1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Music Hive Air Division Boss Theme

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by hgbrd, May 20, 2020.

?

good?

1. yeah

93.8%
  2. maybe

6.3%
  3. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hgbrd

hgbrd the earth thunder water man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

insert funny and witty comment about the title here

rather than have a specific part be memorable, i was more aiming for this theme to leave a strong impression if anything

hope you enjoy and please give me feedback

2. StinkEyeCookie

StinkEyeCookie Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    lots of trills
    nice

3. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡ VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh man I'm starting to hear Genesis of the End in everything, 1:35
    Sounds great though good work :D

4. hgbrd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    after looking at that one part in genesis of the end, the reason why is likely because they have similar chord progressions

5. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It's things like this that make me wish more bosses had their own theme. Great work. And can we give Antikythera their own battle theme already?

Emogla3 likes this.
  6. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    Woah! this is awesome!
    Much more development than most of your past pieces, it has a lot of different parts that all sound interesting together.
    However, I kinda felt like it was slowly building up to something awesome, then the music just kinda ended.
    I think that if you want to continue working on it, I would just add a bit of a bridge, then have a super cool climax, and then end it after that.
    Right now the ending seems kind of sudden, and it feels like the piece hasn't ended.

Actually, after thinking about it again, you could just use the last 10-20 seconds as your bridge and build something cool on top of that.

EDIT: there are also a few places where the melody is a little all over the place, just going up and down and everywhere. Maybe make that a little bit slower and have less of a "random" feeling.
    Another EDIT: after listening to this a fourth time, I think that the main issue with the melody is that it all feels like one continuous "sentence". I think I know why this happened, usually when you have parts of the piece which are different, you try to tie them together with the melody.
    However, because of how fast your melody is, it feels like you rarely ever have a pause, and imo it makes it sound a little weird.
    You can throw in a quieter part with a "bass solo" (as if i can call it a bass solo :p), or you can use percussion for the transition, you can really do whatever you want. But it feels a little odd to have this very very fast melody just going all over the place tying things together.

IMO most melody "issues" start at around 0:57

Last edited: May 21, 2020 at 9:37 AM
    Corpe _ likes this.
  7. hgbrd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    a lot of this was in an attempt to try and make it representative of the theme itself
    the fight against gale (revamped in the last major update) is one of the fastest paced fights in the game, and overall an extremely intense battle even when compared to other fights considered intense
    i probably could have had more room to incorporate something like a break if i were to extend the song, but i don't expect the fight for most people to actually last much longer than two minutes, so i decided to stop it at that point. looking back though, it was kinda pointless to do that since it's not actually something that would end up going ingame, nor is it a song aimed at being added to the game, so in the near future i think i might go and make some tweaks or add some new parts.

thanks for the feedback!

Corpe _ likes this.
  8. sn0w____

sn0w____ A storm is coming...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Holy shit this is insane

Corpe _ likes this.
  9. Feast_and_famine

Feast_and_famine Traveled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft: