1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I need some help

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SmedgeRt, Jul 2, 2024.

1. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    GG, don't think I ever got something good out of it. Even the amount of emeralds is quite pitiful.

2. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah 100 something emeralds, not even 2 eb for completing a dungeon

TrapinchO likes this.
  3. SmedgeRt

SmedgeRt Travelled Adventurer

quite interesting, consumables and items come in all shapes and sizes across all media, but you know the game better I guess.
    ohh its reduce and i thought its increases
    again more games need damage that scales with defense as tanks always fall under this problem
    ingredients dont interact with individual abilities but i am sure there there items that interact with abilities
    so these "item rains" give you a chance for rarer item
    speaking of rare items what are the most sought after dungeon/raid drops

4. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    definitely mythic items, which are incredibly rare and powerful items with usually interesting (and useful!) gimmicks
    Before lootruns were added as a built in game mechanic, mythics had no specific method from which to obtain them, so its way healthier for the game to have them obtainable as they are currently
    other items of note: corkian augments, which allow you to improve the random rolls items have. tomes, which are raid exclusive and give stat buffs to the player independent to their other items. there's likely others im forgetting
    eh not really, mythics have a very, VERY low chance(0.0007% from any drop or so) of appearing anywhere and people remember if they pop up somewhere funny
    something worth mentioning that no one else has so far is the texture pack and custom music! i know hsb has music too(the wynn composers and hsb composer(s?) are actually decent friends from what ive seen online) but the amount of music wynn has is honestly insane, with custom music for every area in the game. the texture pack is pretty neat too, and definitely gives wynn a lot of its charm. I do think that this could very well be a feature in hsb in the future as that game would benefit from it too

5. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yep, there are lots of normal items that interact with class-specific abilities (usually weapons). Most often, this is done through spell cost reduction (less mana to cast the spell). Other times (and only in items of Legendary Tier or above), they are given Major Identifications. (These are special, usually one-off or two-off abilities that exist for a specific niche or general wackiness.)

6. SmedgeRt

could you elaborate on the gimmicks (or atleast the popular ones)?
    definitely saw that even i use the closest thing to a wynncraftian texture pack when playing SB (furfsky knocks it out of the park)
    i have some songs by shinkonet on my music list "blockjitsu, fire cracken, dungeon drama beta..etc) its fun to so people be creative with the music for a video game in a video game lmao
    like you might be chilling and kill a chicken and suddenly drop the "dragon slayer destroyer of realms" type of random or opened a raid chest and i got the grimtrap (used the item provided previously by elytry)

7. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    The former is definitely more memorable. By the way, people were farming mythics from destroyable pots (they have a tiny chance to drop an emerald an much tinier one to drop an item).

You can get them basically by any mean - killing a mob, opening a loot chest, opening a raid chest, its just very unlikely.

8. SmedgeRt

kinda like the new trial chambers?

9. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    the pots? very, very heavily kinda
    they are decorations and are practically everywhere

10. SmedgeRt

so they give emeralds and armor/weapons right?

11. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Rarely, it’s just an extra little thing. It’s not an efficient source of items

TrapinchO likes this.
  12. SmedgeRt

so the main source of item is end run loot (even for a hypixel skyblock player that seems odd as we have armor essence and sometimes even accessories from the clear)?

13. DrGREEN

Minecraft:
    Looting chests and killing mobs, exploring caves, etc

14. SmedgeRt

does the rarity scale with dungeon and/or mob level or difficulty or is it 100% random or some other form of random i dont understand

15. DrGREEN

Minecraft:
    You will get around the same level loot as the content that you complete. It has the same rarity chance. Although some content gives different rewards, like lootrunning end reward giving you a better mythic chance if you do the necessary challenges

most of this stuff makes more sense when you play it for yourself

16. SmedgeRt

yeah sure is
    elaborate on these challenges please

17. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

I may be of the unpopular side of opinions here but I really don't like supplying new players (some haven't even joining the game yet) with just truckloads of information about in-depth game content and the like and would rather just ask them to play and learn in-game as they progress

18. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    1. they can't access PC
    2. they are not a "new" player but someone who is trying to get to know the system in-depth and analyze it
    3. of course, if they could, they should play the game

hmtn likes this.
  19. DrGREEN

Minecraft:
  20. SmedgeRt

on one hand this a very respectable opinion and i respect that
    on the other hand i dont want to discover the limits of my 8 yo pc as it might just explode (it already overheats with normal minecraft)
    sure ill try it but once I give it to a technician (note i copy paste the a with CTRL C an CTRL V my pc and left shift is broken its that bad)
    completly valid opinion sir thanks for your time