Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Guild Banks (57+ Supporters)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TrashcanMan, Nov 19, 2015.

?

Would you like to see this added?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    89.6%
  2. Maybe/ Needs work

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

So right now guilds don't benefit the players much at all, the player donates XP and emeralds and gets almost nothing in return. Many people say that guilds are for socializing and meeting new people who may give you stuff, but that isn't really represented in the design of guilds.
    I'd like to suggest a collective guild bank that everybody in the guild can access. It would be located in major cities, probably as a villager. You'd right-click him to access your guild bank, and if you weren't in a guild, you'd just get an error message.
    The guild bank is not a storage space, rather, it's a way for players to share items. If a high-levelled player has some extra armor that they don't want, they can toss it in the guild bank and let some lower-levelled player take it for themselves.
    Hopefully there isn't too much potential for abuse, but there could be a command to give and deny access to the guild bank if such issues arise.

2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, why not? +1support

3. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +1 support, though you should probably make a supporter poll. :)

I'd like to suggest a small addition to your suggestion. Guild owners and chiefs should be able to whitelist, blacklist, and give access based on rank to avoid possible abusing. For example, new recruits would not be able to access the bank until they have earned the recruiter rank. If one of the recruiters were to be abusing the bank, then you could blacklist them from it. Whitelisting would only allow select members to access the bank.

Bebinson, Possumness and Rawb like this.
  4. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I want to support but I can't XD
    Need vote!
    +1 support

5. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    I'll support, I have no guild, but it sounds cool(by the way how does donating xp go?
    +1

6. TrashcanMan

Yeah, if necessary, there could be a /guild bank allow/deny [username] sort of command to prevent abuse.
    Also, thanks for all the support guys!
    And I added a poll so you guys can vote

7. Wickland2

Wickland2 ? VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bump, you got my vote

8. big_fat_bunny

big_fat_bunny Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    +1 support i love it

9. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Nice idea. Id use it if guilds weren't broken and I could leave my Dr appt one XD

10. TrashcanMan

Thanks!
    Haha yeah
    Guilds will be fixed "soon"

11. ClassicCollie

ClassicCollie Wynncraft Assassin VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is an awesome idea! I would love to get things in return for donating to my guild

12. joauu

joauu Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    +1 Best idea ever! I don't know how to access my guild bank tho...

13. Retathrah

Retathrah Retired Nostalgia Hunter, Tired Metalworker CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What make guilds useful for once =3

+1 support and hopes for guilds to be fixed one day

14. Master_NinjasHD

Master_NinjasHD Vertically Challenged HERO

Minecraft:
    +1 Support this is a great idea! You can't get easily trolled, because what you put in the bank is your choice, and you have to be in a guild to use it, so it's a good idea!

15. TrashcanMan

It's not in game yet, it's an idea... Thanks though!
    Thanks!

16. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I support this, but I can see a few problems.

If it's really like a shared enderchest situation, what's stopping someone from filling their inventor(ies)/y with all the loot people have collected and leaving the guild? They'd steal everything the guild has and get away with it.

I have a couple of solutions for this:
    1. Unique banks to each member.

2. Bank "Levels".

Each member would have a bank to their own, in which they could store items. When a person accessed their guild bank, they would have 3 options: 1. Access your own bank. 2. Trade with other players. 3. Access someone else's bank.

Option 1 would allow them to access their own bank as normal.
    Option 2 would allow them to give their items to other players.
    Option 3 would allow them to view other guild member's banks.

When viewing another guild members bank, a player would be able to see what items they have stored, and would be able to click on them to send a trade request. This would send a "Notification" to the owner of the bank that would appear as a piece of paper in their "Trade with other players" section. This would say the name of the player and what item they want. When the player clicks on the paper, they can choose to accept or deny it, or make an offer.

Say Person 1 has Bob's Mythic Bow in their bank, and Person 2 has 10 LE in their bank. Person 2 wishes to have Person 1's Bow, and Person 1 asks for 4 LE. Person 1 does this by clicking on the "Offer" option in the notification, which takes them to Person 2's bank, and clicking on the LE 4 times. Person 2 would then receive a notification where they could choose to accept or cancel the trade.

If accept is clicked, then the person will receive the item they want, whilst if deny is clicked, the person will receive a notification that it was denied.

While this system is complex, it prevents players from swooping in and stealing all the items. Though I do have a simpler system that's closer to your idea:

Each bank would have up to 3 "Levels" that a player can access. These would be 3 separate banks for the guild to put things into. A player would have access to a new level depending on their rank (Rank/Level set by the leader). A Level 1 could not access a Level 3, whilst a Level 3 could access Level 3 and below. This would mean that the newer players could only access a lower level bank, which people wouldn't store valuables in, and the more trusted players could use the bank as you proposed.

Then again, there could also be a system that tracks who took what from the bank, and there could be a soft limit as to how many items a player could take; taking all the items would be illegal and could warrant a ban, using the item log as proof.

creature likes this.
  17. gadfskhj

gadfskhj Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    +1 Support

18. TrashcanMan

That's why there's a whitelist/blacklist system for the bank, the leaders can choose to block certain players from accessing it until they feel that the players are trustworthy.

19. DarkDemonDragon

DarkDemonDragon Sorta Veteran

Minecraft:
    I think to prevent abuse only Recruiters or above can access the bank. Also, are there any restrictions with the Guild Bank like not being able to put Quest items in it?

20. TrashcanMan

I think it might just be better to have a whitelist command so the guild leaders can decide who is trustworthy. Also you wouldn't be able to put in any Quest or Untradeable items, just like with regular banks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.