1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I follow

2. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I assume nothing interesting happens while we walk back.
    I'll write the numbers on the scrap of paper in my journal and aftar that throw it out, then I'll take a look at Treso's Guide to Organizational Efficiency and see if there is anything interesting
    OOC:putting this in a spoiler because I don't know if anything will happen before I get to my room

3. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Who was that, mou- er... y'know I've never got your name, what is it?"

4. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    Thorston: "The name's Elwood... Thorston Elwood."

5. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Are you quoteing a movie or something? Anyway, It's nice to meet y- gets intruduced to your name.... ?" *Eradius blinks for couple of seconds in confusion* "Well anyway... My name is Eradius Ver- "
    It seems even though drunk Eradius's still wouldn't tell his last name; curious.
    Eradius: "Just call me Eradius or Eradius, Guardian of the Arcane Knawledge."

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  6. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Thorston: "Knawledge...?"

7. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Yes, Knawledge. Have you never heard of Arcane Knawledge?"

8. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Thorston: "I suppose I haven't."

9. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Well..."

Eradius opens his book of Arcane Knawledge.

Eradius: "Have you heard of the place called Heaven?"

10. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Thorston: "Isn't that the home of the angles?"

11. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "AND the Deties."

I search through my book looking for something.

12. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Leon has returned to his room. Hope he has a restful night.

Looking closer at the book, it definitely is a bunch of genre savvy tips on how to run a cult, from dictating proper response to suspicious people to limiting monologue lengths. the only noteworthy thing is that the guide, on the surface at least, poses as a book for running a legitimate organization. You have to read a bit before you realize the book's true nature.

It takes a while, but eventually you find a wall of text. Isn't written in what you now recognize as your own hand, however.

Notes on the divine:
    Extremely powerful entities, none actually created the world. No, they were born out of either a mortal ascension or a figurehead/concept being so believed in that it spontaneously achieved existence & sentience. They reside in heaven, a celestial plane harboring a multitude of demiplanes, one custom for each deity. A god does not need true worship, simply its aspect continuing to affect the mortal world. For example, if there was a god of trickery that no mortal knew of, all trickery on the mortal plane would still fuel its existence. Thus, some gods can remain unknown to mortal races. The angels are the standard shock troops of various deities, basic forces used to influence and destroy in the mortal realm, a place that the gods cannot truly touch. The only way one can interact with a mortal plane is via followers, who they may empower with various abilities, or aforementioned angels. Angels are bound to the service of the god they were created by, and thus cannot have free will unless some incredibly rare or strange event occurs. Angels may descend to the mortal plane, and do so frequently, but one who does not serve a specific god is nearly unheard of. The only reason it is known that angels can have free will is one or two ancient historical cases. An angel with free will is a monstrous existence, capable of reaching heights of magic and physical skill only dreamed of by most mere mortals. They generally live on the order of thousands of years.

Every 1000 years, a massive army of angels sent from various gods invades all mortal realm. This is usually spearheaded by the weaker angels, however, these angels are still as strong as a trained human and come in the millions. They invade and destroy all technological advancement, making it near impossible for civilization as a whole to move forward. The last time an invasion like this occurred was roughly 1026, so another invasion is on track to hit the world in the 2020's, within only a few decades of this piece being written. Empires and various kingdoms are very secretive of said advancements and innovations as a result, hoping they aren't the next to be targeted. As of now, the only descriptions of heaven known by the mortal races comes from the few angels descended with free will, and of even those, fewer still yet have memories. As of now, it is impossible for the mortal races to enter that plane.

The tavern appears to be quieting down for the night. The bard wandered off outside hours ago, and the patrons seem to be either streaming out or going upstairs. The lady in charge is cleaning off the bar and putting the chairs in a corner. Night is here, and everything is shutting off.

Vesuia: "Where do we set it up? They're getting close to the stairs..."

It's not long before you've bid goodbye and are back in your room.

13. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "We'll hide at the beginning of the hallway, in view of the stairs. When they come up, I'll use the light spell I found to blind them, then you pick some of them off with magic. I'll use throwing knives and my sword afterward.

14. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Seeing as there's nothing of interest in the book I'll leave it and go to rest

15. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I lock the door and sit on the bed. I listen carefully around me.

16. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Now as for the Knawledge part...
    Well I don't intentionally say knowledge wrong or am too drunk to say it properly, oh, no, no, no, no, no.
    No, I say Knawledge becouse it's diferent then what we consider knowledge, but let's start from the begging...
    This book wasn't originally owned by me, but rather an old scholar who studied the subject of gods."

Eradius searches for something specific in his book.

"His studies were focused on subject of Knawledge. This strange word is actually were the word knowledge orignated from. What Knawledge meant though? Well, it meant the study of everything, the ENTIRE EXISTANCE so to speak and the way to reach GODHOOD."

Eradius begins smiling nervously.

"While the book itself had belonged to a specific scholar, the resarch was conducted by a group of powerful and wise teachers of ways of the Arcane. The ones which were ancestors of many historical mastersof Arcane arts, aswell as founders of the Academy of the Arcane Knowledge."

Eradius seems to laugh a bit. Not in in a funny way.

"They were trying to unlock secrets of becoming gods and achiving Heaven. Unfortunetly they were unsucessfull. Me and couple of my fellow friends and teachers of the Academy had found the secret room deep underground the library of Arcane Knowledge were stashed in old bookshelves we found the scriptures and books regarding their studies. FRom that day we decided to complete their work."

Eradius abruptly stops smiling and grinning. He looks like he instantly got sober. Was he even drunk at all?

"Unfortunetly even with hundreds of years of progression in learning the acts of Arcane as well as inner working of the world we couldn't finish their work.
    At least not the regular way...."

Eradius pulls out an old parchment that has something written in language you cannot comprehend.

"This is what I and few others had destroyed our carrers and some even lifes for. It's a spell called Fusion of the Planes. What does it do? Well... It was troublesome translting it from language of gods to ours but we've managed. Afcourse we had to finish it it's original language, so we had to spend a lot of time not only learning to read it, but also lraning to write it. But as I said we still couldn't finish it, the usual way."

Eradius's eyes seem devoided of life. Or at least he's very, very somber.

"Do you know how much is 1 million people? WE thought we would be done quickly."

Eradius chuckles.

"But as I said before we got found out and we couldn't finish our work. Still... 25% is still a lot."

Eradius puts the scrolls back into his book closes it and looks at Thorston.

"But why am I telling you this? Maybe I've been through a lot in my life. I DID try many times after loosing my job at the Academy. Hell, some places I'd be dead if I'd showed up in. So maybe I just want to get this off my chest, y'know? Tell someone my life story. "Why would I tell my dark past to some rando I just got randomly drunk with?" Well In my study of the Knawledge I discoverd some texts about ancient god who would entertain himself be playing games out of people's lives, either rewarding them or putting challanges in their paths. And, well... ever since I started my path of destruction I think he's been keeping his eye socket on me; and I also belive he's been watching you."

Eradius walks to his bed.

"I won't tell you the rest of my story becouse frankly I had a rough day and I need some sleep. Why would I just go to sleep and leave me vulnerable? Simple, really. Becouse I killed three people today who by the time you tried to attack them would be getting someone to wipe your remains off the floor."

Eradius lays in bed but doesn't go to sleep.

"When you leave please close the door, i don't want to have to worry about what should I do about someone's body when I'll be waking up."

Eradius puts covers on himself and wait to Thoston to leave the room before going to sleep.

17. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Out of her belt pouch, Vesuia somehow lifts out a large and ornate staff. There's no way that thing's supposed to fit in there.

It's a little while later that you hear them coming up the stairs.
    "-So whoever did this is probably still in the tower. It is our duty to avenge the fallen. That is wh- GAAAH! What's that ligh-"
    "Fireball."

A roaring inferno blasts out in from of you.

There appear to already be two corpses, one wearing black and the other yellow. The only remaining person is decked out in a long, red, regal looking coat, with literal fire coming out of his eyes. He easily deflects the knives and parries your strike.

"The agents of the gods already send their counter? They should not be able to... how?!"

Sleep comes easy tonight, your dreams unbothered.

You hear mostly snoring around you. A man close by is talking about something in what you can tell is an incredibly dramatic tone, but the walls muffle exactly what he's saying. The only sounds you hear after that are a small person headed to their room.

Somewhere above, something either screams or laughs. Tis a symphony of joy? Or one of doom? Ye may never know.

The question is of sleep. Enjoy it while it may yet last. Your sleep is calm, but dreamless.

18. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I look away quickly and flash light right in his eyes, before looking back. While he's blinded, I cut him in half with my sword.

19. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I am literally one with fire, angel. YOUR PETTY TRICKS WILL NOT WORK ON ME! FLAME AURA!"
    Flames burst out, wreathing him in heat and pain. He dodges your strike and punches you straight in the gut, pushing you back around 5 feet. Where he struck you feels like burning iron, pressed upon your skin.

20. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "Rrgh... Vesuia... Help me out here..."

I raise my sword and prepare to defend. If he fires a spell, I'll prepare to dodge. If he charges at me, I'll sidestep and slash him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.