1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How You Discovered Minecraft!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Ninjazzzzzz, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeonBlack

ZeonBlack Sleep, sleep is good.

Guild:
    My Mums Friend Actually Introduced me to Minecraft XD

2. Tundra

Tundra Wynncraft Since 25th of October 2013 VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was at school at computer lesson and I saw someone play a game where he is at a mineshaft, everyone was watching him, his screen was dark and there were spiders, he had a pickaxe and he was mining stuff, I was watching too. That's the first time I saw minecraft, I didn't even know minecraft... I found a game with my brother and I was like I saw this before, it was minecraft! I started playing in creative mode beacuse survival sucked for me and my brother as two casual boys, so I started to create something and here are the two builds that were first made by us. I was actually playing with my brother on the same computer like 10 minutes for me 10 minutes for him because we get on well with eachother and the second pc was broken.
    2016-01-02_16.29.55.png
    ---------------
    This is the first house I have ever made in minecraft! I filled up some chests with golden tools inside the house because we were thinking gold was the best material, even better than diamond! :D
    ---------------
    2016-01-02_16.30.31.png
    ---------------
    And this was the first house that mostly my brother made but I also helped with inside decoration, in this house there were just villagers and beds and a giant dining table for them. As I said in the previous house, gold, we admire gold XD
    ---------------
    I had another build, it was a world with science stuff, such as labs but I don't have screen shots and I can't really replicate it beacuse it was a big ass world and I spent like couple of months on that world and called the world "Scientist".

That is my story! We started back in Beta 1.4 which is a long time if you actually think how versions work, I am not an alpha player but experiencing those old days when making a house made out of diamond blocks was cool, I sometimes think it was more fun those days because we didn't know much but it is always to play with friends and have fun.

-ChangeName

3. cjohno10

cjohno10 Newbie Adventurer

I got Minecraft back in early Beta after a few of my friends expressed interest in it. Here I am almost 5 years later, still enjoying the game. Probably the best $20 I've ever spent.

4. EPdog

EPdog Happy Adventurer :)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I was about 9 my best friend bought Minecraft Pocket Edition. I watched her play and thought it looked quite interesting. I had heard about it, but never really played it. I was instantly hooked, and eventually got Minecraft Pocket Edition for myself. I created heaps of worlds, but as time got on, got a little bored of the variety of blocks. I had watched heaps of youtubers play Minecraft PC Edition, so I knew about all the amazing things you could do! My parents eventually got me Minecraft on our PC. I was SO excited, I played for many endless hours. A few months later, I was surfing the web and found a site that advertised Servers, Skins, Mods and Texture Packs! I got help from some friends and spent all day downloading them! Then a few years later I found a server called Wynncraft... and that's how my adventure began!

5. Fread

Fread Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I watched a Chinese Minecraft gaming video abt 5 years ago.

and i was like "kool game"

6. StickyCinema

StickyCinema Command Blocker

Minecraft:
    I started playing because I can

7. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    To be honest, I really don't know when I started Minecraft. All I know is that I was around 9 years old and I found the Minecraft demo on the website somehow, and I couldn't stop play!
    6 years of pure joy.

Edit: Thanks for making this thread, bringing back some memories <3

8. Kusu~

Kusu~ Obsessed with purple. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Friends told me about Minecraft, then I started to watch Minecraft videos which interested me to download Minecraft.

9. Glitch496

Glitch496 Game Master HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I watched videos on "tour of my Minecraft world," and they inspired me to get Minecraft. I remember the hassle of it because I wanted to get the redeem card instead of buying it online... xD

And to this day I still have no clue why I made my username DeathTom1990...

10. Megan

Megan Queen of the Wybels VIP+

Minecraft:
    I saw some Minecraft Hunger Games videos on YouTube which made me want to get it

11. MyNamesHalo

MyNamesHalo A sarcastic f*ck

My friend, who I'm not friends anymore as we don't contact each other who was like almost twice the age I was (I could of been 10 or 11...idk) showed me the classic version of minecraft on the website, I was weirded out at first but eventually I entertained myself I guess by digging down, breaking, and placing blocks without thought.

Few moths later (I think) I saw videos of the current version and I was interested so I asked my parents to make me an account while I was still using my old "craptop" and idk if I followed a tutorial as I thought I had to spam click blocks to break them instead of holding my mouse button, I also hid underground 2-3 blocks under the world...yeah I was a noob we all were

12. thanks

thanks Well-Known Adventurer

Why did you give so much information about your friend? That was really unnecessary.

Anyways, I found Minecraft via YouTube in around 1.3.2, when the creative menu was just a straight list.

13. Mighty Burger

Mighty Burger voids warranties

1.3.1 (specifically snapshot 12w21b) was the version that brought "tabs" into the creative inventory. You must be thinking of something earlier.

14. ErratioD

ErratioD Queen of Mooshrooms HERO

Minecraft:
    My cousins boyfriend (now husband) showed it to me...I think. It was waaaaay back in Alpha. So it's safe to say it's been a few years. :P

15. thanks

thanks Well-Known Adventurer

Really? Huh, maybe I got in confused with Minecraft on the consoles or something. I'm sure I started around 1.3.2, but the thing about the creative inventory might of been a mix-up.

16. MyNamesHalo

MyNamesHalo A sarcastic f*ck

Got carried away also I guess it wasn't anything important though

17. AscendMC

AscendMC Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It's literally advertised everywhere.

18. DrakeM1

DrakeM1 101 Archer / Made RPRT / Mayor of Tree Island HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My friend (Cyber_Plays) played Minecraft A LOT, and he told me about it. I thought the demo was a lot of fun, so I bought the beta. This was in 2011, one month before the 1.0 release.

19. The_Roberto

The_Roberto Dango daikazoku! ^^

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My friend told me every day to buy Minecraft... and then I tested the demo and I didn't know shit... I just walked around I didn't even know how to make crafting table...
    BUT
    That was enough to get me buy Minecraft XD

20. Luckygamerdx

Luckygamerdx Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I was on the Internet searching for new games that I could play. I saw something called minecraft and I tried it. It was amazing. Bought it without my parents knowing and played. (it was in the alfa) I got bored until the update and they updated further and further.

So that is my story. (Btw I am only 13 years old right know so calculate how old I was when I started)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.