1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How Do Item Changes Effect Existing Items?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Invinci, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invinci

    Invinci Discord Invinci#6319 CHAMPION

    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    175
    Trophy Points:
    49
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1.2o is bringing a lot of item changes, and I am curious to know how these changes will affect existing identified items. I am particularly curious about nerfs. For example, if I have have time rift with 74% spell damage (wynntils 93%) will it:
    - get rerolled to a completely random %
    - will the maximum just be lowered, leaving me with wynntls 100%
    - will I have 93% of the new maximum
    or will it do something different entirely?

    If someone knows what happens when a stat is buffed I'd also be interested to know.
     
  2. Wiihacker0

    Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer

    Messages:
    449
    Likes Received:
    274
    Trophy Points:
    70
    Minecraft:
    If I'm not mistaken, it keeps the same percentages of the new maximum. The example TRift would have 93% of the new maximum.
    If a new stat is added, like for example if trift got thorns, I think it'd get the overall percentage of the item for the thorns roll (or it's just random... not too sure on this one)
     
    MlecznyHuxel99, brixt01 and dr_carlos like this.
  3. •WhiteWolf•

    •WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

    Messages:
    1,044
    Likes Received:
    2,182
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Every rollable stat has what is called a "base" and when you roll an item the stats can range from 0.3 to 1.3 times that base, so if an item has 30% spell dmg as a base, the range is 9% - 39% spell damage when rolled. Item changes affect the base of an item but not the roll modifier so if the base gets changed to 20% in this example, 39% (a 100% roll) will become 26%. Since the 0.3 - 1.3 doesn't easily divide into each 1% of the stat here, a 1.27 (or so) base modifer can make 38% become 26% here too. Of note is that a *** roll always means that the modifier is 1.30 (i.e. 1% of possible rolls assuming the system doesn't go to more than 2 dp). In these cases many players may pay more for a *** 100% roll stat than a ** 100% roll stat. if my memory serves me correctly, some ** 100% spell stratis have become <100% roll stratis on beta due to the buff to strati's spell base and hence integer no. of rollable values.
     
    Invinci and btdmaster like this.
  4. Invinci

    Invinci Discord Invinci#6319 CHAMPION

    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    175
    Trophy Points:
    49
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you, that's very helpful. I have always wondered why 100% rolls didn't always have 3 stars.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.