Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Guilds & Industry

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ExRider111Ryan, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
?

On a side note: Should there be a guild ally feature to reduce confusion?

1. Yes, you should be able to ally guilds in game with a command.

63.0%
  2. No, guilds should not have an ally feature in game.

7.4%
  3. Yes, I support the idea about guild 'Industries' below.

48.1%
  4. No, I do not support the idea about guild 'Industries' below.

7.4%
  5. --Please select 2 responses-- Don't select this unless you are really that much of a meme.

40.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExRider111Ryan

ExRider111Ryan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft:
    -Edit: Sorry about the poll, disregard the question and choose 2 answers please (it's 2 polls in one, what more could you ask for!)-

Hello, I was hoping to make guilds more interesting, or more in-depth, so I came up with this idea, I hope you like it, please leave comments below, the more the merrier.

I was thinking we should add industries to Wynncraft that guilds can control. It would be better than just attacking and defending territories in my eyes. Owning parts of industries, shops, or their specific territories could give unique benefits to the guild.
    Some examples of 'industries' so you get a better idea of what I mean;
    • For example, say a guild could own a scroll shop. The idea is that each 'industry' or 'company' a guild owns gives it a special bonus. So in the case of this example, if a guild owned a scroll shop, then everyone in that guild would get a soul point regeneration bonus, considering that using scrolls costs soul points.
    • Giving another example: If a guild owns a portion of the oceans territories, let's say the guild is called FsR for the sake of simplification. If you were to buy a sea sail merchant's boat ticket to somewhere else while in FsR's territory, the purchasing of that ticket would benefit FsR, (Have the guild get some of the emeralds from that purchase, maybe free/discounted tickets for the guild that owns that shop's territory as well, etc...)
    • My last example that (I) can think of would be owning dungeon territories, and getting a portion of the xp and emeralds gained from that dungeon, as well as some other special benefits for the guild, maybe make it free for said guild to tp freely to the dungeon territory in which they own, I don't know, this is why I ask for suggestions (leave one below <3.)
    This is just a basis for the overall idea. I am not sure of an amazingly unique way for a guild to own a shop and only have a few ideas for companies or 'industries' that could be included. That is why I made this super awesome list of topics I hope to get ideas about from people in the comments;
    • Example industries other than the 3 mentioned above
    • Better ways for guilds to obtain shops other than fighting for them like you do already for territories
    • Special guild perks guilds can obtain from owning said 'Industries'
    • Any general ideas you might have to add on to my idea
    But yes thank you for reading, (and possibly considering,) my suggestion.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Kiglass likes this.
  2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    This actually sounds like a well thought out idea! I would say maybe add something so guilds controlling large amounts of territories with specific ‘industries’ as you’re calling them get bonuses when using them based off of how many of those merchants are in their territories.
    For example, the item buyer industry.
    Guild A controls 5 territories with item buyers.
    Guild B controls 7.

Each item buyer in their territory gives an extra 1 emerald to the guild when item buyering items.
    Guild A might get 5 emeralds in their guild bank when they item buter items, but Guild B would get 7.

Anyways, this idea would add more depth to guilds and make people strategize about which territories to get and defend more.

Also, can you add a poll for the suggestion? That way you can see exactly how many people agree and sisagree.

ExRider111Ryan likes this.
  3. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uuhhhhh the dungeon one already exists (FF entrance territory, etc)

also no

alliances (fed/coa) assign territories, and this would make it hell to keep them balanced

4. ExRider111Ryan

ExRider111Ryan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft:
    I don't think it will let me edit the poll's question, please let me know if you know how to change the poll's question.

5. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So basically guilds get a portion of profits from merchants. Discounts at those shops could be interesting as well. Like owning rodoroc means you get discounts on potions, armor, etc. in rodoroc, and if someone buys something there a portion goes to the guild bank.

Aya and ExRider111Ryan like this.
  6. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, let's make csst a terr
    Good idea
    100/10

chopthetree likes this.
  7. ExRider111Ryan

ExRider111Ryan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft:
    The guilds wouldn't simply get 100% xp from csst runs, probably a massive fraction of that, but making csst a terr with nerfed guild xp isn't that bad of an idea, (in my eyes, it could be worked on, just if it was made a thing make it not op lol.)

8. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, it's a bad idea

9. ExRider111Ryan

ExRider111Ryan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft:
    Even if it was made op Tsunderes, everyone would know and there would be insane competition over the territory, making it so guilds would likely not have control over it for long periods of time, negating the fact of it being op, just like how lava lake (The high-level ice farming thing) was and still is to some extent.

10. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then everyone would just war the csst terr and ignore the hundreds of other terrs, allowing the guilds who own them to gradually build up xp and emeralds without worrying about a thing

Theeef likes this.
  11. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    it would be a game of who has the most monet to defend, and who has the most time to camp

12. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Part of the whole point of guilds is that they do not provide any bonuses to the players. This goes against that sentiment, and gives, say, Imperial players an unfair advantage over others.

Though this would be a great idea if it buffed the guild in some way, not the players. (ie if a guild owns a bank, all emeralds earned from territories nearby increases by 1/5)

A Human and Lemon like this.
  13. AussieDragon

AussieDragon Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think if they do add this, that they should make it so you can only have a specific amount max so for example max 5 so that the highest guilds don't just own all of them

14. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    perhaps they'd get an advantage because..

Oh, I don't know, they actually worked for it?

Nah..

also I like the ally command thing that's nice

15. blankman

Minecraft:
    Sure, they worked for it, but in the ebd it would just be the guild with the most active players steamrolling everyone else. That already happens with regular guild wars, and now it's being suggested to give them personal benefits on top of that.

16. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been shown time and time again that a group of guilds can easily wipe out one powerful guild.

Just do that /shrug

17. blankman

Minecraft:
    The larger guild can still hold it for longer. Regardless, it still goes against the idea of guilds because it privides benefits to players based on the success of the guild, which may not even be their fault.

It would also encourage guilds to be more cutthroat on who they recruit/kick so they cqn constantly maintain that personal advantage.

18. TeXCrafter

TeXCrafter Kingdom of Foxes (Page) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Y0u have my votes! Good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.