1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    I loot some food in decent condition from the ruins before heading out to the pass.

2. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I dunno man. I dunno. All I know is that I'm going somewhere and that I'm watching over this grave for the time being."

3. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You semi-bravely retreat with haste, barely outrunning the man. After about 20 feet, he trips on some timber and faceplants into a bonfire. His screams would wake the town if the town wasn't busy also screaming/dying/evacuating just as loudly.

Bandanna Lady: "Get up. We're goin' into dangerous territory an' it would be so much easier with a primary caster. If only we had one that was actually useful and didn't spend all their time say, asleep, or whinin'."

You find food off of a corpse easily enough before proceeding out through the west side of town. You see stuff ranging from regular looting, running, an elf dude in a knife fight with another guy, a massive lizardman throwing around commoners, and a bunch of cultists in a massive team fight against a legion of adventurers outside the burning remains of a tavern. Plus the agonizing screams of the populace that hasn't evacuated yet. It's really only the looters left.

Exiting town, things seem much more peaceful. A large crowd is working their way up into the hills to the west, taking what looks like a well trodden path ever upward.

Man: "Huh. This would probably be the part where point out the high chance of you being a spy or whatever, but there's still the part where you're apparently friends with our organization's enemy #1. You still haven't denied that."

Fayuma and the wizard will hopefully follow later. For now, you and your makeshift, probably-evil crew walk up the stairs, with the first thing you see on the second floor being a guy in a white and light blue coat stab a lance made out of ice through some large muscular guy.

what

I'm assuming that means you're leaving. Welp, ok then.

4. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't say because I don't know who you are.

5. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    All I know I'm helping to kill someone thats slaughtering their troops so I shoot a fire bolt at the guy with the lance

6. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "It would be grand, wouldn't it." Eradius says sarcasticlly.
    I go with her.

7. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I sneak towards the crowd.

8. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Alright then, there's only one way out of this mess."

I turn and run as fast as I can away from the village

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm officially on winter break now, so enjoy me responding more frequently for the next week-ish.

Man: "I'm Mitzm Aairm, high-ranking assassin of the Greater Imperial Mercenary Forces. Answer the question."

Your fire bolt streaks towards him, tearing straight through the thin ice wall that he'd barely begun making. You deal 7 damage straight through him. He collapses in pain, angrily shouting out the whole time.

Ice Mage: "Wait what? Why am I being shot at!?!? I killed the damn interloper!"

She takes out a large quarterstaff and jumps out of the cart, followed soon by you. As you look out, you notice where you are.

You're back at that damn tower.

Sneaking is rather hard on an open plain, but you give your best effort regardless. A few minutes later, you've seamlessly placed yourself within the crowd of refugees.

You run on the path out of the town as fast as you can, seeing a forest about half a mile ahead. A forest? Forests are good.

10. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I stay with the refugees and follow them, being careful to not let my stuff get stolen.

11. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This turns out to be rather easy, as the majority of the looters are still back in town. The pass really begins at this point, the hills growing taller and taller around you. As you ascend a final hill before going down on the other side, you're offered your first view of this "Kyre Valley".

It's huge, 2-3X the size of Eood. It's shaped more overtly like a square, and there are a few small villages located on the edges. On the far side of the valley, about 2 miles away, you can see the remains of a huge mine, looking like it was abandoned in some huge catastrophe. Ships sail down the river, which opens up a few hundred feet south of you, sailing on to what looks to be a proper city, with massive walls as well. The bloodwood covers a small bit of the northern end of the valley before steeply turning upwards, with the rest of the border being a fertile plain, leading northwards to places you do not know.
    (Added Kyre valley to "Maps" Section)

12. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I stay with the group and keep doing what I'm doing, trying to see their destination.

13. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The group slowly makes its way down from the pass, stopping at a small collection of houses a small way into the valley. It's here that most of the group decides to sit and have a breather, while another chunk continues on. The destination of the smaller group appears to be that huge city.

14. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I continue on with the moving group.

15. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Forests are good, but they could also catch fire. I hope there's a river in there.

I run towards the forest

16. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Also, what time is it?

17. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I stop and ask one of the men in my crew
    Dez:"Wait is he the intruder or am I killing the wrong guy?"

18. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Oh, for fucks sake!" I yell in annoyance; and I keep following the bandana lady.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  19. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I tell him about the events that have occurred in the manor and the Riverthrone.

So, if you are here to re-install a puppet government controlled by the cultists, you indeed are my enemy.

However, if you are here to do otherwise, you are likely my ally.

20. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ~4-5 P.M. I say 4-5 because you're quite a bit ahead of everyone right now in terms of time.
    The moving group, reduced to about 50 people, starts the trek down towards the city. By the time you reach it around 1/2 an hour later, the wall seem even bigger than they did when you were entering the valley, with them being a solid 40 feet tall.

Roadmakers were drunk. I guess not anymore, as that unfortunate night has been retconned out of existence via map tweaks.
    Entering the tower, you hear some random people talking upstairs. Other than that, the place is silent.

You pass some peculiar sites, including 2 men talking in the middle of nowhere, some wagons, a random abandoned village, and a weird tower. The entrance to the forest is an old, cracking arch that the path goes through. Visibility only lets you see about 10 feet in before it becomes too dark.

Karun "... Yeah, that's our guy. For future reference, any wizard with an elemental motif and a coat is probably with us."

One of the cultist guys goes to pick up the ice mage, giving him a potion.

Mitzm: "The puppet government's going to be in Kyuvaar, acutally. Either way, I now have an excuse to kill you, with the "enemy" thing and all, along with your big old confession to being with that black armor guy, so can we get on with it already?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.