1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How Does The Wynn Team Plan To Handle The Inevitable Overload Of Quests/content?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Cruuk, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ectoplasmaticgoo

ectoplasmaticgoo Gym rat HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I am giving shits to the wrong person. Like, what am I supposed to do then, start a "riot"?
    PMing him will do nothing. He can't just hold back community like that. At least a reason would be nice.

2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Sleepless Staff Member Moderator GM HERO ♪ Music

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The reason he gave me is just that it was "too ghetto for his liking". What he means by that is that it's something we can fix via better means, such as rebalancing instead, or something like that. He didn't go into detail, but that's where we are.

3. BrickBuilder03

BrickBuilder03 A penguin that likes turtles. VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree that nerfs are necessary right now, but I assume that there will be new items sometime in the future.

When those gets implemented instead of doing the very logical: To aim for the balanced spot resulting in 20% being balanced, 40% being too weak and 40% overpowered. Leading to people getting attached to their overpowdered items and then when the inevitable nerf comes get frustrated and have to change their build. Instead of this I think that aiming to make a pretty weak item that you can play test with the whole community and not risk to make it overpowered and need to nerf. Then you can see how the community uses it and change it accordingly.

I actually think that I will make a whole thread about this tomorrow where I can get it more structured.

4. 12nebur27

12nebur27 Avos Air Assassin VIP+

Minecraft:
    Technically thats what happened with the hive armour... it got buffed accordingly and then after a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ppl started thinkikg differently and got into the elemental tank meta and found ways to abuse it. What i am trying to say is that there are always going to have to be nerfs/fixes because once things get buffed after a long time a members thought my twist and change into a different way of thinking and a new way of abusing something. There is absolutely no way we can avoid nerfs as of rn. (I am not against a few buffs such as saggitarius btw :p but that being said the game is already kinda easy af (as long as you dont go into pvp so as long as its just dmg and elemental def nerfs that really shouldnt be too terrible .-. )