1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I Am A Failure

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by TravusThaSlime, Jan 14, 2021.

?

Should my HIC be revived (please read thread first)

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

4. Other (specified in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnivi

Omnivi Experienced Warchief Crafter CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    bring HIC GAMIMG back salted

2. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #ReviveHisHIC

TravusThaSlime and Ellphant like this.
  3. Valdu

Valdu hello HERO

Minecraft:
    travis you have failed me

TravusThaSlime, _Johku and Nynnf like this.
  4. Nynnf

Nynnf Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What I said but alot better :)

5. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sadge 10char

TravusThaSlime likes this.
  6. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    revive his hich, dying to that dumb bug in PoNR is so infuriating

7. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Only thing that can make me cry besides UP and really good Mac N Cheese right here.

8. Da_Chicken303

Da_Chicken303 The fastest spell spammer in the west VIP+

Minecraft:
    You're not alone

9. Ellphant

Ellphant [they/them] stop and smell the flowers, won't you? HERO

Minecraft:
    #ReviveHisHIC

10. Khan simeoni

Khan simeoni Travelled Adventurer

#ReviveHisHIC

11. Wizconsin

Wizconsin Official Cheese Man VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #GetThisManARevive
    Also my HICH died to a rare mob once, it was only lvl 32 so it must feel terrible to have two endgame HIC's die

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If a HIC class (or for that matter any Hardcore class) dies, it's grayed out for good - even if it is a death to a nasty glitch.

The problem is that it is technically a "refund" of a grayed out status back to active, and due to the strict no refunds policy, it cannot be reinstated. However, after two failures, completing a HIC will definitely feel much more rewarding.

Go down in history as someone who beat HIC? How about going down in history as someone who persevered through two high level challenge fails but still managed to do it in the end, beacuse you didn't quit and powered through the challenge by sheer perseverance? By no means you're a failure because you couldn't beat the challenge. You're only a failure if you give up. So don't give up, no matter what!

13. chryssie

chryssie ultimate cur hater CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you say this as if paying for 2 hic runs worth of prof bombs only to have both hics die at the end to something that is not intended isnt a waste of money

14. AmbassadorDazz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Purchases are almost never a waste of money. Given that those bombs also helped other players, I wouldn't inherently call this a waste. Effort wasted, yes - money wasted, no.

15. PikaPrince

PikaPrince Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats honestly a pretty weak argument, the intended use for those bombs were for him to do his HICH, from a personal standpoint, he literally lost all the progress he got from using all those bombs. So he wasted both his money and effort at the end of the day...

Realises, one_ood, dr_carlos and 3 others like this.
  16. AmbassadorDazz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Consider this - you bought upwards of 300 bombs (completely random number) to further your progress in HICH, then you get sniped by some dumb BS that doesn't make any sense. But people did benefit from your bombs. Did your money go to waste?

If you ask me, saying that "Travis' class died and the bombs were essential to his progress" is a selfish argument. At the end of the day, the status will not be refunded, nor will the bombs - due to the strict no-refunds policy. Is it a loss? Yes. Is it a net loss for everyone? No, as it is not a complete waste. Bombs benefit the entire server, which is their intended use. Even though he lost HIC, he helped further the progress of other players on the server.

If you're thinking Travis' loss is above everyone else's benefit because while non-challenge classes benefit from it, the one challenge class Travis was running died at the end - then I won't argue. Professions are hard to grind and bombs are almost seen as essential, but if a challenge dies, it is never a waste, because the progress of other challenge runs, if any, are furthered with his help. Shame about the lost bombs and progress, but ultimately, my argument is that he did not waste anything.

Also worth mentioning as a counterthesis to my argument is that in Runescape (a MMORPG that I see as being fairly similar to Wynncraft), for Hardcore accounts, extra lives are available in the event some weird glitch happens/lag decides to be an asshole and the player dies. Can Wynn benefit from this so we don't have classes die to absurd bugs or player negligence/mistake? Probably.

17. 5730dogman

5730dogman Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It's really sad that a player (Regardless of popularity, money spent, etc) can't even get a response from Wynn admins after said player's challenge class dies to a glitch. There is quite literally video proof of the incident happening. As much as I respect the Wynn staff, this isn't just sad. It's fucked up.

I hope everyone is having a nice day! #ThereIsAManAndHisHicNeedsToBeRevived

18. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Screenshot_20210114_153831.jpg
    Screenshot_20210114_153407_com.discord.jpg
    ..Except it's happened at least once before, and while the glitch in question is different (Linny had one of the complete connection denials that Wynn sometimes would have at the time, Travis lost jump boost due to a glitch, killing him), he's fully in the right to ask for one.

Also, let the man be frustrated. He basically funded both of his HIC attempts on his own, and losing a HIC at those levels is just heartwrenching.

You can be very proud of yourself for how far you've gotten, twice over, Travis. Hope this won't be the end.

19. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats a positive pov and while yeah, it's not a complete waste from a utilitaristic viewpoint, lets be grounded. the primary intention why he bought the bombs was for his own advancement, which ended up wasted. i dont know drago personally and im most certainly not moralising him on anything when i say this, but it's two different things buying a cool item for charity and buying yourself a cool item, whose profits happen to go to charity

in short, everything he bought those bombs for went to waste, and he may as well have 0 reason to care for the side effects they brought
    then do it lol

one_ood, FAZu, fishcute and 11 others like this.
  20. PikaPrince

PikaPrince Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am not saying Travis' Loss is above everyone else's benefit. I'm simply stating the fact that, from a personal standpoint, all the time, effort and money Travis spent on levelling his HICH accounts were literally wasted after the glitch. Your argument that "he did not waste anything" is incorrect. Granted, other players probably benefited from all the bombs thrown, but Travis himself lost all the progress to the glitch. Think about the fact that he will likely have to spend even more bombs, and his own time that he wouldn't have actually had to spend in the first place if it weren't for the glitch, to *attempt* to complete a HICH for the 3rd time. Would extra bombs he bought not be a waste from something he should've been able to complete in the first place?

Based on past events, Wynncraft is likely going to not reverse this tragic incident, but what they can do is reinstate a system like you mentioned here, which seems like a very sound solution:
    so something like this won't ever happen to someone else ever again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.