1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I Dunno... Is It Just Me... Or... Huh?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Ednitas, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Ednitas

Ednitas The Overshadowed

Minecraft:
    I dunno, is it just me... or people are actually toxic about the vote? Even after it is already done?

Ummm... I'm ina Minecraft Facebook Group and people are actually split into two factions... and they literally biting against each other with maximum toxicity and hatred...
    It just gets worse day by day!

How much worse could the Minecraft Community get?

Me: WOW, that's a lot of hate post!

2. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To be fair
    Glow squid sounds completely useless, it better drop something good or we just voted for yet another useless mob that either adds nothing or makes the game more annoying (cough, whoever voted for phantoms, I hope you suffer a painful death and get tortured infinitely in hell)
    We could have had flower farms with mooblooms or a new enemy that could make map making and ice biomes more interesting and dangerous, but nah, people had to vote the useless squid

Sunshine_Sammy likes this.
  3. Red-Eyed Knight

Red-Eyed Knight Evil goat reverend HERO

Minecraft:
    Just gonna quote myself here
    Also also the vote determined what mob would absolutely 100% get added next update. The Moobloom isn't guaranteed to never get added in the future.
    The least we can do is not split the Wynn community in half as well

4. Blizzard102030

Blizzard102030 Knight of Therok's Ice

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Iceologer should've won. People thought that the glow squid would be a moving light source, which it's not, and also put people into a transe, which it doesn't, and all of the rest of the community are toxic to them because they already knew it wasn't.

And also I'm toxic about it too WE ARE NEVER GOING TO GET ICEOLOGERS NOW.

My friends both wanted moobloom. And then they voted glow squid.

I am disappointed in them.

5. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    THE SQUID IS SHINY

quin tesser, starx280, Aya and 4 others like this.
  6. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm personally in favor of more atmospheric mobs, so obviously I think it's cool, but like, why does anyone really care? Seriously people, it's just a random, useless new mob in a game. Just like any of the others.

Bwitty03 likes this.
  7. 0ryx

0ryx someday the shoutbox will return

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    because your opinion wrong, my opinion good

8. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We could have had Theorick Pillager or Flower Cow but I guess people like shiny squidward

Ellphant, Samsam101 and Jbip like this.
  9. Red-Eyed Knight

Minecraft:
    We got the Majestic Cave Squid, as seen in Shattered Minds

Ellphant, fishcute and starx280 like this.
  10. Samsam101

Samsam101 please add a quest in the gavel corrupted village HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem with this year's vote is that it was sort of unfair for the other mobs. Unlike past votes, the mobs are all different and are reskins of existing ones. It makes sense why they are mere reskins since Mojang has been focusing mostly on Caves and Cliffs instead of holy squidward and piss cow. Iceologer was the best option since it introduces new lore to the game and I'm sure it would have won if people weren't idiots. Now, don't get me wrong. I love all of the options. But the glow squid is just.. useless..
    As Phoenix SC demonstrated, even if the squids did have dynamic lighting (which mojang never said they would, community speculation 1) it wouldn't matter because the water would make it barely visible. They also assumed that they would have hypnosis (which did turn out to be true but community speculation 2) and that it would be useful. However, the glow squid's hypnosis seems more likely to just drown players. Next is the underwater mob excuse, but we got the axlotl so it wasn't even needed. People also thought there would be glowing ink sacs (speculation 3) which might come but we don't know for certain. Some people stretched it too far and assumed that there would be submarines because of Vu appearing in one (speculation 4). I think you see a pattern. Glow squid won because of speculation. Half the things people thought it would bring aren't even coming. Iceolger also had 1 pretty stupid assumtion that it could be used for ice farms. If anything, the Moobloom was the best option because it's the only one that won't physically harm the player.
    TL;DR: The options were awful this year.

I hope that next year Mojang gives us a block vote instead of a mob vote (because who would argue over blocks)

Bart (MC) likes this.
  11. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar

Minecraft:
    Dream and Phil1za 10 char

12. Red-Eyed Knight

Minecraft:
    Sideways slabs > Uncrafter > Enderporter Station
    Enderporter stations are useless, we can already create them in survival, it would be too easy to make Enderporters if they add this
    Uncrafters are pointless as well, just don't craft the item in the first place you idiot
    Meanwhile sideways slabs have been requested for years, I don't know why you can't craft them with the Copper Hammer but that would be the tool to do it with
    ...What do you mean the Enderporter Station won

Next year's vote won't be exempt from disappointment if it's about blocks

creature, WithTheFish and Samsam101 like this.
  13. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The reason this happened so much is probably because Mojang gave almost no information about the new mobs. The videos showed that

Glow squid looks cool and maybe has hypnosis

Moobloom is friends with bees and comes with a slightly different yellow flower

Iceologer attacks you the same as in dungeons

so everyone had to speculate about their other abilities and uses

14. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Just Existing

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, the glow squid's name implying that it glows (which I think it has been confirmed that it doesn't) is probably what won the vote.

15. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    The iceologer would have had a completely new attack type. I don get why people think that every new illager is just a reskin. They all have very different types of attacks and abilities.

Tbh though, I'm too excited about the caves and cliffs update to care about the mob vote. Not to mention skulk sensors.

Ellphant likes this.