1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I Built A House, Please Consider Giving Feedback

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Mac N Cheese Man, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Should I Spend More Long(ish) Time Building More Houses, Or Just Build Cubes Of Wood?

1. Spend time

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Don't spend time

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Hell no, you suck, worse than a dirt cube for a home, don't spend that much wasted time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Offical Member Of The Mac N Cheese Clan

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494902451237945375/531268427721998336/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381519113249619979/531265432649465869/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494902451237945375/531295735661068291/unknown.png

So I built this to see what it would look like, was happy with it, then built it on an island in survival. Please give feedback on how I could improve it, as I'm not all that good at building. Sorry it's in a superflat world, like I said I had to test it. Also sory there are no more angles of it. The last one is of it in survival.

2. Jake112005

Jake112005 The dude with the Bow and Arrow. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A bit too many trapdoors on it.

Mac N Cheese Man likes this.
  3. Mac N Cheese Man

Ok, noted, thank you, anything else? (I wont be able to fix that until around the end of the month, sorry)

4. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Try taking photos at 100 fov, it would help go and explore the photo a bit more. I would rate it 7/10, same issue as before, so many trapdoors....

5. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Feedback, you say!
    Will do!

1. Trapdoors - you’re spamming way too many trapdoors, and they seem to be there simply for the sake of being there. Don’t do that - add stuff with a purpose, it will be easier to do if you follow the next bit of advice,
    2. Shape - the shape is a simple rectangle with a roof. I like that the top half is a bit larger than the bottom, but the overall shape is simple, and therefore hard to detail. You don’t need to even use circles or anything, just try combining different shapes to give it a unique layout. For example, instead of a basic rectangle try having another two smaller rectangles sticking out of it asymmetrically. With a more interesting shape, you have more possibilities for detailing because everything isn’t just flat. Flat surfaces are harder to detail.
    3. The roof - the roof is really simple, I think you should try giving it a different shape - maybe have it lower in one area, maybe a bit of it broke and is patched up, maybe there’s a window sticking out in one area. Whatever you want, but avoid flat roofs.

Otherwise, it actually looks really good! You have a lot of good depth, and it looks cool!
    A final note, I’m not too amazing myself, so take my advice with a grian grain of salt.

6. Mac N Cheese Man

Thank you for the feedback

A Human likes this.
  7. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Queen of 4% loot runs♡ VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty neat house!

I do have to agree that you should try to cut down on the trapdoors. You can try different styles of detailing the walls such as slabs or staircases going perpendicular to the wall... if that makes sense?
    I like that you added some depth to the build with glass panes and overhangs, but you may want to exaggerate the overhang and how far back your windows are set. It kind of depends on the scale you want to go for though. If you go just a tad bigger than what you've got now it can allow for easier decoration and such; namely being able to use different blocks than trapdoors to decorate without it looking chunky. I also like your pillars, but I would replace the spruce planks there with oak or spruce wood log to emphasize them.
    I think your overhang can be smoothed out a bit by placing some upside down cobble stairs under the existing ones. You could try to incorporate some cobble blocks in your roof to give it a more complex shape (as A Human mentioned above).

I don't really have anything else to say, the house looks awesome overall, you've done an awesome job on it! Keep it up! :)