in general is "how to make a healthy progression" including parts of the lore and all
    And to pay respects to you all I'll type this point in a style close to this post (because it's fun and reflects the dedication of this community)
    Any questions on hypixel feel free to check our forums or hit me up in-game my ign is Iomor
    Thx again for everything guys loved every second of this

hmtn and DrGREEN like this.
  6. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    make sure to post the link to the hypixel thread! I am so excited to see how it comes out!

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Note that the community might have lore details wrong, and thus the info they feed you isn't always correct.

hmtn likes this.
  8. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    True, but the broadstrokes are correct, and it doesnt matter that much
    (also, we as a community will value what is said in dialogue over retcons you tell us on the forums/discord, so we are trying to be more accurate to the game than to your opinions on ambiguous stuff i.e the number of realms of influence)

9. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Given that Wynn is as large and has as much content as it does, and updating quests can take a good deal of time, there will invariably be outdated content that persists a good bit after it is made public that it isn't canon. A lot of older stuff that was made with no regard for a cohesive story from initial gavel and pre-gavel being the main culprits. Pre 2.1, there was dialogue in the game mentioning "nether", despite it not being canon for 6 years.

What a weird random jab

10. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it was an example, and my point is when there is AMBIGUITY in the lore, it is fine for the community to have differing opinions. I believe that the number of realms of influence is a good example of lore that is ambiguous, and we can interpret it how we choose. I admit that I was a little too agressive though

11. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There certainly is ambiguity in a lot of regards, often very intentionally, but the example you chose wasn't intentional ambiguity.

12. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    why *cant* there be more realms of influence. Nature and technology could be some, with the state of corkus being a result

13. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's just not how Realms of Influence work at all.

14. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, but that was just an example i came up with in literally 6 seconds, my point is that there is no reason to limit creativity. I will not argue anymore because its unrelated to the thread lol

15. SmedgeRt

Well after playing a bit more on wynncraft I can basically put some notes
    1. It's fun, very different from Skyblock, mainly it's slower, and I mean kinda both progression and movement and it's a good change of pace
    2. The texture pack cutscenes and the music go hard
    3. The lobby chats prefer to stay silent
    4. An easy to understand skill/ability point system
    5. I got lost like 5 different times in one day lmao
    6. And I say this a decent vault hunters player the unidentified loot colors trip me as I am used used to gray>blue>yellow>pink/purple>green while you guys have (green in its own league) and from what I got yellow>pink>blue
    7. The game is very early game friendly with the progression and the easy to understand menus
    8. Loot on the other hand can be confusing but I guess it's a learn over time skill
    After a day of play I unlocked the level 24 dungeon and trying to find equipment and armor that help me build around intelligence and dexterity and it helps that basic attack of the wand works like the LCM play style from hypixel so I got some muscle memory there
    Until I gather enough data you'll see me online from time to time

16. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Movement will get faster later
    Sometimes
    We have white>yellow>pink>blue>red>purple

Elysium_ likes this.
  17. SmedgeRt

ye i pretty much never use the dropped whites so i skipped them
    so a quick update
    after going on a after school reward vacation i got back into the server and played for a while in short here is what i did
    on logging in i found out what a daily quest is (skipped that day as i had dungeons)
    gone exploring some orange quest (mini dungeons ? caverns)
    reached selchar and mage island swimming for some reason
    still getting lost lmao
    started getting caught up with the story quests while (yes still over leveled)
    made it to the desert and basically combat 40
    got a legendary wand that compliments my intelligence dexterity aimed build (deltas something idk) with decent armors that help it (notably a morph ring 2 adventurer pieces and 2 legendary random sets) so I average 1.5k damage on meteor (between water lightning and earth an neutral)
    getting destroyed by a cow in the bovine quest
    still haven't attempted the underworld dungeon again but at this combat and build I might pull something off
    finally starting to get used to the combat system
    while the next update might take me a while or the level i set as enough to judge (60~70) will not be enough to try everything it will be enough
    and please dont ping me on the rekindled update as it might revolutionize the game but i wont go too deep into it
    misused powders twice (once on the wrong weapon powdered and the other time got a 2 slot weapon 2 different powders on level 5 as there is no specification they need to the same type)
    still no clue how effective crafting works
    and whos idea to make a t6 poweder require 4^5 tier one powders or 1024
    (those last points are a bit personal and didnt reach the same importance as the rest, also nick is a cool guy)

18. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    making npc posters since 2024
    coolguy.png

19. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well you're not supposed to combine a bunch of tier 1 powders like that, later on chests and raids give tons of tiers 4+ powders, so there is absolutely no shortage.

20. SmedgeRt

fair enough its a similar but different to the gemstones we have
    btw how is rekindled
    also good news we reach the final typing process i finished my drafts (ik i am only at the snow village only but i need a general idea)