1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Vesuia: "Ward. Let's hope this helps."

The man casts a flame strike, which you successfully manage to dodge. The man falls back, torso injured.

2. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll try to do a hit-and-run attack with my sword while he's stunned from the attack.

3. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He manages to dodge your attack, leaping back to his feet in one smooth motion.
    "Flame Strike!"

4. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm going to at least try to sidestep, hoping Vesuia's ward does something. I'll try to skewer his neck with a throwing knife if I can sidestep.

5. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The line of flame hits your shoulder, but instead of erupting into a huge fire, it fizzes out. The knife lands true, spilling open the blood from his neck.

You have slain [Fire Mage]!
    Loot
    Red and Gold Coat
    Wooden Wand [Magic Focus]
    [21] Gold Coins
    Clothes

6. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll take the Coat (I can disguise myself like Robbie Rotten), Wand, and Gold.

I won't take the clothes because I'm not a pervert.

Hexorcism likes this.
  7. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I unlock the door, walk outside and listen carefully.

8. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another door closes. Someone just entered a different room. From the room the talking was coming from earlier, you hear only silence.

9. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guess who came up with a new addition to spell system.
    <----

The new addition to the system is *drumroll*,
    TRAP SPELLS!

How trap spells work? Let me explain. You can create trap spell by hiding it in regular spell framework (is only achiveable by people who understand arcane language, which is basically magic programming). Trap spells work by casting hidden spell in the spell itself. When the caster casts the spell, a trap spell hidden withing the spell will activate. The trap spall can be any other spell, except for divine spell. However this works the other way around, meaning you can hide arcane spell inside divine spell.

How would this work in practice? Well...
    Imagine casting heal on somebody, then trap spell activating death and killing the caster, or you could cast Ward on youself but the trap spell would redirect it onto your enemy.
    But it might aswell be non harmful. Like when you cast light, you might also cast hiccup spell on yourself and your companions.

Or it might be a complete apocalypse! Like being this amazing big bad guy thinking you just owned everybody and soon becoming god, then casting Fusion of the Planes and actually fusing mortal and divine planes together killing everybody including yourself but that one creppy old guy who you got the spell from and as you you die the only thing you cab hear is the old guy laughing before ascending to true godhood.

Man, that kind of spell would realllllly suck, wouldn't it?

10. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I head down the stairs and look in the tavern and what's outside.

11. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It appears soon that Day One might end.

Day One.
    I've really fallen into the rabbit hole now, haven't I.

At this point the villain is either going to be a really shady puppetmaster god that may or may not exist, [???], or you.

Vesuia: I do wonder what they were here for... either way, what shall we do next? Viewing the windows, it is already dark out, but we can continue to search the tower."

Descending down the steps, you find Robert sitting motionless at one of the tavern tables. The lady bartender appears resigned to this, as if she's seen stranger.
    The night is cool, with little activity outside the building. The only people you can see are a bunch of rescue workers up the hill on the other side of town trying to use river water to extinguish the lord's manor.

12. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "I am unsure how much time we have..."

Do the other two bodies have anything non-incinerated on them?

13. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I approach the lady.

Leon: "Greetings, being. I seek no rest, so I will converse. How has your day been?"

14. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe you'll do the classic "we're fighting this big bad guy, but suprise, suprise! The real villain is the guy who was in our party since the beginning and he's even more evil then the guy we just defeted." Anyway, I'll gladly take that role even if it means loosing.

15. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A bit of jewelry made of metal with really high melting points are the only things that could survive unscathed. One of the charred corpses has an amulet on its neck. Opening it reveals a somehow mostly-intact picture of a man with his family.

I think that anybody smart and/or evil enough can have a field day with it. If you want to use them, use them. i'm not too unfriendly with you adding your own little bits and pieces to existing systems, as they're rather bare-bone.

"Average, mostly. However, my brother went out to do something... I'm waiting for him to come back. Odd that he's out this late..."

16. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    Leon: "He left town when he left the tavern. He said he was not planning on returning. He said he had too many troubles. I am deeply sorry for your loss."

17. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Hmm. Back off to the big city, then? Well, I guess he's one to follow his own dreams. Either wa-
    She doesn't look any different, but anybody could sense it. The light in her eyes, the softness in her posture, it's gone. There's nothing left that can be recognized as "human".

"You dare kill that man? Do you know how hard it was to get somebody into the position where they could- Aaargh! You have incurred my personal wrath, interloper. I was prepared to do this with minimum casualty, but I hold this town as my hostage. Make your moves carefully."

"-y, I hope he's doing well out there. Eh? Is there something wrong?"

18. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You just opened the doors to hell.

There are going to be SO MANY new mechanics.

19. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I envision a hood of stars over her head, and it fades almost immediately.

Leon: (under his breath) "I see right through you, cultist scum. Your pawns are outnumbered by the stars that are my eyes above. You may be the queen in this chess game, but there is always a strategy..."

Leon: (normal tone, to bartender) "Do you know anything of these hooded figures that have increased in numbers?"

20. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Hmm? No. I just manage the bar around here. Leave strange events up to the lord, I'd say... Then again, did you see that fire? His son's probably going to be elated that he can move the throne to Kyre. Never liked his dad, that one."

It's about halfway through the night that Eradius' peaceful is struck by a horrific dream of extremely unsettling nature to him. A personal horror that lasts over an hour. Peaceful sleep resumes.

The gates of hell themselves spill open, letting horror and madness spill into the world. The game turns into the call of cthulhu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.